Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun, here's a JDM Ford Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if the newest incarnation will be able to handle, it's still likely to weigh a hell of a lot. The current model V6 weighs in at about 3400lbs (which, honestly, is less than I expected.)

If I ever buy a Mustang, it'll have to be a V8 model. I do appreciate their ability to turn, but the draw lies in the raw straight line power!
    It's like my CTS-V. It has a very well tuned suspension, and handles incredibly for a car that weighs about 2 tons (with me in it.) Still, the majority of the fun I get out of it comes from flooring it in a straight line!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
      That's what jdm means. It means designed for a smarter consumer than we are so it's a better product.

there was article in years past that discussed the "dumbing down" of America

look at what is on TV today (or even tonight)

deev is right when he mentions JDM and alot of people think better stuff but are they right

99% of cell phones/computers/electronics are made in China/Southeast Asia

Apple designs in California but manufactures in China

I have been on websites that sell new release American music on cassette and vinyl

the funniest I saw is the new Wal-Mart commercial that plays up to the fact that Wal-Mart is now buying alot of their product from American manufacturers that produce here in the states. the commercial is good but what i find hysterical is the music

"Working Man" by Rush

one of the best rock bands to come out of Canada ever.

JDM is only true JDM if it was made in Japan itself
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I didn't say anything about things being better, or people thinking so (or otherwise.)

My point was just that many people don't actually know what the term means.
        For example, something DOES NOT have to be made in Japan to be JDM. That's the entire point of this thread! That Mustang is 100% made in the US... and 100% JDM.

Comment

Hey man! You cut off the first part of my thesis statement. I met a guy from japan about six years ago. He had a sharp cell phone. I know right they don't sell cell phones in the us (at least under that name). That's so jdm! Anyhow it had a 10 mega pixel camera, at that time the best phones in the us where the first I phone or a blackberry. It was leagues above what we had in every way. I'm no technological freak so I don't know all the better features but my buddies there did. I do know like three or four years later the htc evo came out with an 8 mega pixel camera that over all was not very good for 8 mega pixels.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            They never used a V4 in the Mustang. I4 in the 2nd gen (that was pathetic, not even 100hp), and the turbo I4 in the 3rd gen (SVO... that was respectable.)
            Ford did have a V4, but the only vehicle that got that in the US (that I'm aware of) was the Saab Sonnet III.
            They had an NA 4-cyl in the fox body, as well. A friend of mine had one. It was a 92 convertible, and was slow as mud and terrible on gas, too. Still an I4, if I recall correctly, though, not a V4.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman61377 View Post
              They had an NA 4-cyl in the fox body, as well. A friend of mine had one. It was a 92 convertible, and was slow as mud and terrible on gas, too. Still an I4, if I recall correctly, though, not a V4.
              it was a 2.3 the same engine they used in the ford ranger and tractors...
              but with enough money they are bad ass

Comment

Oh yeah. Forgot about the lame NA 4 in those!
                I've read that the Volvo turbo 4s will drop right in. Never bothered to try to confirm that though.

Comment

Also, I meant to say this before, and I don't see it...
                  The Celica was actually a blatant (and admitted) Mustang ripoff.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Also, I meant to say this before, and I don't see it...
                    The Celica was actually a blatant (and admitted) Mustang ripoff.
                    And today SO much cheaper than a Mustang of a similar vintage.
                    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

True. Though some of the lower model mustangs aren't as desirable. It's harder to find a good 1st gen Celica than it is to find a Mustang of the same era.

Comment

Working...
                      X