H4 bulb comparison w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H4 bulb comparison w/pics

and to clarify, these are installed in 1pc jdm's.

well im done with the hid "style" bulbs. i dont care if they look cool, i cant see for shit. i put in a pair of 60w osram silverstars tonight so here are a couple pics comparing them with the random 60w xenon gas bulbs... theyre all the same. these pics dont do justice to how much brighter then shine on the road. im not really used to the output of regular halogen bulbs, but i can see alot better.

seems sort of odd that you had to clarify the h4 bulbs were in jdm one piece headlights, as they don't work in the usdm headlights. but i suppose you could have projector headlights *shudder* or edm/e-code headlights.

in any event, good pics. i'm going to link this thread within the jdm headlight thread.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

projectors have H3 and H1 bulbs

So the white ones are HID style? and the yellow ones are The sylver stars?

i thought they woulda been the other way around, im confused.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

The light output on silver stars is not white, it is definitely yellow. I have put silverstars in an Audi A4, and they looked very bright, but they were not white.

Comment

Real HID bulbs are the way to go. I don't know why ppl even bother with HID 'look' type bulbs... you're just throwing your money away.. If you can't afford Real HID, I say just stick with your regular halogen bulb.

It's a fact that our eyes can see yellow light better. That's why you can see so much more. Having a blue hue improves how the road signs and markings appear though (this is what i noticed), probably because the light is more white.

When you put in Real HID, light output is increased 3x. Energy consumption is roughly 1/3 reduced. If you stay in the 4300K-8000K color range, road signs and markings are practically glowing..

Do yourself and your car a favor and save up for HIDs

Comment

yea, i do plan on getting real hid's, but theyre not high on my priority list right now. and im sure we all know that h4's are for the jdm's, but i figured if i didnt state that, there would be one person asking "what are h4 bulbs?". and i got bit in the ass before for not stating that my fiv adjusting was h22 specific. better safe that sorry.

and from pics ive seen, i thought the silverstars might have been a little less yellow, but im not disappointed at all. i just wanted to see better.

Comment

Originally posted by Genki

When you put in Real HID, light output is increased 3x. Energy consumption is roughly 1/3 reduced. If you stay in the 4300K-8000K color range, road signs and markings are practically glowing..

Do yourself and your car a favor and save up for HIDs
              Actually, the HID bulbs are rated at 35W. But it also takes another ~8W to run each ballast. So compared to a 55W halogen, you've shaved off ~12W.

Anyhow, the point remains: less energy consumption with much greater output.
              Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Originally posted by Genki
                I don't know why ppl even bother with HID 'look' type bulbs... you're just throwing your money away.. If you can't afford Real HID, I say just stick with your regular halogen bulb.
                hence the point of the thread.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                and im sure we all know that h4's are for the jdm's, but i figured if i didnt state that, there would be one person asking "what are h4 bulbs?".
                i was being facetious with my earlier comment, but forgot to add a smiley. kinda lose some emtion/context/inflection over the 'net. it's all good.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                  The light output on silver stars is not white, it is definitely yellow. I have put silverstars in an Audi A4, and they looked very bright, but they were not white.
                  i disagree with this.... i'll be home tomorow and i can take pics if i can find the wire to hook the digi up to the computer.. althogh mine are the 9005's not any of the 'h' series bulbs...
                  --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                    i disagree with this.... i'll be home tomorow and i can take pics if i can find the wire to hook the digi up to the computer.. althogh mine are the 9005's not any of the 'h' series bulbs...
                    Hm... I think this color thing is all relative. Your silverstars will look "whiter" than regular stock halogens. But if you pulled up next to OEM HID, the silverstars will look yellowish.
                    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Working...
                    X