ENG: ac removal f22a1 (with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: ac removal f22a1 (with pics)

Step 1: Discharge AC lines with professional help.

Step 2: remove front bumper from vehicle.

Step 3:
    remove aluminum hard lines at their connections on the compressor, by the battery, and at the firewall. Stock air box or intake system needs to be removed for clearance.

pic w/ aluminum hard lines

after removing hard lines

Step 4:
    Remove the ac fan from radiator ( the fan is on the drivers side. It is the smaller of the two fans.) Two bolts on the top of the fan need to be removed, and there are two plugs to unconnect then it pulls out.

Pic with fan removed.

removed items so far (the plastic piece is my windshield wiper fluid reservoir. that was just a side project )

Step 5:
    Release tension on power steering pump, and remove the power steering belt. The Tensioner bolt is the bolt on the bottom of the power steering pump.

Step 6: Loosen alternator, and remove alternator/compressor belt.

Step 7: Remove four 12mm bolts holding compressor on. To remove the compressor, lift up on the alternator as you lift the compressor out to allow for clearance.
    (with ac compressor removed.)

Step 8:

Remove item in picture circled in red. Remove two aluminum hard lines running into the top of it, and the two 10mm bolts holding it to the chassis. then remove.

(Item Removed)

(so far items removed)

Step 9:
    Place new belt (5pk-0955) (Dayco brand belt part number is 5050375) on alternator. Then tighten alternator to original spec.

Step 10:
    Replace power steering belt back onto the power steering pump. Tighten tensioner bolt to original spec.

Step 11:
    Secure loose plugs with zipties, then remount front bumper.

Step 12:
    Congratulations on having no more air conditioning

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Also, there is a condenser in front of the radiator you can remove. However, I did not do that this time. If I decide to do it later, I will edit this post with pictures and instructions for it. Hope this helps

Comment

nice write up and thanks for putting up pics!

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
      Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

thanks, I have been meaning to do this since my ac has not worked since i had the car lol

R.I.P> Ronald Murphy the best dad ever in life. YOu will be missed.

Comment

Thank you sooo much bro! I have wanted to do this for a while now but I was scared on what to remove lol.

^^^^^
          Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

nice write-up I need to get around to doing this since my ac is no more.
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

will be doing this very soon. thanks for the write up.
              We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
              Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Good write up, I was going to remove mine... Then i fixed it.. need it living by death valley
                Blake.
                1994 Accord Part out!
                Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Good DIY. Someone needs to do one like this for the powersteering delete and looping the lines and everything. The ac i'll have to keep for now even though I only use it when it rains.

Comment

MODS, is this sticky-worthy??

Comment

shit i think so
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                      i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

fan nut top one is rusted and plastic nut grabber failed how the hell i get it off
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                        i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
                          fan nut top one is rusted and plastic nut grabber failed how the hell i get it off
                          have you tried any kind of lubricant (wd-40) to loosen it up at all?

Comment

Don't forget about removing the a/c harness too, that includes those 2 weird looking relays on the d/s, slightly infront of the p/s reservoir. Right by where the receiver tank was, that's a seperate harness from the rest of the car's harness. It connects to the car's harness as an 8 pin or 10 pin connector, can't remember off the top of my head right now. Did you remove the evaporator too? Removing that and making the box airtight adds blower motor velocity Another plus is that the radiator gets more direct airflow w/ the condenser being gone.

Comment

ummm what ps belt are u running since u dont have ac? i am having a hard time finding a belt that will work in my car. or mayb the dudes are dumb that work at autozone.
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                              X