H23Accord's retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23Accord's retrofit

Ok after months of talking about it, I finally decided to go from an HID setup in OEM reflective housings to the razor sharp cutoff and high luminosity found only in cars with OEM HIDs. Obviously since i currently am not in the correct financial situation to purchase a new vehicle with OEM HIDs, I decided to go with a retrofit consisting of ECE valeos and 4100K bulbs. There were 2 prototypes that I looked between but ended up with prototype 2.

Here are pics of prototype #1:

Pics of prototype #2:

Final product photos taken by and also stolen from Uncle_El:

Lighting pics are not up yet due to me blowing a fuse the night of the install AFTER we put the bumper back on. I was driving Padiddle style so I figured I would wait till it was done right to post pics of the lighting up. They will be up as soon as I get a chance to align them and El gets a chance to take some. Just wanted to post this up since I have had a lot of people ask about it.

Thanks go out to Richard (99aznaccord from HIDplanet) for making them,K-Mart for helping me install them, and El for takin the pics!
    Last edited by H23Accord; 01-11-2005, 09:09 PM.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

they look good, just like i figured. Cant wait to see the pictures of the light output.

Comment

Love the projectors, can't wait to see what the light output is like!
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

dang those headlight look flawless and new. even the corner lamps look new. now get some against-the-wall/projecting-on-a-dark-street pics. how did you wire them? was it a kit? good work!
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Thanks. It is funny because I really don't like the look of the projector but I love this one because it looks very oemish. I am still in the process of aligning them. Aligning them is a little different then halogens due the the sharp cutoff not allowing light to go past the cutoff. Once I have everything aligned I will get some wall pics.

Timmy the headlights are new actually. I didn't want to use the ones I had even though they were only 8 months old. I figured if I am gonna do it I am gonna do it right the first time and go all out. I actually used my euro clear corners and recently put orange bulbs in them so the oem corners will be up for sale. I think I now have 3 pairs of them lol.

It is not a kit. I actually had them retrofitted for me by 99aznaccord on hidplanet.com. He was beyond great. I told him what I wanted (wanted best lighting possible yet still look oemish), he came up with a couple designs, and then I picked one. He actually would check with me on a constant basis to find out EXACTLY how i wanted it. If I felt changes needed to be made he made them. He also made my wiring harness to make everything plug and play. Nothing better than a plug and play retrofit If anyone ever needs a retrofit, he is highly recommended.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

They look really good

Comment

How much did you hve to pay to have that guy make them for you?
              -Jay

Comment

I got a deal since it was his first 4th gen retrofit! But he is by far the cheapest retrofitter out there and by far the best I have seen. I did a lot of homework before I decided to have him do it. He is roughly half the price of Hidtech if I remember correctly...which makes his price roughly $200-$250 area. Xplode actually introduced me to him as "the guy that does all the retrofits for Hidplanet.com." Well worth the money I spent to have him do it not only from the actual installation of the projector into the housing and overall quality of workmanship but also customer service was fandamntastic as well. Not to mention the individuality and rare-factor. I didn't like the way all of the other retrofits made the projector look real tiny so I had him come up with some ideas to make it "look" bigger and help give the housing as well as the car a more updated look.
                Last edited by H23Accord; 01-11-2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

im ready to see the light output......on both of them!

Comment

all pics with h.i.d. lights on are only resized in photoshop so that the pics aren't huge for everyone (i shot the pics at the highest resolution). for those interested in photo settings, i've included exposure time and f stop.

1 sec exposure, f/6.3

1 sec exposure, f/6.3

1 sec exposure, f/2.8

1 sec exposure, f/2.8

1 sec exposure, f/2.8

1 sec exposure, f/2.8

1 sec exposure, f/2.5

1 sec exposure, f/2.5

edit: pics resized in photshop so as to not be too large for everyone to see.
                    Last edited by uncle_el; 01-22-2005, 02:03 PM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

1 sec exposure, f/2.2

1/400 sec exposure, f/2.0

Last edited by uncle_el; 01-22-2005, 02:05 PM.

Comment

click here for all pics taken of h23accord's light output (53 pics total)

edit:

full size version of h.i.d. lights on can be found here (full size, resize, and a few pics later in the thread are here; 32 pics total)
                        Last edited by uncle_el; 01-22-2005, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Incredible. That is all I can say. Between those amazing lights, and El's crazy photo skills. I am in awe. Great work guys!

Comment

looks pretty good man.. how much did the ECE hid's cost? and where's the JDM fogs you got from me?

good retrofit man.. looks professional too!
                            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Thanks. I am really happy with them. The pictures came out real well thanks to El's awesome photography skills! The ECE's cost about $230 I think after shipping and all. I had a pair of DOTs that I ended up selling for the ECEs.
                              As for the JDM fogs, it has been too cold for an install so i haven't gotten to them yet. I may be performing a HID install on the fogs as well but not sure yet. Plus I have been real busy with work. I will probably have those done in March since I am currently using the golden rule for cars: "Maintenance before mods."

Comment

Working...
                              X