Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 starts rough. Sometimes bogs out and dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 starts rough. Sometimes bogs out and dies

I've been having trouble with my car starting for some time now. It's been getting worse. Sometimes when I try to start my car it just bogs out. I've been revving to 3k for 10 or so seconds on the start just to get it going. Sometimes it starts fine. Sometimes it starts but then starts to sputter but a rev fixes it and sometimes it starts but all of the gas in the world wont keep it going.

When that happens the best thing to do is wait 2 or 3 minutes and try it again. Sometimes I reset the ECU by pulling the fuse but I'm not sure if that actually fixes anything or just kills the 2 or 3 minutes wait time.

I have a F22A1 with a stainless steel megan racing 4-2-1 header. When I had it installed the POS mechanic ruined the stock O2 sensor and replaced it with a bosch. The wires are (i believe) spliced because there is a big section of wrapped electrical tape. I don't know for sure though because I've never actually taken the tape off.

Anyway, I posted on classifieds (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=168455) about buying a used O2 sensor. Some suggested I just buy new and told me to look on summit racing. Here's what I found:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Y...s/?Ns=Rank|Asc

3 are there. One is a Botch. The other two look like they would work but A). I'm not sure if that's true and B). it looks like they're only showing the coupler. Which would be better?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

The first one is for the F22A6. The second one is for the F22A1. Look at the "Application" tab.

Personally, I'd go with www.RockAuto.com and their Denso sensor. We have a 5% discount with them using the promo code they provided for cb7tuner members (look in the Beginner OT section for that code.)

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167948 here ya go.

Comment

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=991606

DENSO Part # 2344621
      $31.79

Can't beat that price.

Now, are there any tricks to pulling/installing an oxygen sensor? Denso is as good as OEM (NTK?)?
      My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
        http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=991606
        DENSO Part # 2344621
        $31.79

Can't beat that price.

Now, are there any tricks to pulling/installing an oxygen sensor?
        Getting an oxygen sensor remover tool. Its basically a deepsocket with a slit on the side of it so the wires and plug harness dont get in the way. Very helpful. I let the car warm up a little that way it comes off a little easier. The warmer the car is around the pipes the pipes expand a littlebit around the opening.

Comment

And why would you get an replacement oxygen sensor from summit racing? why not jsut go to the local autopart store for something like that its not that serious.

Comment

Most parts stores sell Bosch, which is what he got last time.

Denso and NTK/NGK are both OEM quality replaements. I believe some Hondas DO use the Denso units as well.

Comment

Spend an extra buck for a pack of anti-sieze. In my opinion there isn't enough of it pre-applied to the threads of the replacement sensor.

Comment

bad o2 isnt going to affect starting. check fuel pressure.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

how do I go about doing that?
                  My Car

Comment

I was going to suggest that as well. When I was having o2 sensor issues, I read in the Chilton manual that the o2 sensor doesn't even start sending a signal to the ecu until it reaches some god awful temp. I was going to suggest an IACV? if I leave mine unplugged and start my car, it'll start and run, but it runs like shit. It stumbles, bogs, then eventually dies. I can plug it back in and it starts, idles and runs perfect.

Comment

Well then let's look there. Where can I find the IACV, what does it even stand for and what should I do to fix it? You said when you unplugged it?

Either way I need to work on this. It's getting worse and worse. Sometimes it'll start fine. Sometimes it'll bog and a rev will fix it, and sometimes it'll just die no matter what. It's really annoying.

edit:
                      Just found this:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=IACV+clean
                      My Car

Comment

Reading about the IACV - my idle fluxuates but not a lot. Sometimes it idles at 800rpm, sometimes (after a long trip) it'll idle around 1500. It dosent fluxuate fast.
                        My Car

Comment

I just updated the title a bit.

Are there any other areas I should check while I'm cleaning the IACV?
                          My Car

Comment

Try cleaning out the egr valve. If you had some more time maybe even clean out the egr ports. That helps hestiation.

But most likely you just needed to tighten the fiv aka fast idle valve.

Its under the throttle body on the h. I think the f is on the manifold near the fpr.

Comment

When was the last time you did a tune up?

And Denso is boss.

Bosch is garbage.

Always go with Denso/NGK.

Comment

Working...
                              X