Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Performance F22 Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance F22 Cams

So i've been searching for cams once again, but this time for the F22A.An come up with very few options once again.I've personally used Delta, and bisi products other than that i can't say what cam does what.
    What im looking for is who else offers us F22 guys cam besides these 3 listed below, and ofcourse any info is welcomed.
    Now this is what i've personally came up with so far...

Bisimoto:Lots of choices (All info is from their site).

Lvl1 F22A/B non vtec.Offers a 10% improvement in power over factory, with stock-like idle, with emphasis on the 1500 to 5700 rpm range. Emissions friendly. Takes 7-10 business days to manufacture, after stock cam core is recieved. Cam gears highly recommended. Purchase stock cam core, if one is not available. 0.396" valve lift on the intake, 0.369" exh; 212 deg duration on intake and 216 deg

Lvl2 F22A/B non vtec.
    Offers a 15% improvement in power over factory, with stock-like idle, with emphasis on the 1700 to 5900 rpm range. Takes 7-10 business days to manufacture, after stock cam core is recieved. Cam gears, and our pro valve springs are highly recommended. Purchase stock cam core, if one is not available. 0.400" valve lift on the intake, 0.372" exh; 222 deg duration on intake and 225 deg exhaust at 0.040"

Lvl3 F22A/B non vtec Hardweld cam.
    Offers over a 20% improvement in power over factory, with a lopey idle; emphasis on the 3000 to 7900 rpm range. Takes 7-10 business days to manufacture, after stock cam core is recieved. Cam gears, EMS or carburetors, and our pro valve springs are a must. Purchase stock cam core, if one is not available. Works well with our cnc porting procedure. 0.480" valve lift on the intake, 0.482" exh; 268 deg duration on intake and 252 deg exhaust at 0.040"
    Proven to over 300hp on an F22a.

LvlX F22A/B non vtec Hardweld cam.
    Professional use only. Offers over a 27% improvement in power over factory, with a lopey idle; emphasis on the 3500 to 8400 rpm range. Takes 7-10 business days to manufacture, after stock cam core is recieved. Cam gears, headwork, EMS or carburetors, custom rocker arms, and Bisimoto pro valve springs/retainers are a must. Purchase stock cam core, if one is not avaiable. Secret specs. Cam used by Bisimoto to run 9 second elapsed times.

Delta:You've got the choice of the 262,272,282.

262 stage 1 street.
    Good for a little pep an still daily drivable frendly,5-10% improvement,stock idle no tune or valvetrain upgrade needed,great cam for auto cars.)No specs on this one sorry.

272 stage 2 street/strip.
    Great performing cam for mid/high range performance,15-20% improvement,idle is a bit tricky to maintain 900-1100 is about right,valve train recommended (but delta said none was needed, but from my experience id say atleast valve srings and a cam gear would be a good idea aswell a tune)

282 stage3 Strip.
    This is their bad mofo cam for serious track use!Delta recommends a valvetrain upgrade at the least,power band is 4500rpms+,idle is going to be far from stock.

Gude: Dont know to awful much about em, but below is about all the info i came up with from a quick search

Gudes bullfrog F22A cam
    Powerband from 3500 RPM To 6800 RPM,idle is around 900 RPM.
    Intake LIFT - .405 DURATION - 228
    Exhaust LIFT - .402 DURATION - 228

Web camshafts: So looks like only a choice of two cams.I'will be trying to get in touch with them about these cam profiles to learn more.

Stage1 F22A.
    Very broad power range with good idle for stock fuel injected engines.
    Intake Lift - .380 Duration-216 Duration@ 0.050-190
    Exhaust Lift - .370 Duration-230 Duration@ 0.050-208

Stage2 F22A.
    Improves mid and upper end performance, fair Idle.
    Intake Lift - .380 Duration-228 Duration@ 0.050-205
    Exhasut Lift - .370 duration-230 Duration@ 0.050-208

Thats about all i've got at the moment.What i'm looking for is are they anymore options out there, and if so let me know.I will update this thread as i get more info about companies that produce cams for us aswell as info on their products.Any info is appreciated an hope this helps some people out.I know i'd like to have more options an info listed on one thread so i started this one.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 09-18-2011, 04:32 AM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post

Thats about all i've got at the moment.What i'm looking for is are they anymore options out there, and if so let me know.I will update this thread as i get more info about companies that produce cams for us aswell as info on their products.Any info is appreciated an hope this helps some people out.I know i'd like to have more options an info listed on one thread so i started this one.
    Just a comment on Gude, I've heard they are HORRIBLE and steer very clear of them. Everything from snapped cams to horrific customer service. But those are the only 3 I have heard of, could be more but I dunno.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Did you really have to quote all of that?lol(Awsome you fixed it).An yes i've heard about gude, which is why i've only used bisi an delta.

People with experience on any of these cams please feel free to give your opinions,But only if you your self have owned one or currently do.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Updated info up to a total of four possible companies that have cams for the F22a.

02 Crv

Comment

With the option of custom grinding, do you really need anything more than the options given?

Comment

I'm running an Exospeed, but they don't make them anymore, AFAIK. In fact, cb7t is the only place I could find the specs for it! lol Like Mike said, do you really need more options?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              With the option of custom grinding, do you really need anything more than the options given?
              Come on deev gotta play the field as much as possible.Basically this thread is to help others, an if i find more well hell it just another option.

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              I'm running an Exospeed, but they don't make them anymore, AFAIK. In fact, cb7t is the only place I could find the specs for it! lol Like Mike said, do you really need more options?
              Haha always great to have options.I know an i've seen how yours performs.It was actually one of the first places i checked out to see what was up,but was a no go for the F22.

02 Crv

Comment

My Gude cam has been running just fine the past 25k miles. Guy I bought it from ran it for 10k miles, so durability is ok. I haven't tuned it yet, so I can't comment on total power increase.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

IIRC Web is who makes/grinds Bisi's cams for him. Another cam company that is known for designing cams with specs that perform is Kelford in New Zealand.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Noob question about cams...

When a cam changes the power band from stock to say 4500rpms-6800rpms, would we need a chipped ecu to attain the 6800rpms being that stock I rev only to 6500rpms?

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      My Gude cam has been running just fine the past 25k miles. Guy I bought it from ran it for 10k miles, so durability is ok. I haven't tuned it yet, so I can't comment on total power increase.
                      Care to give more info on your setup an as far as how the cam acts?

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      IIRC Web is who makes/grinds Bisi's cams for him. Another cam company that is known for designing cams with specs that perform is Kelford in New Zealand.
                      Are they just a company that regrinds?What im trying to do here is get all the companies that actually make cams for us.But i could add companies that do custom profiles aswell.
                      Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
                      Noob question about cams...

When a cam changes the power band from stock to say 4500rpms-6800rpms, would we need a chipped ecu to attain the 6800rpms being that stock I rev only to 6500rpms?
                      IMHO an experience to fully benefit from the cam you'd want more than just a chiped ECU, but an actual tune for the setup.

02 Crv

Comment

whats your goal?

sometimes you want a certain setup for a cam, not just slam a cam and run it.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          whats your goal?

sometimes you want a certain setup for a cam, not just slam a cam and run it.
                          Who me?Nah bud im picking through what i want for my next set up, won't be no over night decision.I've had bisi and delta good stuff, but IMO it's worth holding out and weighing the options of others.This thread is just for people who might wonder "whats all out there?lets search F22A cam's"...Not for me or my build plans in general.Just figured it be nice to have the info an peoples personal reviews in one thread.But i do agree not every cam is for everyone you have to do major research.
                          PS: Thanks for the valve man it was just what the doctor ordered for my current setup i'm building.
                          Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 09-19-2011, 01:04 AM.

02 Crv

Comment

lol no problem. turns out i needed that valve to help complete a f22 head that i have laying around. oh well.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              lol no problem. turns out i needed that valve to help complete a f22 head that i have laying around. oh well.
                              Installed it an A6 springs same day i got it.I can send that bent one so you can roll it around on a table in circles baha.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                              X