Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just small rust repair. [56k warning]

Well, dont know is this right place to post, but meh

First removed paint and stone chip protection with nylon disc(not sure what it is called at english).

Not so bad rust damage, so really best fix now than later.

Cut'ed outter panel with air saw.

Yup, not so rusted.

"buffed" with wirewheel.

Making repair "panel" for inner arch.

Marked cut-lines.

Cutted and held place with magnets, time to start weld...

Pigeon-shit-weld, nothing fancy or good looking weld(i blame cheap and shitty welding machine for that...) but 100%-seam anyway.

cardboard-mockup.

Shiny shiny and welded on place.

Overall picture of inner arch repair, "buffed" with wire wheel, and pigeon-shit weld all over place

Time to start plan outter arch repair part, this was bought part, whole outter arch costed aprx. 30euros and i used only like 20cm part of it

Held place with grips, marked whole part on car, cheked what would be the smalles needed repair part and then marked that on repair piece(that inner sharpie line)

What i meaned, cutted out with air saw.

Weld-thru primer/rust proofer painted on inner arch.

Held by grips and first welds placed.

Of course before first welds I drilled holes for plug welds.

Welded on place.

Grinded down, before metal bondo.

Sanded before bondo.

Metal bondo sanded down.

Normal bondo sanded down and ready to primer spray.

Primer sanded and ready to get stonechip protection, also last picture i was too tired to take anymore pictures of this project, over 28h with sames eyes at garage was enough.

In inner arch i first but some butyl over weld seams, then primed it and then stonechip protector, behind or "in" i sprayed lots of wax type rust protection.

And sorry for bad english, still not my native language.
    Last edited by t1ger; 12-24-2012, 03:40 AM.
    WTS / WTB

The end product looks really good, great job. You should probably try to get a better welder tho, lol. And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.

Comment

^ Lolololol
      COUPE K24

Comment

what kind of car is that?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
          The end product looks really good, great job. You should probably try to get a better welder tho, lol. And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
          Planing to get Kemppi Minarcmig Evo 170 or similiar from Esab, called CaddyMig C160i and thanks ^^
          Originally posted by Quashish View Post
          what kind of car is that?
          Car is my firends brother's Toyota Carina II

Picture is taken from wikipedia,
          Last edited by t1ger; 12-24-2012, 08:42 PM.
          WTS / WTB

Comment

...for example
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              ...for example
              Blow me

Check the spelling on that

Comment

Check the spelling on that
                It is spelled correctly, but used incorrectly. "you're" is a contraction for "you are". The word should be "your", a possessive pronoun.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  It is spelled correctly, but used incorrectly. "you're" is a contraction for "you are". The word should be "your", a possessive pronoun.
                  I know it is used incorrectly. Shit happens, you people act like YOU'RE perfect. Why don't you guys use YOUR time in a productive way instead of jumping down somebody's throat for a grammatical error. Get a fucking life. This does'nt have shit to do with the op's post so wtf.

Comment

Who's jumping down whose throat? A simple grammar lesson.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                    X