• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News from Hasport on K20 -> CB7

Shawn Hayden to keith
    Nov 11 (3 days ago)

Hello,

My name is Shawn Hayden and I'm am a member over at CB7tuner.com. I noticed during Sema LV week, someone on Honda-Tech had posted some pictures of a CD chassis accord with a K20 swapped in it. Of course I quickly realized that it had to be a Hasport car, not only by the HUGE banner on the windshield, but simply because you guys are always the first to come out with the more "radical" mounts.

I was wondering if there was any new info on the K20 mounts for the older body style accords, more in particularly the CB (1990-1993). Will the CD mounts work? When will the CD Mounts be available to the public? What did you all do for Axles, shift linkage, etc... Things like this have greatly intrigued our community and there are a few people wanting to get more info on what exactly they'll have to do to get a K in their car.

Any info/good quality pics of your CD would be greatly appreciated!

Keith Gillespie
    Nov 11 (3 days ago)

Hello Shawn,

We hope to have the 1994-7 Accord mounts out by the first of next year and the 90-93 Accord mount kit by the end of March and then the 92-96 Prelude mounts after that. The kit will use a K24 Accord or TSX transmission which is not the same as the RSX. The 94-7 mounts are similar but not the same as the 90-93. We made custom axles and used shift linkage from a current generation Accord. I will see about getting some pictures up on our site some time next week

Thanks for asking,

Keith Gillespie

Hasport Performance, Inc..
    OS^e
    1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

I really want a K-series . . . maybe its time to just suck it up and start a separate bank account just for this . . . a K24/K20 hybrid would be so sweet.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

as much as i'd love to be one of the first with a K20 swapped cb, i don't see myself dishing out the $4,000.

Comment

... We made custom axles and ...
        Oh, piece of cake then. I've got some spare fence posts and bed frame rails. I could make some axles no problem.

But anyway, why did they use a K20 instead of K24? For a CB7 I'd want the torque too, not just the ponies.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
          Oh, piece of cake then. I've got some spare fence posts and bed frame rails. I could make some axles no problem.

But anyway, why did they use a K20 instead of K24? For a CB7 I'd want the torque too, not just the ponies.
          the fact that the TSX is harder the swap in . . . drive by wire>*
          -Mark-
          CB7
          CD5

Comment

they used the aCcord/TSX tranny, and are saying that the RSX/Civic tranny's wont work... not sure why?

but they will have the axles available for sale I'm sure
            OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
              they used the aCcord/TSX tranny, and are saying that the RSX/Civic tranny's wont work... not sure why?

but they will have the axles available for sale I'm sure
              or at least some possible info so ppl can get a custom set made up, say at driveshaftshop

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

^^ what he said
                OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  the fact that the TSX is harder the swap in . . . drive by wire>*
                  Drive-by-wire is gonna eventually have to be a non-issue somehow, with either modified throttle body or brand new gas pedal or whatever.

'06 Civics, '06 Accords and '06 RSX (at least Type S) are all drive-by-wire. It is "the way of all fish."
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

doesnt really seem like it would be all that difficult... swapping pedals by making a bracket for a pedal out of a new car and wireing it up?
                    OS^e

My Members Ride's Thread

Comment

looks like k24 is going to be the second future mod on my list gotta boost first
                      =my idea of classic JDM
                      to my car page

Comment

Not all K series were drive-by-wire though, and all of the IMs are interchangable, so it wouldn't be too hard to get a K24 and put a non-drive-by-wire TB on it . The new SI uses the exact same IM as the I4 Accord (same casting # and everything), and the TB is just like ours. They are held on by 4 bolts, the only difference being that one is pulled by a cable and the other has an electric motor.

Engine management might be an issue, but I am sure Hondata would be able to solve that fairly easily.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Yeah I am not sure. I can't imagine it would be too much different. They just basically put a rheostat on the pedal that is basically like a TPS. I suppose getting the calibration just right could be an issue. I think it comes down more to making the software calibration work correctly, so that it feels natural.

Also, in my previous post, before it is misunderstood, I didn't imply that the SI's throttle body was like ours and driven by a cable. I meant that it is all self contained in one unit, so you could hypothetically pull it off and replace it with a cable throttle body.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Nice letter well put and looks great on the community.
                            So a 6 speed trannsmission is a viable option ? It would be nice to see a well priced kit from Hasport that includes everything we need. One day...

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              Not all K series were drive-by-wire though, and all of the IMs are interchangable, so it wouldn't be too hard to get a K24 and put a non-drive-by-wire TB on it . The new SI uses the exact same IM as the I4 Accord (same casting # and everything), and the TB is just like ours. They are held on by 4 bolts, the only difference being that one is pulled by a cable and the other has an electric motor.

Engine management might be an issue, but I am sure Hondata would be able to solve that fairly easily.
                              I wasnt aware that all teh IM's were interchangeable . . . I just thought they were between K24's and K20's . . . but, thats a good peice of info to know
                              -Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

Comment

Working...
                              X