Kurobei Warudakumi : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kurobei Warudakumi : 1992 Accord EX

Welcome to my Members Ride page! My name is Tommy and I would like to present the girl of my life "Naiyomi" my 1992 EX Sedan.

I first drove my parents CB7 when I was a senior in highschool....to be honest I HATED IT! The cool tuner cars at that time had to either be a civic or integra. I had my heart set upon owning a DA Integra especially the B17 equipped GS-R,but that didn't happen since good used hondas and acuras were always in the 4-6grand range and I was just working a minimum wage job. Being a teen the time having the latest trend gear in clothes,music, expensive girlfriend etc. forced me to never save enough money. I graduated Highschool in 2000 and it was time to go to college and I still didn't have my own ride. I had a chance to fix my dads old '77 280Z but never got serious about it and it ended up in donation.

I finally came across a DA GS-R one day and test drove it....but for some reason it didn't suit me! I loved the luxury the accord came equipped with even though it wasn't as "sporty".

I was then given this Boxy thing that got me from point A to B since I was in need of a daily driver badly to go back and fourth to college...but for some reason it grew on me!

Late 2000 the import tuner bug really bit me hard and I was trying to do anything to get noticed in the Civic and Integra crowd. All of my friends had either a civic,integra or eclipse but I was the oddball in the group. I loved the fact that nobody in my area at the time fixed up accords and the first mods I aquired some clear corners,bumper lamps and of course Altezzas!

Oh how I loved being the first in my area to rock those! LOL Being a new thing in the market, I got my first fix-it ticket by a local cop because he never seen those before and considered them to be like the "complete white" tailamps that were the thing at the time. What pissed me off was that a Del-Sol was driving next to me in th next lane with the same altezza lamps...but the cop chose me. I even had a Full Vis Streetfighter II bodykit ready to be painted. I always loved how that famous white Neuspeed accord looked that can be found all over the net...but as time went by I sold it after I stumbled upon the old Accordclub website and saw accords can look very nice stock wit a nice set of rims and paint.

From there I also discovered a H22A can shoehorn into my engine bay and realizing the other cool "different" potential this car had compared to the common everyday civic and integras that were showing up in import magazines, with the loving support of my family and friends it helped change my car into what you see today. By July 2004 all my hard work paid off and I graduated College. I still never got too serious about swapping a H22A motor because of work and school,but my father being a oldschool muscle gearhead back in the day watched over my project since day one and surprised me and said he'll buy me my motor for my graduation present. My goal is to build a USDM-spec Si-T CB7 with a accent of different j-tuned styling from race,wild,show and VIP themes.

Sadly in late November 2006, my first Accord I worked so hard to customize was totalled by me falling asleep at the wheel due to my new Job working Graveshift. I flipped and rolled over 3x but my CB7 saved my life...the airbag really helped too! If it hadn't been for the airbag and the great crash rating of my Accord, i'd probably be dead or yet paralyzed. CHP and doctors don't even see how I came out of the crash basically unscathed with just minor cuts and a sprained knee. I almost thought about getting a different car...but something told me to start all over and revive my gurl in a different shell. It took me months but I finally found the perfect donor accord to revive Kurobei. What you see below is a reincarnation of Kurobei but under a new project name "warudakumi" which roughly translates in Japanese to (EvIL DeSign)tm.

Warudakumi CB7 SiT

Exterior:

JDM Front Bumper with lightweight support
    JDM 19-92 Authentic License Plate
    JDM Si-T Amber/Clear bumper signals
    JDM Si-T Amber Remocon Pole
    JDM 92-93 Spec Black housed One Piece lamps with 10k Hid/Custom ION Yellow Conversion (tm)
    JDM 92-93 Honda Access OEM Headlight Guards
    JDM 92-93 Spec Stanley fog lights
    JDM CB Euro Clear Sidemarkers
    JDM CB Intersection Lamps
    JDM Green Rear Remocon Pole
    JDM Honda Access CB9 Front/Rear Corner Sensors (to be installed)
    JDM G-Square Chrome Door Handles
    JDM G-Square Grille
    JDM Window Rain Visors
    Sonar Red Clear Tailamps
    OEM Sunroof Visor
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood / Top Secret Aero Hood Pins
    JSP Carbon Fiber Trunk
    Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Gas Door
    USDM/USDM CB6 Flushmount Wing
    USDM CF9 Coupe Rear Bumper Sidemarkers
    AUS Roof Spoiler (to be installed)

Interior Appearance Modifications:

1993 SE Dash Conversion with Passenger SRS
    1991 SE Black Leather Interior
    2003 Acura RL Power Seats/DC2 Black Leather Headrests
    JDM SiT Manual Amber Gauge Cluster with Traction Control & Chrome Rings
    JDM CL7 Euro-R SRS Steering Wheel / JDM Steering Wheel Sun guard
    JDM Torneo Euro-R Yellow Stitched Shift Boot
    JDM Mugen Racing Pedals (to be installed)
    JDM OEM Polished Sidestep Panels
    JDM Air Refiner
    JDM Honda Flashlight
    JDM Domo-Kun Freshener

JDM CB9 Wagon Armrest Console
    *Parking Pole
    *Fog
    *Half
    Prelude BB4 OEM Shifter Conversion / Skunk2 Titanium Shift Knob

Audio/Visual:

JDM CB Tape Deck CD/Changer Unit
    JDM Honda Acess Navi/TV Broadcasting Unit
    OEM 7-Band Equalizer
    Q-Logic Kickform Panels / Polk Audio 6x9 / EM1 Si Tweeters (to be installed)
    Warudakumi Custom PCart PC

Engine

F22a6
    JDM 1992 Prelude SiR H22A Engine (Project engine for now...)
    JDM Katakana Fuse Cover
    JDM Spoon Sports Magnetic Transmission/Oil Pan plugs
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    NGK Race Wires (For Project Engine)
    Unorthodox Red Lightweight Race Pulleys (For Project engine)
    CP Cold Air Intake
    Apexi WS1 /Tsudo 2.5 Hybrid Exhaust

Suspension:

Eibach Sportlines
    GR-2 Gas Struts
    Intrax Front/Rear Sway Bars
    DC Sports Lower Rear Tiebar

Wheels:

JDM Mackin Industries Project Kics R6 Lug Nuts & Locks
    15’ 1992 OEM EX Alloys (winter)
    16’ Mugen M7 (Race)
    16’ G-Square Breaks (Show)
    17’ ADR-RS Limited Concept Pro (race)

Misc Accord 1989-93 JDM Collection

JDM 1989-90 Chrome Trim Headlights
    JDM 1989-90 Chrome Flat Side Moldings
    JDM G-Square Chrome Mirror Covers
    JDM G-Square Eyelids
    JDM EastBear Grille
    JDM CA Flushmount Wing
    JDM Kaminari Carbon Fiber Flushmount Wing
    JDM 92-93 Spec Red/Smoke tail lamps

Euro-Spec 90-91 Projector Fog Lights
    Euro-Spec Rear Fog Lamp

Future Plans:
    Paint - Either Nighthawk Black Pearl or Fiji Blue
    New Black Carpet
    Euro-R Intake Manifold
    Tein Superstreet Coilover System with EDFC
    Defi VSD-X Unit
    Valentine One Radar System
    Explicit Speed Performance Traction Bar System
    Custom OEM Heat shield compatible hidden 4-1 race header+ inline ESC system
    Custom Camera system for Warudakumi
    Last edited by Kurobei; 02-27-2008, 07:28 PM.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

---------------------reserved------------------------

Last edited by Kurobei; 11-08-2007, 02:09 PM.
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

---------------------RESERVED------------------------

Secret Trademark custom real ION Conversion that started the yellow painting disease era....(no painting here btw)

Pre JDM Mods during College 2003

New Fogs and removed Military E-Plate for Japan issued 19-92 License Plate

-JDM Spec Fogs
      -Custom ion bumper lamps
      -Custom ion JDM Black One Piece lamps
      -ADR 17 rims
      -Custom 89-90 JDM CB-R Grille
      -19-92 JDM License Plate
      Last edited by Kurobei; 11-08-2007, 02:23 PM.
      707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

---------------------RESERVED 3------------------------

Early '06 Church Parking Lot

Meet Photos

Accord Meet 8-5-06

Accord Meet 9-30-06

Last edited by Kurobei; 11-08-2007, 02:29 PM.
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

The Death of Project Kurobei

I fell asleep on the wheel during my drive back home from work. I was merely 3-4min away from my house and fell asleep somewhere coming back W-bound I-80 towards the N. Texas St. exit. I woke up after hopping the island portion of the exit going at least 70mph when I tried to regain control of my vehicle. Just under second nature I slammed on the brakes which didn't help but make matters worse since one of my G-square rims was folded under from hopping the island. I instantly got torque steer as I tried to steer the vehicle off the island area and into the emergency lane/hill to slow my speed down.Since my one of my wheels was folded, my cb started sliding the opposite way and then saw a huge ditch and was like "OH $#*@!" I was airborne and almost flew over the ditch completely... but the nose of my car barely made it over and I hit nose first as my CB started to roll over! Upon hitting the nose of the car, my airbag slapped me in the face and then I saw the roof of my cb7 cave in and I ducked thinking that this was the end. I tumbled over 3x and my rear window popped and glass was flying everywhere in my cabin. WHen I was finished rolling over I could smell gas as my h22 was still running. I was literally hanging upside down in my seatbelt and I was frantically trying to get out of the car thinking my car would blow up any given second. It was really hard to unbuckle my seatbelt as all my weight was keeping me from depressing the unlock button. I wiggled and finally got out and crawled out the window cutting my hands on the shattered glass. I ran about 20feet away from my car and then my car shut off.

After all this, I can say I give the CB7 a ***** crash rating!

I tried to retain most of my car parts from project Kurobei but what pissed me off was that most of my rare parts were either destroyed or messed up during the accident. One of the things that made me mad that was shattered to pieces was my AUS roof wing which was only the 2nd one to be known to exist in our community. I was determined to restore this piece and visited my crash site about 3-4x and searched the area for a good 1hr each time. I found all the shattered fragments except for one piece but now I can restore it in the future:

(project update) Wing has been restored and a replica has been made and original kept in storage just in case.

Parts that were intact I was able to keep was my flushmount spoiler (just had a big gash from flipping over which was easy to fix since I never had it painted oem black till now) Red Clear lamps... I don't see how these survived the roll over but they did without one scratch. and last but not least, my
          G-Square grille which flew off 10feet but only suffered paint scratches! I was very happy that part survived. It was funny because it took the mounting tabs from my JDM headlamps with it when they broke.

Last edited by Kurobei; 11-08-2007, 02:55 PM.
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

New Project Warudakumi code name

Meet "Naiyomi"

Pre JDM B4 Heather Farms meet

Don't hate on my USDM sheepskin covers! They looked nasty but boi they were nice during the winter!

My last project "Kurobei" I wanted to do a clean jdm theme with an intention of doing a auto H22A to manual swap+ Turbo. Unfortunately due to the accident, my plans have changed and I sold most of my turbo toys to import other jdm things for my new project Naiyomi. This time my goal is basically still the same to create a USDM Si-T, but I'm going to be focusing more on all motor with a accent of jdm race/vip style themes.

I can't decide whether or not I'll go with a H22 again due to gas prices nowadays but since I have a 5-speed now, i'm loving my gas mileage and the fun factor that my auto-h22a could never shine with only 4gears.

At this moment my H22a is sitting on a engine stand as a project motor and maybe in the future, it will go back in. (stay tuned!)

Last edited by Kurobei; 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM.
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Extensive mods as of 08/13/07

Carbon Madness!

I wanted to wait until all my carbon fiber goodies came in before dressing up Naiyomi. I had a bad E-bay seller sell me a SAYBON hood rather than a Seibon hood as described. It had excessive bad weaves and the under skeleton wasn't holding to the carbon fiber. The company didn't do jack as far as packaging it right and UPS of course dragged and threw the box around and it came to me with UPS custom modified shaved corners! After 2 weeks of fighting I got my money back and decided to spend a extra $120 to pick one up at a local speed shop.

Seibon OEM hood + Top Secret Hood Pin Install

The hood i'm very happy with the fitment! The Top Secret Pins are a WIP still as I need to fiberglass patch the bottom portion of the skeleton because i'm anal about it... need to buy some time. Update pictures later.

JSP Carbon Fiber Trunk and Custom Carbon Gas Door install

I didn't see anyone else on this message board that had a JSP trunk and I've personally seen 94-95 accords with them so I decided to be a guinea pig and try one out.

The quality of the trunk I can give it a 8/10. The weave is perfect however the trunk being a 90-93 universal, I was unhappy with the modifications needed to make it work with my particular year. The only difference with the JSP versus the VIS and the first custom cb trunks is the middle license plate filler needs to be transfered over...so yes this part won't be carbon fiber but for my preference, I like the way this looks than a Full carbon fiber rear as it kinda gives the trunk a even accent of color.

CONS:

1) The license plate holes were way out of line (unless 90-91 holes differ) but they were way off and I had to make my own holes. The Keyhole hole is not there (still WIP) as I'm not worried about it at the moment until I re-route my custom rear marker wiring and future rear jdm remocon pole setup.

2) Another part that wasn't right was the trunk latch pre marked areas for the holes. I had to re-align the latch waaay far from the pre-existing pre-made hole taps to make sure the trunk will close.

3) You will need to get rid of the trunk tension rods as they will not let you close the carbon trunk properly. It will not sit flush no matter what you do and will let water in if you just let it be. That said you will need to make a custom trunk holding rod or rig some gas struts. This is a WIP i'm doing too.

So anyone that wants a carbon trunk, I would recommend this over a VIS as far as looks, however if you don't like drilling or measuring...then it might not be for you.

Kaminari Custom Carbon Fiber Flushmount Spoiler Fitment Test

Rare L.E.D.-less kaminari wing wrapped in carbon fiber. I Kaminari stole the design off a Legend flushmount wing and just incorporated a notch just for the H emblem. The design follows the Legend flushmount exactly.

New Possible Facelift

-JDM G-Square eyelids and Eastbear
              pre-fitment

Last edited by Kurobei; 11-08-2007, 04:39 PM.
              707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Haven't done an update in ages. Here is what I've been mocking up lately.

I currently have a Neptune RTP ver1 system running on a p72 also connected to a Tunerview1 monitor (just like a VAFC). I've ran it for a little over 2years but had experienced weird resets of my map putting me immediately in limp mode. I finally found the source of the problem leading to my Braille Battery going under the normal operating voltage and my underdrive pulleys never let my alternator charge it efficiently on stop and go useage while traveling. On one particular cold morning I tried starting my car and it killed my map yet again but also killed my tunerview1 unit even when putting my car on a trickle charger. The tunerview unit couldn't be reflashed and wasn't even being supported anymore with the release of the Tunerview 2. I then called JR at Hrtuning and he was able to hook me up with a introductory price + discount for a their new Neptune RD1 system!

This was a mockup of my unit inside a accord cluster with custom cut sheet metal. Since this is my daily driver, I can't afford any downtime so I decided to ditch this unit temporarily because I wanted something with a readable fuel gauge while making the unit look clean. I've seen other installs of this unit and I didn't like how some mounted the unit far to the left to accomodate the various honda fuel gauges. I later bought a fuel sender converter unit but to use with this accord cluster mockup...but that will be done later.

I then saw an install in a DC2 gauge cluster and I thought.... why not do the prelude cluster? I didn't want to do a BB6 cluster conversion because I wanted to keep everything "accord" but then again my cluster wouldn't be the same regardless anyhow with the mod.
                Last edited by Kurobei; 08-20-2011, 07:26 AM.
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Time for a prelude conversion!

OMG I'm never attempting anything like this again! What a pain in the @rse that was!

Last edited by Kurobei; 08-20-2011, 07:19 AM.
                  707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                  '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

2nd Prelude Gauge Cluster came in the mail!

This one I will modify the same way I started the Accord Cluster. When I find the time to program the fuel sender unit, I may go back to the Accord Cluster just because....

The prelude cluster dials are in pairs of 2. I had to cut them in half in order for this to work

Now I got 4 seperate pieces! The MPH and RPM dials are still functional and can be used if my current prelude cluster dials decide to fail for whatever reason

Housing modification for LCD screen unit: I used a sharpie to mark the areas where the LCD will sit just like I did the Accord cluster for fitment.

Test fit

I used alluminum foil to mockup a betzel with no dial holes since the OEM prelude betzel is one piece with the gauge shroud and I couldn't wait ordering a carbon etc. one off the net just for measurement purposes. This betzels purpose is to support the LCD frame.

Thats all for now!

After this I plan on ordering some carbon fiber and fiberglassing the new shroud without the holes.
                    Last edited by Kurobei; 08-20-2011, 07:35 AM.
                    707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

---------------------RESERVED 10------------------------

Please do not post
                      707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                      '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

---------------------RESERVED 11------------------------

Please do not post
                        707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

---------------------RESERVED 12------------------------

Please do not post
                          707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

---------------------RESERVED 13------------------------

Please do not post
                            707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

---------------------RESERVED 14------------------------

Please do not post
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

"I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                              X