Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**HELP** anyone know about the science behind Gas Grills???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**HELP** anyone know about the science behind Gas Grills???

i recently got a new charbroil grill. its a full stainless model. i noticed while i was using it, there is a 1.5" gap on the back of the grill where its hinged. it looks like alot of heat is being let out, which i assume is not a good thing. i went back to home depot and looked at all the other grills. some were completely closed off in the back, but a few also had an opening in the back.

a friend at work mentioned that it might be on purpose. something with the grill being stainless steel and needing to let out heat. can anyone shed some light for me???

You need air for combustion. I am guessing the gap is probably there for that reason.

Comment

i thought about that doc, but its also vented on the bottom of the grill under the burners. i can get a pic up, but it seems to be an abnormally large gap... you can see the heat waves coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
        i thought about that doc, but its also vented on the bottom of the grill under the burners. i can get a pic up, but it seems to be an abnormally large gap... you can see the heat waves coming out.
        i work at lowes as a commercial driver, but know the guys that assemble our grilles, also know a bit about them, pm me a pic of this please.

Comment

here ya go

Comment

I've built probably three hundred grills for Lowes, HD, Walmart, etc. From what I can tell, your grill looks like it's together correctly. Check out the fit on the sides; it looks great. It also looks to me like the way it pivots on the side pins would keep it from opening up if the gap was not there

Comment

Pretty sure thats how they go. I just looked at ours and its like that. The heat stays up in the huge top.

Comment

Looks normal to me as well. Mine has a similiar space on the rear also.

I noticed that you have rotisserie cutout peruvian chicken ftw.
                "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                ><((((º>

Comment

It is an exhaust to vent the combustion by products, and the smoke.

Similar to what gas ranges have on the front. It is nothing to worry about, as it basically does the same thing as a smokestack on a fireplace or charcoal grill. Since heat rises, it most likely results in a minimal loss of heat, but as the air circulates, it allows it to vent. Side exit fireplaces do that too.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                  X