Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting off the Ruger P95DC 9MM

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=35833741

youtube ..for some reason wouldn't let me upload..so I just used myspace.

( rapid fire )

92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Nice
    Watched your other vids - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=35833608

is pretty funny
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I can definately see the difference in kick between the 45 and the 9. I'd like to see you fire the 45 rapidly like you did the 9. I thinking about getting either a 45 or a 40, possibly a 9mm but I'm sort of undecided. Only pistol I have shot is a 22. I have fired some big caliber rifles though, prolly no comparison to a pistol though

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

^ Get the 9mm. Leave the .45 for the Texas sherrif's. Navy seals, Dept. Homeland security, U.S. coast guard all use the common 9mm. Not saying higher calibers like the .40 and .45 are bad but if you don't practice with your pistol everyday its going to be difficult to adjust for the recoil in an emergency situation. Were as the 9 you know when you shoot multiple time you'll remain in the general area. If you are still not convinced I recommend the Sig Sauer P229 or the new P250 and they are made with interchangeable barrels so you can buy all three for your pistol. 9mm/.357 sig/.40 calibers avaiable interchangeable. But for your first gun get the 9mm. Again rigorous testing by the U.S. coast guard and Navy this sig sauer and it is what is on they're hips now.

Comment

I also recommend the 9mm. The .40 cal has more knock down force than the 9mm with less recoil of a .45. A 9mm is easy to double tap. Less recoil after a shot means you can place a second shot on target very quickly. Another plus for 9mm is the price of ammo. It's much more affordable to shoot 50 rounds per week than a .40 or .45. Lastly, the 9mm can store more ammo than .40 or .45.

After shooting a .22, I would say go 9mm and work your way up so you can decide for yourself.
          My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
            After shooting a .22, I would say go 9mm and work your way up so you can decide for yourself.
            x2 your going to be in for a big shock if you jump from a .22 to a .40 or .45

Quite a few Police Departments use the 9mm as the department issued service weapon.

Comment

9mm hollow point would be good for home defense.

9mm Full metal jackets tend to over penetrate the target. As a result you'll have to think about what is behind your target. Hollow points should drive penetration down and increase knock down power. I'm not sure if hollow points will still fully penetrate.

.40/.45 wont fully penetrate a target. By target, I'm not talking about paper :P
              My Car

Comment

With a weaver stance like Kenny demonstrated in the vid, follow up shots are just as easy with a .45.
                "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
                  With a weaver stance like Kenny demonstrated in the vid, follow up shots are just as easy with a .45.
                  its is! ( weaver stance is the best for me )

I will make another video ...this time around shooting the .45 in rapid fire.

*NOTE*

there was no target...I was at a friends house that owns A LOT of land.

and I was just shooting at the big ass tree he has next to his garage.

but yeah...I will definitely make another video ...shooting my .45 at rapid fire.

another note:

I dunno about the rest of you...but a .45 has hella knock down power...1 or 2 rounds and its NIGHTY NIGHT.

I know for a fact....being I was in a life or death situation where there was 3 vs me.

pulled the .45 shot 3 rounds....laid out 2 out of the 3 thieves.

( already spoke on it in a different thread )

but I wouldn't compare a .45 to a 9MM.....nothing is wrong with a 9MM..but you just can't compare the sheer power of a .45 to a 9MM.

yes..you do have to constantly think whats on the other side of the door or wall...when you shoot the bad guy.

you always have a conscience about ( what if ).

Im very deadly with my .45 ....shooting my 9MM is like shooting a .22 ( dont feel the recoil because Im used to shooting .40/.45/.50AE ) but yeah..a 9MM is a good Home defense caliber.

logically....center of mass....if you shoot a crackhead at center mass of 20 feet...it would probably take 3-4 rounds from a 9MM to lay his/her ass out.

1 or 2 rounds from a .45 WILL put em down.

TRUTHFULLY...if you dont know how to handle a .45 ...placement shots will be hard after each round. ( follow up rounds )

I dont have that problem. for the unexperienced...it will take some time and practice to handle the recoil and sight alignment at fast rapid firing.
                  Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 06-09-2008, 06:01 PM.
                  92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                    9mm hollow point would be good for home defense.

9mm Full metal jackets tend to over penetrate the target. As a result you'll have to think about what is behind your target. Hollow points should drive penetration down and increase knock down power. I'm not sure if hollow points will still fully penetrate.

.40/.45 wont fully penetrate a target. By target, I'm not talking about paper :P
                    I have Winchester 9MM 147GR SXT Hollowpoints loaded in my P95DC as Im typing this.

and Winchester 230GR hollowpoints in my .45

hollowpoints are best for personal protection...as the FMJs will just go right through your enemy and possibly hit an innocent bystander.

MR Thread:

Comment

Kenny, If I ever get to meet up with you, I have some that I'll let you have in the off chance that the SCOTUS sells us short.

My Ruger ate that +p ammo like candy and asked for more
                      "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                      ><((((º>

Comment

due to the 9mm's over penetration, it almost seems like the .380 round would even be sufficient. BUT I think I'll stick to 9mm for the time being.

Anyone know anything about the 10mm round?
                        My Car

Comment

i love 45's, any big caliber round, but I can't hit shit with them!

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

lol

I'm thinking about taking my rifle to the range tomorrow. I have a business presentation and then crap to take care of at my university... it'd be funny to show up to the range in a suit :P

Anyway, the point to this post is to mention that the best home defense round is the 12 gauge round. The best self defense round (imo) is the 9mm. .45 has way superior knock down, but the 9mm allows for ultra-concealability.

As for the rifle, I think I managed to fix it. The firing pin was sticking in the bolt. I think some lubricant was gummed up in it. I used Kroil to get it unstuck and now it seems to be working propperly. The friggin thing was scary though. I'd pull the trigger and it'd sometimes take about 3-4 seconds to fire. yes.
                            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1 View Post

Kenny, If I ever get to meet up with you, I have some that I'll let you have in the off chance that the SCOTUS sells us short.

My Ruger ate that +p ammo like candy and asked for more
                              Joe...hows the recoil on those rounds?

I heard the +Ps have extra kick.

I wouldn't mind having a crack at those +Ps at the range

MR Thread:

Comment

Working...
                              X