talk me out of getting a bike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk me out of getting a bike...

2 weeks ago a coworker proposed to trade his bike for my 88 supra.the offer doesnt stand any more but i always wanted a bike and i am now seriously contemplating trading for a bike.riding season is pretty much over so probably not anytime soon...The supra is FUN especially at the level it is now but boost is a drug and it can get expensive trying to max that turbo out...i love speed and a bike is perfect for that

The only thing that sucks is that the sup is %100 built by me.I had that thing competely torn and put back together in my garage...I know every single bolt in the damn thing...A bike is a totally new experiance.

I dont have a favorite bike as they are all sexy as fuck but if you guys have any suggestions post them up

what do you think is worth trading for a RUST FREE, clean titled, southern supra, originaly na,targa top, turbo swapped, completely rebuilt with arp everything, hks MHG, upgraded turbo, FMIC, RSR catback, DP, turbo tranny, LSD rear end,ETC...262k but 1k on the motor...

Last edited by Ilikebigbutts; 09-29-2008, 10:41 PM.
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Just dont do it
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

there you go.....thats my arm after my project honda CBR 600 F3 went nuts on me. and thats at 15mph.....
      I also cracked my hip and it's now all fucked up.

Comment

i also want a bike like a Kawasaki Ninja. but i swear im scared of getting into an accident with the bike. looks like a 100% chance of death in that shiet. but man do i love them.

Comment

ouch at 15mph?
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts View Post
            ouch at 15mph?
            Yep.... shit is dangerous.

the throttle stuck in 1st gear right before i shifted and i didn't even have enough time to grab the clutch.... if you want i can post the rest of the pics.

Comment

how are you going to get groceries? ride a crotch rocket while raining? no thanks.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post

there you go.....thats my arm after my project honda CBR 600 F3 went nuts on me. and thats at 15mph.....
                I also cracked my hip and it's now all fucked up.
                dude, i can see your palmaris longus....

Comment

DEVOTE

Comment

bikes are sexy, buy a bike, keep the supra
                    ..[CB7][STAR]..
                    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

dont listen to them. ive been riding for a year now. 2001 cbr f4i...

ive put 5,000 miles on, never had a close call.. cheap insurance, 45 to the gallon... how can you loose? just be careful, take defensive driving classes, etc.

you'll be ok.

Comment

and i forgot to mention, ive never had a close call, and i live in the 11th WORST place to drive a bike in the world, statistically.

the number of deaths of riders per number of riders is really high here, and ive never had an incident.

Comment

i actually cant stop staring at that. the cut is so clean. its kinda amazing.

but anywho. if you really want a bike so bad. put the turbo build on hold for a lil while and save up for a bike. they arent too expensive. and you can get nice bikes for relativly dirt cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby View Post
                            and i forgot to mention, ive never had a close call, and i live in the 11th WORST place to drive a bike in the world, statistically.

the number of deaths of riders per number of riders is really high here, and ive never had an incident.
                            that thing called luck... he might not have any

Comment

sup is %100 built by me, RUST FREE, clean titled, southern supra, originaly na,targa top, turbo swapped, completely rebuilt with arp everything, hks MHG, upgraded turbo, FMIC, RSR catback, DP, turbo tranny, LSD rear end,ETC...262k but 1k on the motor...
                              Good enough?

i love speed and a bike is perfect for that
                              If you chose to get a bike, be careful man. It's really easy to hit the "OH SHIT" zone. Speed is nice but you can't enjoy it if you are in a hospital bed.
                              3 CB's gone....
                              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X