Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got Ubuntu to make use of my Belkin wireless adapter!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got Ubuntu to make use of my Belkin wireless adapter!!!

Just wanted to share my excitement as tonight after hours of reading and fucking up i got my USB wireless adapter to work in Ubuntu 8.04(Hardy Heron) and its working like a charm now(im posting under Ubuntu) and im excited.

Now its time to put windows to the test!

Muahahahahahahahahahahah!

Every time I see the name Ubuntu I think of Ndugu from Jack Schmidt. Haha..

Cool, I had a hell of a time getting drivers to work with Feisty Fawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      Just wanted to share my excitement as tonight after hours of reading and fucking up i got my USB wireless adapter to work in Ubuntu 8.04(Hardy Heron) and its working like a charm now(im posting under Ubuntu) and im excited.

Now its time to put windows to the test!

Muahahahahahahahahahahah!
      Well, its possible that with the ubuntu 8.04 LTS, it sould work without doing anything , my cousin have a usb d-link wifi adapter it wasnt working with the 7.10 and without doing anything, it worked with 8.04 ... What version do you have ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
        Well, its possible that with the ubuntu 8.04 LTS, it sould work without doing anything , my cousin have a usb d-link wifi adapter it wasnt working with the 7.10 and without doing anything, it worked with 8.04 ... What version do you have ...

but it would work but run like crap so i had to dl the driver and do the whole terminal thing.

It works now thats all that matters.

Comment

ok cool lot of work but ubuntu is cool , do you have compiz ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
            ok cool lot of work but ubuntu is cool , do you have compiz ?
            na whats that?

Comment

I don't know much about Linux. Are you guys using it on your PCs in addition to Windows?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by IAmTheNight View Post
                I don't know much about Linux. Are you guys using it on your PCs in addition to Windows?
                yes i have a HDD dedicated to Vista and one for Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
                X