rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rant

after 4 hours and of hurting my hands and stubborn bolts and shitty motor mount that didn't want to get out of the way, i ended up installing the dc header....
    then i found out the oem gaskets from honda are not thick enought. they don't stick out of their places, you know as a gasket should.... shit the old ones that came with the header sticked out more than the new one.

after that the 1 of the 3 holes on the downpipe/header didn't want to align properly. 2 hours pass with that shit....

finally after that everything is done. i torque them down properly etc etc etc...
    i go for a ride and guess what. i have a fucking exhaust leak some where.

it does it every time i am on 2 or 3rd gear and try to accelerate. i mean for the first time in my life with the cb7(and i have two) i thought of just selling it and get it over with...

why the fuck things made specific for a car don't have to work properly?

ps does anyone know where i can find O ring gaskets for dc header????

the oem from honda looked too thin.... the old ones from the previous were a little thicker...
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

The thicker gaskets are aftermarket, and are often used with aftermarket manifolds, due to the fact that, the aftermarket manufactures, don't machine their parts to the standard that honda does (Which is why OEM gasket is thin)
    Any parts shop can sell you a new gasket which will be thicker than oem

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

bleh i bought a HS header for my nissan and it didnt bring any gaskets. i ended up buying an OEM gasket and adding gasket sealer to it and it worked wonders. never had a leak for 3 years. my friend had come by with his sentra with a exhaust leak, told him what to do, and it worked for him

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

yes just use a sealant, or go to jegs.com or call them. they have all kinds of stuff.

try vibrant also

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

i think the leak its at the header/downpipe flange. that was a bitch to put on....

i used that high temp copper silicone but i don't think it will withstand the heat at that flange.

its either that or while trying to put those 3 bolts, i probably fucked up the silicone from the flange.

uhhhh i am so pissed off.....

Comment

ok so i took a look at the flanges. there is copper silicone sticking out of the flanges on both places. now i think the leak is coming from dp/cat flange. i can see the silicone sticking out there too. its funny because i can hear the leak only when torque is needed from the engine.(if you know what i mean)

and i did torque the bolt to 40 lb-ft

Comment

sounds like egay header syndrom i have it and i put hightemp silicon sealent on the header to dp flange and that didnt hold that well need to find a make your own gasket with

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

just found this kinda high but solution to your prob. if egay headers leaking.
                http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy%26%23039...66015/10002/-1

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                  just found this kinda high but solution to your prob. if egay headers leaking.
                  http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy%26%23039...66015/10002/-1
                  its not a e *** header. its dc sports. they use the O ring gaskets. but the ones that dc uses are thicker than oem.

Comment

Working...
                  X