Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ, Old People and politics are like teenagers in high school.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

McCain doesn't have to know what he's talking about.

He'll be our next president the same way Bush got into office. Money and dirty politics.

It's a shame we're not a democracy

edit: MadSpleen, great way of taking a BOOK out of context!!! You might actually convince some people that McCain is a good person!!!
      If you honestly think McCain is fit for the job, then I suggest you look deeper into things. The republican way of politics is NOTHING but greed, war, and big government... regardless of what that old freak says.
      Last edited by Phempa; 10-13-2008, 03:18 AM.

Comment

This is going to be a serious problem when he gets elected. These people are extreme.
        Edit: anyone else laugh when they saw the epic fail sign with sarah palin? lol
        Last edited by F22HB; 10-13-2008, 03:34 AM.

Comment

vote obama for man kind
          Blake.
          1994 Accord Part out!
          Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
            MadSpleen, great way of taking a BOOK out of context!!! You might actually convince some people that McCain is a good person!!!
            If you honestly think McCain is fit for the job, then I suggest you look deeper into things. The republican way of politics is NOTHING but greed, war, and big government... regardless of what that old freak says.
            Do explain how I am "taking a BOOK out of context!!!" I simply quoted directly from HIS book, HIS words, I did nothing but type them in as they appear in the book.

As for McCain being "fit for the job." What do you consider "fit for the job" and how do you figure Obama is more "fit" than McCain?

Republicans are about "big government"? Really? Have you looked at the road our country has turned onto since the Democrats took over congress?

Comment

They're both fit for the job. One just has different views than the other. It really isn't about which is fit or not. Different can be said about the vp's.

Comment

All I can say to this thread is rolleyes, facepalm and angry

politics threads always start well and end horribly

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Ya, they usualy endup in a locked thread... even though nothing we say on here to eachother will sway an already decided voter.

Comment

McCain said in 2000:
                    "I hate the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live."

McCain has voted with Bush 90% of the time. Let's not forget, 99% of the decisions Bush has made have been extremely poor decisions. Name ONE good thing Bush has done for this country (and don't give me this "protects us from terrorists" bullshit. we should all know now that 9/11 was an inside job and/or could have been prevented)

McCain has the worst attendance record in the Senate. Missed 63.8% of recent votes, and when wasn't campaigning for president, still missed 9% of the votes. Number 5 on the worst attendance list.

McCain was unfaithful to his first wife. Cheated on her with a girl 17 years younger than him. This doesn't matter to me at all, but it SHOULD matter to those of you who still seem to think what Clinton did was a bad thing.

He has plagerized material in his autobiography from a speech by a U.N. Ambassador given during the Reagan administration.
                    In this same autobiography, McCain describes himself as someone with a bad temper. Do we really want someone in office who will just push the red button whenever he gets into a fight with his old lady?

He is mentally unstable. Being a prisoner of war can have a psychological effect of anyone. I'm just waiting for Obama to say the wrong word, and see McCain snap and call him a ******, or physically attack him. Would be pretty hard considering McCain cannot even turn his head.

McCain ownes at least 8 homes, each worth three quarters of a million dollars or more. Do you think he feels the economic pain the rest of the country is feeling just because maybe he has to sell one of his many houses?

this is a direct quote from another site:

While campaigning in Iowa in March 2007, McCain was asked if contraceptives helped stop the spread of HIV. McCain replied:
                    "You've stumped me... I'm not informed enough on it. Let me find out. You know, I'm sure I've taken a position on it on the past. I have to find out what my position was."

are you kidding me????? doesn't know what a condom is for?!?!? baka!!

McCain was deeply involved in the Keating Five scandal. Paid for a few of his homes, I'm sure.

and as for Palin... she's under investigation for allegedly pressuring Alaska's Commissioner of Public Safety into terminating an Alaskan State Trooper because the trooper had just divorced Palin's sister. When the Commissioner refused, Palin fired the Commissioner and then the Trooper was terminated. A story was conjured up to cover their tracks, but the investigation continues.

As we all know, she also has a child with special needs. She is not fulfilling those needs because she is too busy campaigning with McCain.
                    As we should look to male presidents as our fathers, we should also look to female presidents (or VP's) as our mothers. If she doesn't seem fit to be a mother, she certainly isn't fit to make important decisions regarding the well-being of all Americans (and the world!)

Too much shady business in the red camp. The blue camp has it's flaws as well, but they are dwarfed by the intensity and ridiculousness of McCain and his people.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                      Seriously, I believe both "big" candidates are full of BS. McCain believes in war aggression, POW torture, and spying on American citizens and he will continue Bush's exploitation of our World-Power status to bully Iraq&Iran among other countries. McCain CLAIMS to be A Christian yet believes in torture, I'm a Christian and I will tell you that there are no two things that are more opposite! McCain will further remove our rights to privacy in the name of "National Security" BS. So McCain will just continue to kill our economy be pouring money into overseas American muscle flexing when our own country is what needs rebuilding.

Obama believes in centralized healthcare, is against the right to bear arms, and wants stupid tax breaks for people who don't deserve them. Healthcare is a lost cause in this country and there is no way our country has the wealth to 100% support the huge level of funding it would require. Tax breaks are just going to lessen the amount the government has to work off of and instead there needs to be serious research and study done into WHY our government is so inefficient. And let Washington DC be an example of what happens when firearms are outlawed--and lets watch and see what happens in the next 2-3 years after that ban was lifted this past year.

I don't want either one in office, they'll both waste wealth in areas that are hopelessly already lost. My vote will more than likely go to Bob Barr but it won't matter because there are too many stupid people in America.

Einstein once quoted: "the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results." Voting for either McCain or Obama shows that americans are insane according to Einstein!
                      wrong.
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                        Just to name a few...

Bill Ayers

Rev. Wright

Father Phleger and Louis Farrakhan

Just curious has anyone read or heard anything from either of Obama's Books?

Barack Obama's words from his book Dreams from My Father.

"It's just how white folks will do you. It wasn't just the cruelty involved, I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our better laughter. It was as if whites didn't know they were being cruel in the first place or at least thought you deserving of their scorn."

"The emotions between the races could never be pure. Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or our salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."

And last but certainly not least, 3.
                        "Black Nationalism provided that history. An unambiguous morality tale that was easily communicated and easily grasped: a steady attack on the White race, the constant recitation of black people's brutal experience in this country served as the ballast that could prevent the ideas of personal responsibility an ocean of despair. "Yes," the nationalists would say, "Whites are responsible for your sorry state, not any inherent flaws in you."
                        "In fact," the nationalists would continue, "whites are so heartless and devious that we can no longer expect anything from them." "In fact," the nationalists would continue, "whites are so heartless and devious that we can no longer expect anything from them.""Rid them for your mind and find your true power liberated. Rise up, ye mighty race!" All this was painful to consider. It's painful now as it had been years ago. It contradicted the morality my mother had taught me a morality of subtle distinctions between active malice and ignorance or indifference. I had a personal stake in that moral framework. I discovered that I couldn't escape it if I tried. As it turned out, though, it was questions of effectiveness and not sentiment that caused most of my quarrels with Rafiq [al-Shabazz, black nationalist]."

Anyother thought... Can anyone point me to one LIVE speech where Obama speaks like this? I do not mean this in any mean spirited way, I have just never heard him speak like this. I realize it is a book so all of his "UH's" and such have been taken out but still this does not seem to be the same speaker that we have all heard.
                        So, what's your point?

Have YOU read the books? (of course you haven't, which is why you took everything out of context)

Bill Ayers and Obama worked together on an Educational Policy board.

You didn't point out anything about the Keating 5 scandal...?? Why not?

Is that not legitimate? (not in your eyes)

So let me get this straight....Because Obama tried to help kids get education and help the poor, setting aside politics for policy, he's automatically a terrorist? Or will be sympathetic to their causes?

Has Obama supported 20+years of a deregulated market system?

Does Obama want to give a higher dividend tax cut to those who make the very most?

I fail to see your point. Everytime you try to make a point, it gets blurred with you making an accusation, and never helping your chosen candidate with valid points on policy.

Are you voting for policy or principle?
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Voting for ANYONE is a waste of time. Individual votes do not count in the election for president, only the electoral college matters. The electoral college is full of politicians who are swayed easily by bribes. Whichever candidate pays more gets that vote. Republicans tend to have more disposable income than democrats, so it's almost guaranteed McCain will be our next president.

Anyone with enough money can be president of the United States.

Oh, and has anyone mentioned on here that the Iraq war is THE FIRST war in the history of the United States that has not boosted the economy, but actually crashed it? Maybe it's the $12B+ we're wasting over there every month.
                          Bring the troops home, save money, save lives, save our country!
                          Last edited by Phempa; 10-13-2008, 08:47 AM.

Comment

another cute little fact.

Obama's official youtube channel has four times the subscribers, and nine times the views when compared to McCain's channel. It's kind of an indication of the peoples interests. Will this matter when the polls are closed? No.
                            The election will be "very close", but McCain will ultimately win it.
                            Rerun of Bush vs. Kerry?

Comment

just now watched that "McCain defends Obama" video.

It was noble of him to disagree with his own supporter on the issue, and defend his opponent, but it would have been undoubtedly catastrophic to his campaign if he were to answer in any other fashion.

I'm willing to bet many of the questions and scenarios we see in this type of campaign forum are planned and staged. McCain probably got some small boost from the blue side for answering it the way he did. Good strategy.

If it wasn't planned, then McCain sure has some ignorant supporters!! (which we already know)

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                                voting or not, im working the elections on the 4th so at least im putting in my commitment. im really not too sure who to vote for either but then again i havent done my research. i just want to get paid my 60 bucks
                                ah, yes. the problem with America becomes crystal clear.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                                X