RANT: Ticket for RS-R Exhaust noise? X(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends on the cop really

i got pulled over for "modified exhaust" and he told me that im not supposed to modify the exhaust at all

i told him my exhaust was legal and he said "no aftermarket exhaust is legal"

i asked him if he wanted to see my paper work/certification. he agreed and after reading it he let me go.

But some cops are straight up asswipes. i know some areas they pull you over and still write you a ticket even if you had 50 state legal exhaust.

Comment

Don't trip. I got pulled over too. I have the WS2.
      Raceline USA

Comment

on a side note... it really pisses me off when you hear a cruiser/Harley davidson shaking a whole city block.

noise is noise weather your car is a classic, collectors vehicle or not.

Comment

technically it is straight through since you can see straight thru it

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
            since there are perforations in the air passage way leading to a chamber filled with noise dampening material, the RS*R I think is a chambered muffler.

this muffler is a chambered, although the exhaust gasses have a straight path.

I am just not happy that there is a lack of agreement in terms of an exhaust law.

I've spoken with two officers today and both tell me that the ticket "is up to the officer's discretion" which basically means this objective ticket is given based on the subjective analysis of the officer: not a very useful law.
            DEVOTE

Comment

Originally Posted by Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta...es_90h08_e.htm
              Muffler
              75. (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1).

What's a "hollywood muffler"?
              Is that their term for "fart cannon"?

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post
                since there are perforations in the air passage way leading to a chamber filled with noise dampening material, the RS*R I think is a chambered muffler.

I am just not happy that there is a lack of agreement in terms of an exhaust law.

I've spoken with two officers today and both tell me that the ticket "is up to the officer's discretion" which basically means this objective ticket is given based on the subjective analysis of the officer: not a very useful law.
                I'd go to court and basically say that the old muffler had rotted away and you needed to get a replacement one. since the dealership charges an outrageous amount for a replacement you looked through the aftermarket and found the gem of RS*R's lineup. it just happens to be one of the quietest aftermarket exhausts out on the market today
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                  Originally posted by lokuputha View Post

The ExMag is chambered, not straight-through.
                  Raceline USA

Comment

that sucks.

ive been pulled over with my apexi world sport for christ sakes. and i told the guy listen this is the quietest exhaust there is. bikes are way louder. why hassle me. and he just gave me a warning.

been pulled over in my civic for loud exhaust my greddy sp2 which is also quiet.

MA sucks. this is why i need to reg my car in NH dammit

Comment

V's car is ANYTHING but loud... Like, its NICE, especially at 6K in 3rd gear.... but its NOT loud. My magnaslow equipped 400K F22A4 is louder, and I dont catch heat with it.

BS tickets FTL...

No wait... Ive changed my mind..... It IS TOO LOUD, you should get rid of it IMMEDIATLY.. I can assist you with it if needed... just cause Im a nice guy.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                      dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

tell you what ill ship you my ex exhaust and buy your rsr and no more problems
                        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
                          The ExMag is chambered, not straight-through.
                          Does the exhaust flow from one chamber to another? (Chambered)
                          Does the can you see straight through the muffler? (Straight Through)

It can't be both.
                          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB View Post

It can't be both.
                            I should be able to solve this by Monday, I am going to get a hold of a Ben from RS*R regarding the design specifications of the muffler.
                            DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB View Post

It can't be both.
                              Like I said, the ExMag is chambered, not straight-through.
                              Raceline USA

Comment

rs*r's arent loud.

fight it in court.

get the db's measured, then compare that number with the city limit.

bring it to court.

zing!

Comment

Working...
                                X