RANT: Ticket for RS-R Exhaust noise? X(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RANT: Ticket for RS-R Exhaust noise? X(

So, my brother managed to pick up a ticket for the RS-R exhaust being too loud?

WTF?

I personally went to the police station last year to make sure my exhaust system wasn't loud, and they all said they couldn't even hear it.

now this? I wonder how fast he was driving...

anyone with RS-R Exmag get cited for a loud exhaust?

Last edited by lokuputha; 11-21-2008, 04:05 AM.
    DEVOTE

Thats messed up , i heard that these have a nice deep sound , but nothing overly loud
    93 accord Black 10th Anniversary (REBUILD)
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125009

1992 Accord Lx Frost White - SOLD
    1993 Accord Se Coupe - Totaled
    1992 Accord Ex Sedan 5 speed - SOLD
    1992 Accord Lx Coupe - SOLD
    1990 Accord Ex Sedan 5 Speed - Daily Driver
    1993 Accord 10th Anniversary - STOLEN (REBUILD)

Comment

That's hogwash...RS*R is not loud at all. A local CB7 here (Maryland) has one on his H22 setup and whether sitting or even when you dig into it, it hardly "loud".

Are you going to dispute the charge? Or is it even worth it up there?
      RETIRED...

Comment

that is the thing....the loud exhaust claim is not sound, no pun intended!

there were about 5 officers that said the exhaust system is quite.

I hear louder diesel cars that my RS-R; buses, trucks, my van....all louder!

I think I will get the exhaust tested and approved; it will pass with flying colors. Any Canadians know where I can do this?

I will dispute the charges, the ticket is almost $200!

Maybe my brother looks like a street racer?
        DEVOTE

Comment

he pulled you over cause it looks loud.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
            that pisses me off...I am taking this all the way. I'll keep this thread updated.
            DEVOTE

Comment

fight the power!
              峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

yup

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

keep us informed.
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

its under the discretion of the officer that pulls you over what is loud. Make sure you dont have any leaks or there were other cars nearby that the officer could have mistaken you for. This happened to me last month. I would have got it in writing or some kind of documentation when you did go to the cop station...and keep a copy in your glovebox. best of luck. I think your bro had it WOT lol...even then though it would only be emitting a real classy noise

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

that doesn't look very loud...does it...

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                      its under the discretion of the officer that pulls you over what is loud. Make sure you dont have any leaks or there were other cars nearby that the officer could have mistaken you for. This happened to me last month. I would have got it in writing or some kind of documentation when you did go to the cop station...and keep a copy in your glovebox. best of luck. I think your bro had it WOT lol...even then though it would only be emitting a real classy noise
                      classy noise indeed...at the police station, the officers actually told me they liked my exhaust...and then went on to rant about how they hate riced out Cavaliers
                      Last edited by lokuputha; 11-21-2008, 04:06 AM.
                      DEVOTE

Comment

so im guessing they took away the ticket or dropped it to a fix it?

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha View Post

Maybe my brother looks like a street racer?
                          n??? hardly lol!

i would never think of either of you as tuners even!

you guys look like good guys, heading to school

it just happens to be your car that gets you to school is gutted and has motor swap

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Thats their way of saying its not factory,therefore illegal.Thats how they can get away with it,whats your exhaust laws.
                            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                              Thats their way of saying its not factory,therefore illegal.Thats how they can get away with it,whats your exhaust laws.
                              yeah the law is very lazy here and I am going to give it a kick in the ass...hopefully.

this is the only law I can find regarding mufflers>

Originally posted by Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta...es_90h08_e.htm
                              Muffler
                              75. (1) Every motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle shall be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device upon a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (1).
                              the RS*R is neither of the above illegal muffler systems.
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X