Not even a week w/ my H22 and I got a ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even a week w/ my H22 and I got a ticket

fuck, i guess i deserved it. I was running late for class so I kinda took off quick from a stop sign and I guess this motorcycle cop was lurking on the corner. My radar detector went off too, but when he followed me at first he didn't flip his radar on, and I didn't want to make it obvious that I was speeding by braking rapidly so i just let it coast down.

When he turned his radar on, I guess I was going 62 in a 45. Man I've had my H22 for a total of 5, yes FIVE days and already got a ticket. I just hope I can take a Defensive driving school. The fine for the ticket is $260 and prob. 3 pts on my record, even that stupid DD class is $175 what a rip off. I remember when it used to be 50 bucks.

This sucks, I had avoided tickets for almost 2 yrs but I guess it came to bite me now.

End rant.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Welcome to vtak.

/got a ticket 3 days after swap....and another 4 days after that...
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

new motors get u tickets

after my motor swap i took it for a drive
      revd it all the way in 1rst and jumped to 3rd

the bitch pulled me over 35 in a 25

how's the h feeling?
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

every single person that i know that does an h22 swap, i always tell them, expect a ticket within the first week.

always happens, without fail..

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Classic.

Comment

I feel left out now. I haven't had a ticket, only one warning.

I must be doing something wrong.

Or maybe I should knock on wood...<knock>...<knock>...<knock>

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
              I feel left out now. I haven't had a ticket, only one warning.

I must be doing something wrong.

Or maybe I should knock on wood...<knock>...<knock>...<knock>
              Lucky son of a.... but now that youve said that..its only a matter of time.
              To-Do List for Today
              Be Awesome

Comment

I hate cops. I got a 6 pt ticket for accidently barking 2nd in my H23a wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  every single person that i know that does an h22 swap, i always tell them, expect a ticket within the first week.

Damn, maybe I'll save up fpr the engine plus an extra $300 or so for the first ticket before actually purchasing the H22!
                  South Texas M_thaf_cka, that's where I stay!

Check out my Frost White CB
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=SpdJnky93

Comment

First day I got my Foxbody finished, took it down the street. Lived on a private road at the time and came out of the neighborhood onto a main street. Nobody around except a fuckin cop in behind the bushes/trees. Ripped ass and he tagged me at 80 in a 25. Didn't give me a ticket, he said he would have if he didn't like Mustangs. Told me to be more careful...I told him I was just running it to see if it needed to be tuned or anything.
                    VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      fuck, i guess i deserved it. I was running late for class so I kinda took off quick from a stop sign and I guess this motorcycle cop was lurking on the corner. My radar detector went off too, but when he followed me at first he didn't flip his radar on, and I didn't want to make it obvious that I was speeding by braking rapidly so i just let it coast down.

When he turned his radar on, I guess I was going 62 in a 45. Man I've had my H22 for a total of 5, yes FIVE days and already got a ticket. I just hope I can take a Defensive driving school. The fine for the ticket is $260 and prob. 3 pts on my record, even that stupid DD class is $175 what a rip off. I remember when it used to be 50 bucks.

This sucks, I had avoided tickets for almost 2 yrs but I guess it came to bite me now.

End rant.
                      LOL! You were the one speeding...

If you have had DD school in the last 24 months, then you can't take it again. Hopefully, you can take it, because $175 and no points is better than $260 and points.

Of course, you can always elect to fight it, and hope that the cop doesn't show up to court too. But I doubt that.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post

LOL! I never got one. I got bent valves instead. The ticket would have been cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                          new motors get u tickets

after my motor swap i took it for a drive
                          revd it all the way in 1rst and jumped to 3rd

the bitch pulled me over 35 in a 25

how's the h feeling?
                          OH man! its awesome! I can keep it in VTEC if I hold first til redline, so it shifts at like 7500 and drops down to 5100 or so. VTEC on my AUTO H22 kicks in at 5K. But yeah, it bites, but there's really nothing I can do to fight it. I know I was hauling ass. Prob. doing about 70 or so, b/c I reached the top of second gear and right when I did that, I saw a motorcycle moving rapidly toward me, before I knew it I could make out "GILBERT POLICE" on the front of his Honda bike it looked like. He was a nice cop, but given my record, even I would give myself a ticket. No amount of excuses I could've made up at that time would've got me outta it. PERIOD. When does all this shit go away anyways? is it 5 years? Whatever, at least all I'm out is $175 and not my license this time.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

OH man! its awesome! I can keep it in VTEC if I hold first til redline, so it shifts at like 7500 and drops down to 5100 or so. VTEC on my AUTO H22 kicks in at 5K. But yeah, it bites, but there's really nothing I can do to fight it. I know I was hauling ass. Prob. doing about 70 or so, b/c I reached the top of second gear and right when I did that, I saw a motorcycle moving rapidly toward me, before I knew it I could make out "GILBERT POLICE" on the front of his Honda bike it looked like. He was a nice cop, but given my record, even I would give myself a ticket. No amount of excuses I could've made up at that time would've got me outta it. PERIOD. When does all this shit go away anyways? is it 5 years? Whatever, at least all I'm out is $175 and not my license this time.
                            I think it depends on the severity of the ticket i.e. what level of felony it was. But I THINK some drop off after 7 years, and some are longer.

Comment

I was going 62 in a 45.
                              That sucks.

At least you didn't get one for 65mph.
                              20mph over the speed limit here is an instant suspension of your licence.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X