Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who drives the blue accord, spongebob themed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow another rice god thread. In other words, just haters congregating. HATERS!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      @ Rota being "JDM"
      there not?

why are the such a "must have" for JDM ppl?

Comment

the man has my respect too, however by all standards, that car is and should be considered rice. it fits most of the criteria. not that that is a bad thing. he did his thing and it worked for him..... most people wouldnt have the balls to roll to a car show in something like that. however just because u know the guy doesnt make it not rice. its fits almost every stereotype of rice.

oh and its dope he is keeping the theme because his kid loves it. a lot of fathers would kill to have something like that to share with their kids....

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
          there not?

why are the such a "must have" for JDM ppl?
          Rota wheels are knockoffs of more expensive models. They are made in Singapore, and sold directly in the US.

Slipstream = Spoon SW388
          J Mags = Mugen M7
          Grid = Volk TE37
          D2 = Work Meister S1

And the list goes on and on. They don't have a single design, they are not made in Japan, and they are not sold exclusively in Japan. If you were to buy a set of Rota wheels IN Japan, then technically they ARE JDM...

Comment

Rota wheels are knockoffs of more expensive models. They are made in Singapore, and sold directly in the US.

Slipstream = Spoon SW388
            J Mags = Mugen M7
            Grid = Volk TE37
            D2 = Work Meister S1

And the list goes on and on. They don't have a single design, they are not made in Japan, and they are not sold exclusively in Japan. If you were to buy a set of Rota wheels IN Japan, then technically they ARE JDM...
            i thought rota were Filipino?

EDIT: yea they are
            Rota Wheels is the premier lineup of Philippine Aluminum Wheels Inc., the leading alloy wheel manufacturer in the Philippines.
            thats from their site

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I forgot where they were from... Singapore was from a rushed Google search

But yes, they are from a place that is not well known for making high quality automotive parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                i thought rota were Filipino?

EDIT: yea they are
                Rota Wheels is the premier lineup of Philippine Aluminum Wheels Inc., the leading alloy wheel manufacturer in the Philippines.
                thats from their site
                100% correct. i went to the manufacturing plant myself.

Comment

captain planet.

Comment

are you ready kids? AYE AYE CAPTAIN ! I CANT HERE YOU! AYE AYE CAPTAIN!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH who lives in a pineapple under the sea! sponge bob square pants!
                    Blake.
                    1994 Accord Part out!
                    Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=135727

Comment

I'm glad everyone is feeling high and mighty.

I've seen a few ricer threads posted on this site. No one has a problem calling out rice when they see those.

By stereotypes this car is rice. Liking the guy or not liking the guy is not the point.

Personally I think the car is disgusting. But he knows a lot of people don't like it.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                          I'm glad everyone is feeling high and mighty.

I've seen a few ricer threads posted on this site. No one has a problem calling out rice when they see those.

By stereotypes this car is rice. Liking the guy or not liking the guy is not the point.

Personally I think the car is disgusting. But he knows a lot of people don't like it.
                          That's why you rarely see me calling rice. If someone does what they want, and what they like, it's good by me. If I don't like it, that's fine. As long as they aren't doing it to my car, that's all that matters.

There are very few things done to doughboy's car that I'd want on my own... but on his car, I can appreciate it.

Comment

I forgot where they were from... Singapore was from a rushed Google search

But yes, they are from a place that is not well known for making high quality automotive parts.
                            haha honestly i think it depends on the wheel. i have yet to see any subzeros go boom

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I've only heard of a few cases where any Rotas have failed. Or any wheels, for that matter.

For most people, who drive normally and don't push their cars to the limit, they will never fail. When you abuse wheels, they break, bend, and otherwise sustain damage. I had a set of egg-shaped BBS RX wheels. High quality, and so damaged from however they were abused that they were useless. I sold 5 for the price of one new one... with tires. I hope the new owner straightened them out and made good use of them!

Comment

I laugh about how many people consider doughboy's car "rice". It's not. It's customized. Rice is all about putting things on the car to make it look faster than it really is. I don't think any of us would say his looks fast. (Nothing personal, it just doesn't look fast)

Most of the people that would consider this rice aren't old enough to remember or haven't looked back through time and seen what guys used to do to modify a car. Find some car mags from the 60s and 70s. Murals, swapped body pieces, chops, shaves, frenched lights and antennas, hell guys used to widen cars by cutting them down the middle and welding in fill pieces.

I think he's done a fantastic job on that car, but I don't consider it rice. When I first saw it, my first thought was "A Nick sponsored car? How do you swing that deal?" After getting to know the guy a little bit, I 've got crazy respect for him and his whip. He's put a lot of time, love and some money into the car, he's proud of it and he doesn't give a shit what you, I or the haters think. It would be interesting to see what the guys that had bad comments are driving. I'm betting there are some cut or heated springs, a few fartcans on stock pipes, a couple of 5 inch tachs in the mix.

...I had a set of egg-shaped BBS RX wheels. High quality, and so damaged from however they were abused that they were useless. I sold 5 for the price of one new one... with tires. I hope the new owner straightened them out and made good use of them!

@ the image of that car wobbling down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X