Pics of my *hopefully* next car... BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of my *hopefully* next car... BMW

Well, here it is. It's a 1991 325i. 5 speed manual, 4 doors. I absolutely love the oldschool look. But it has a fully built head, cammed, new bearings in the bottom end. H&R springs on Tokico Gas shocks, chrome rims. New clutch, flywheel, driveshaft and yoke, rebuilt transmission, and everything came straight from BMW, or other respected german parts manufacturers to my understanding. He took me for a ride in it, and man, what a fun little car. Easy to get sideways, but easy to control.

Problems: Rear bumper cover needs replaced (I can get one for $50), tail light has a chip in it (ebay, next to nothing), missing chrome trim on passenger side (ebay, next to nothing). Right rear window won't go down (short somewhere, I should be able to fix that myself), and the left rear shock is blown, but he has another and will replace it before I buy it.

Obviously, it's not perfect. He wants $3,500 for it. I've seen receipts that document over $6000 in engine work and parts. But for some reason I'm in love with it.

"This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Oh shit man thats sik.

Needs some TLC and i hate the wheels but thats a smooth ride.

How is this going to be for your back?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
      Oh shit man thats sik.

Needs some TLC and i hate the wheels but thats a smooth ride.

How is this going to be for your back?
      Honestly, my back is A OK 95% of the time. And it doesn't ride any harsher than my trucks prehistoric suspension, so I should be alright. You don't like those rims??!?!?! I LOVE THEM!! haha.

Yeah, I don't mind giving it some attention, because for that money, you won't find better around here. Plus I will have another car now so I can keep racing. I already payed my club dues, I'd hate for that to have been a waste!
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

are those the ones where people take the flushies from and put them on our accords?

i like it.

*edit- reading owns me.

Comment

doesnt dave also have one of those?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            doesnt dave also have one of those?
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              are those the ones where people take the flushies from and put them on our accords?

i like it.

*edit- reading owns me.
              Yeah, haha.

Comment

The rims gotta go.
                wat?

Comment

HATERS!!

I just love the rims on it. I think they are fantastic.

Forgot to mention it is chipped as well.

Comment

bottlecaps,slam it

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Low enough, lol. I don't want to change a thing, just get the body back to oem specs, then the BMW stripes on the fender, and a BMW shift boot. I love it how it is.

Comment

Forgot to mention, I'm only paying $3,500 for it. It's got twice that in engine work alone.

Comment

Was it repainted at sometime?
                          The front bumper isn't sitting flush?
                          Accidents?

I actually have all the parts you need, Tail lights, bumper trim etc. =D
                          I could let them go for cheap, as I don't need them.

Other than that, looks decent. 3500 is a quite a bit of moolah, can probably find a decent e36 for that?

I'd offer 2700 and move from there if possible

Goodluck, hope it's everything you want. My e30 was definitely one of the funnest cars I had.

Comment

I like the rims

they remind me of the older M3 wheels.

How many miles are on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                              Was it repainted at sometime?
                              The front bumper isn't sitting flush?
                              Accidents?

I actually have all the parts you need, Tail lights, bumper trim etc. =D
                              I could let them go for cheap, as I don't need them.

Other than that, looks decent. 3500 is a quite a bit of moolah, can probably find a decent e36 for that?

I'd offer 2700 and move from there if possible

Goodluck, hope it's everything you want. My e30 was definitely one of the funnest cars I had.
                              you have PM!!

Comment

Working...
                              X