How much to ship a WHOLE JDM CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much to ship a WHOLE JDM CB7?

Not to drive or anything... just for parts. Even if it doesn't run.

I wonder how much it would cost to ship an entire car, even if it's from a junkyard.

Someday I want to do that I could do the RHD conversion, get all the cool goodies like fogs, intersection lights, bumper pole (depending on what options were installed...) Plus those slightly different body panels. I can keep my car roughly the same, so it wouldn't need to pass any sort of crash test data. It would still be the same car, therefore legal.

So, does anyone think it's possible? I know a container costs like $1000 for shipping. I would need to pay for the car, and the charges for getting it to and on the ship.

my dads boss got a car shipped from japan to the us for $5,000. he got a toyota wagon of some sort though. this was back in 1998 so prices may have changed. that included everything. car didnt run but came with egnine and all. i might have pics of it lemme check.oh ya car costed him $1500 so whatevers left over would be shipping.

Comment

Wow... so $3500 for shipping...

I wonder what having a connection would do. I know that there are some people on here who are in good with people over there...

And by "body panels" above, I meant "body parts" like the bumpers and stuff.

Comment

yeah i forget what it was but there was something that cost alittle but of cash to besides shipping. i know getting it to the boat and off cost too so shipping is actually a little less. but that doesnt seem like to bad of a price. it was rhd and all. motor was junk. plus he knew some guys over there because the company he works for travels over there to deliver custom built shit. so i dont know if he had a hook up or not. probably not because that price seems likea resaonable price. he may of got a hookup on the car but def not shipping. oh ya car was rust free.

Comment

oh by the way deever, whenu get the car u have to change a lot of things to make it legal here in the us. i found a list of things awhile back and saved them to my comp. heres a list of things u gotta do to make it approved in america...lol. i didnt make this up i found it on a site a long time ago cause i was also curious about doing this.

Okay, now this does not mean that you dont need the crash test results but here are some (or all?) of the requirements that the DOT says you have to follow in order to bring a JDM car over here.

1) Remove and replace the speedometer
          2) Install a warning light with the word "BRAKE" into the speedometer
          3) Replace headlight assemblies with DOT certified lights
          4) Install a high mounting, third brake light
          5) Modify/Replace door locks with US certified door locks
          6) Install a tire information label
          7) Replace the passenger side mirror to reflect "OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR"
          8) Install a seat belt & key warning buzzer
          9) Install door beams into the doors to comply with side impact protection regulations (FMVSS-214)
          10) Install a rollover valve
          11) Install engraved VIN (vehicle identification number)
          plate
          12) Install VIN location label
          13) Install a certification label
          14) Remove and document bumpers
          15) If necessary, modify and reinforce bumpers to comply with US federal bumper standards (FMVSS-581)
          16) Determine if there are any outstanding recalls on this vehicle
          17) Remedy all outstanding recalls
          18) Submit a compliance package to the DOT, documenting with photographs all the modifications performed to bring the vehicle into compliance with all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. now this might not be just for accords but most vehicles.

Comment

http://www.batfa.com/offerofweek-accord92.html

Thanks AccordWarrior

That car is $900 to ship according to that site. I'm sure customs would cost... and whatever applicable taxes. I wonder if they would let it in the country...

Comment

damn thats cheap. im sure you will find many differnt prices. but if it stays under $5000 for the purchase of the car and shipping and taxes thats not 2 bad. imo.

Comment

i know that if u get a 3 car container its about $2000. but this is to ship back to europe. italy germany and africa. i don't know how much from japan. it should be the same.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I read that a container was $1000 on japan-partner.com (a great place to find cars for sale).

The site that the car posted above is on lists shipping to the US as $900.

I know it requires crash test data, smog legalization, and lots of other stuff to make a car drivable. However, if I wasn't planning on driving the car (meaning I don't need to legalize it for anything) I don't see how it could be that much.

Comment

why are u guys doing this?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

were not lol just wishing we could. cant we dream? lol. just imagine a fully loaded jdm accord rhd and all. ahhhh the thought of being so differant never felt so good................than reality kicks in.

Comment

oh man, if i was gonna import an accord

or this bundle...http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=160
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If I could import a car and have it legal, I would import ANY Skyline... The problems with importing are the things 91accord4door listed above. SO many things to convert! Plsu there's crash test data, emissions, etc...

I want to import a JDM CB7 and change as many subtle (and not so subtle) things onto my car... Make it RHD, take that slightly different bumper, gauge cluster... anything that is different from USDM would go on my car. Just for fun. MY car is still legal. The registered VIN number is legal. I can make it as JDM as I want and I don't think they can mess with me

Comment

[ MY car is still legal. The registered VIN number is legal. I can make it as JDM as I want and I don't think they can mess with me [/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

well i went to this place in paterson nj close to where i live and its a warehouse of japanese motors.

they had 2 eg6s for sale jdm i mean jdm rhd b16 everything and they were selling it for $5000 they also had the FD rhd i dont know how much that one was but i know it was for sale. so i asked him how much would it be for a front clip of a cb7 and he said $1400 for me. that wasnt that bad.

next time i will go i will ask how much for the whole car and tell u guys.

mauricio

Comment

Working...
                              X