Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Spray Paint for Intercooler Piping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Spray Paint for Intercooler Piping?

So yeah I'm reboosting within 2 weeks i'm hoping and well I want to paint my charge pipes. What's the best paint to use for this ( I dont want chipping)

I was thinking that truck bed liner but i'm not sure if the connectors will hold up to that?

I want something like flat black, NOT shiny.

Send me a picture, or find me the stuff online. as I need to get this ball on the road

Get em powdercoated.

Comment

a bunch of coats of BBQ paint flat black. I had minimal chipping on my wheels over the past year and a half

Comment

wrinkle black high heat enamel would look badass

Comment

thanks

Comment

sorry to bring this back up, but how much would this affect intake air temperature? would it be anything noticeable?

Comment

if you want spray paint to be more resilient bake it in the oven for how long it tells you on the back of the can

that will make it better for chip resistance
              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                sorry to bring this back up, but how much would this affect intake air temperature? would it be anything noticeable?
                sport compact car when they were still around did an article on this and it showed a very minimal loss, so small it's safe to say it didn't affect anything.

Comment

i thought it wasnt safe to paint ur intercooler piping/intercooler because it insulates it..? mayb its just the intercooler?

the beast : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137926

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                    sport compact car when they were still around did an article on this and it showed a very minimal loss, so small it's safe to say it didn't affect anything.
                    cool, I am going to do a light coat on the pipes that are visible in the front as well as the intercooler, people are gonna have no idea now

Comment

Working...
                    X