First trophy for the coupe!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First trophy for the coupe!!

Not that big a deal, really, there were only three eligible imports at the show. There were others, but some of them belonged to the host club and a couple left before they handed out awards. It's sort of like winning by default. I'll take it though, because I felt I could have beaten a couple of those club cars.

I got beat out by a boosted Civic with Dual brand subs in a store bought bandpass, a kit and a big vinyl on the side.
    Third place was Sobeman81 in his Lexus IS300.

hahaha nice! i forgot sho was rolling out there yesterday.... sounds like he had a good time lol. nice trophy man!

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

congrats on the default win

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Congrats man!

At least you weren't the only import present (which would make 2nd place really sad... )

Comment

YAY! i got third place for a stock ass IS300 Sportcross. LOL, good thing Tom and i decided to go get it washed and enter, otherwise it would've been Ricer joe with his civic and John.

Comment

Congrats guys. A trophy is a trophy.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

congrats man,now all you need is another 150+ and you'll be there with me
              BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

a win is a win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81 View Post
                  YAY! i got third place for a stock ass IS300 Sportcross. LOL, good thing Tom and i decided to go get it washed and enter, otherwise it would've been Ricer joe with his civic and John.
                  You have a Sportcross? Awesome! I love those things!

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415 View Post
                    congrats man,now all you need is another 150+ and you'll be there with me
                    I don't get why people care about these trophies. You couldn't pay me to go near your car, who cares if it gets trophies. 99% of them are complete bullshit.

You make a car for yourself. If you think trophies are cool you're fooling yourself.

Sorry to shit on your parade I just REALLY don't get it. I'm not trying to attack you I'm just saying in general.
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                      I don't get why people care about these trophies. You couldn't pay me to go near your car, who cares if it gets trophies. 99% of them are complete bullshit.

You make a car for yourself. If you think trophies are cool you're fooling yourself.

Sorry to shit on your parade I just REALLY don't get it. I'm not trying to attack you I'm just saying in general.
                      Don't be hatin'

It's recognition of the work you've done. It's nothing that I personally strive for, but, if I show and get one, it's cool by me! I show the coupe because I'm proud of the work I've done, and as an enthusiast, I enjoy sharing it with other enthusiasts. Are you telling me you wouldn't feel some pride if your car won a trophy? You don't get a little mood boost when someone compliments your car? Trophies are just hard shiny compliments.

Comment

Nice trophy , congrates on the win.

That is one more then me.
                        My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

I used to get it in OHIO

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                          I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

great job jon
                            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                              Don't be hatin'

It's recognition of the work you've done. It's nothing that I personally strive for, but, if I show and get one, it's cool by me! I show the coupe because I'm proud of the work I've done, and as an enthusiast, I enjoy sharing it with other enthusiasts. Are you telling me you wouldn't feel some pride if your car won a trophy? You don't get a little mood boost when someone compliments your car? Trophies are just hard shiny compliments.
                              I'm not hatin' on you specifically. If anything I'm hating on doughboy.

I'd prefer compliments over trophies any day. Trophies are just given to cars because they have to fill categories. They can often be picked at random and really quickly. And in your case, given because there was no other options. To me this means nothing... shows are tight and I understand showing your cars to others. That's all well and good, just trophies mean absolutely NOTHING to me.

I dunno. These little car shows crack me up.
                              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X