Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything in the automotive field that makes 100K+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm fortunate with how my flat rate scale is... we're a true team flat rate, meaning 3 of us all pull hours together and split it three ways.. if i have a bad day, the other two guys usually have a decent day... our downfall is our writer... the fucking guy sucks and can't sell anything. not even an air filter or brake light.

if i was individual flat rate, i'd be fucked. don't become a tech.

Comment

R/D is where its at..

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
        i'm fortunate with how my flat rate scale is... we're a true team flat rate, meaning 3 of us all pull hours together and split it three ways.. if i have a bad day, the other two guys usually have a decent day... our downfall is our writer... the fucking guy sucks and can't sell anything. not even an air filter or brake light.

if i was individual flat rate, i'd be fucked. don't become a tech.
        Damn...that's a nice system. We had this one guy who was babied...they ALWAYS gave him gravey work...I don't know why. Guess they figured he wasn't bright enough to work the hard stuff. Any hoo would have been cool cause the other folks on his team got stuck with crap all the time and he flagged shit loads. This actually makes a lot of since the more I think about it.

OH MAN one of my last writers would always have his "war buddies" come in and ask us to do free stuff...ass. A cust. came in and wanted us to look the car over...I found a TON of crap it needed but I knew they didn't have the cash...thankfully their tranny fluid and oil was already done by the dad, but their e-brake wouldn't hold even on a flat surface I told him "If you sell ONE thing on this ticket...sell this...they are gonna pay 50 for the inspection...this brake job costs that much...so either way it's 50 for no work and insp. or 50 for brake job...and my wasted time looking at it...but they NEED the brake adjust" he couldn't sell it...cost them the SAME amount EITHER way...dude drove off with a non-functioning e-brake with his wife and kid in the car.

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
        R/D is where its at..
        so true
        ____

Comment

NASCAR mechanic or crew chief. Avgerage crew chief makes 250k and average mechanic makes roughly 100k. But thats only if you can get the job.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
          X