Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACCORDianate View Post
    Good job. Way to go.
    traffic on the main road by my house flows at 50 and the speed limit is 35 (dropped from 40).

Your saying this as if he's being a dangerous person, but you don't know the road or conditions, and Im sure you've speed that much over at some point in the last month. "If you don't have something nice to say, dont say it at all!"
    Last edited by Turbo Dave; 06-24-2009, 04:40 AM. Reason: :P
    ]

Comment

cut a plea deal pay them 500 to 600 and you wont get any points on your license . remember all they want is your money they could give a shit less about points. But you should because its a reflection of you money comes and goes your record and what other people see sticks to you like glue.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        cut a plea deal pay them 500 to 600 and you wont get any points on your license . remember all they want is your money they could give a shit less about points. But you should because its a reflection of you money comes and goes your record and what other people see sticks to you like glue.
        haha it's hard for a kid to do that, but someone rich i can see, i just dont think if turbomaxx went up there and was like "hey mr judge ill give you 500 of these here monopoly dollars if ya let me go" he would get away with it.
        ]

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
          Any tips for me, i'm only 16 and this is my first ticket. I was pulled last night for my reverse lights were on all the time. Fixed that though.
          Shouldn't that just be a fix-it ticket? You fix it and get any cop to sign off on it and the ticket is dropped.

Comment

I could afford to pay them off 600 if that would work, but its gonna make rent hell this month. I'd rather pay a lot less and just take a few points on my license.

And it's one of those "everyone speeds there" roads. It's right outside my apartment, and it's down hill, and it's really wide with 2 lanes per direction and a shared turning lane, so you feel like you aren't going fast. But I know that doesn't matter. Just know it's not like i was intentionally flying, just should have been paying more attention.

OK, so I now understand that I definately should go to court and try to get it dropped. Thanks guys, I've never been ticketed before so I didn't really know how this all worked.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate View Post
              Good job. Way to go.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

back here in Iowa. it's 5 dollars every mile your over. i got a 65 in a 55. 10 over. 50 dollars plus all the fee's they try to squeeze out of you. court fees. criminal. and tax?!

so it was like 74 dollar ticket for me the first time...it's been about couple months since i got the ticket.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

If you're trying to avoid points, don't plead guilty...don't just pay the fine. Go to court and plead Not Guilty or Nolo/No Contest. You can plead Not Guilty, have a trial and plea bargain (say you will attend traffic school) to get the speed lowered enough to not get any points on your record...may require more court visits. I plead Nolo when I went 16 over and just paid the fine ($168) with no points.

Some insurance companies do go by the points system...not sure if it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Dave View Post
                    haha it's hard for a kid to do that, but someone rich i can see, i just dont think if turbomaxx went up there and was like "hey mr judge ill give you 500 of these here monopoly dollars if ya let me go" he would get away with it.
                    You can also make a payment plan also. I pay $30 bucks every monday till my ticket is paid off. Same with my friend he pays $40 every monday. That why you have to go to court and make a deal with the prosecutor.

Comment

Originally posted by MenaceAccord92 View Post
                      Shouldn't that just be a fix-it ticket? You fix it and get any cop to sign off on it and the ticket is dropped.
                      For the light I just got a verbal warning. Yesterday I got a careless/wreckless driving ticket.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                      "The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Well, it dosent matter what everyone else paid, bc they are in different states.

VA is ANAL about this shit, so good luck.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Firstly, call you insurance company and ask them what the impact of 2-4 points is on your insurance premium. See if it's even worth fighting.

Usually in SC, if you show up to court and plead guilty, you get the points halfed and the fine reduced.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                            For the light I just got a verbal warning. Yesterday I got a careless/wreckless driving ticket.
                            Look into "Prayer for judgement continued".

Comment

In colorado its 10.00 for every mile an hour over you go, and at 20= mph the cop has the option to take you to jail until the manditory court hearing.

Comment

Working...
                              X