quickest ended job i had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quickest ended job i had

well i work at a&a auto parts for about a year and half. i love it there, but 7.61 hr aint helping it. but i dont understand i got paid 8.50 and didnt boost my accord till halfway into this job. so i guess i just needed to put my spending in place.

so fast forward it. 2 weeks ago i decided to quit and move on to this new job called Haulmark in McAdoo which is like 40 miles away from my house and 30-45 min drive to work everyday. They build car and trasport trailers there. and pay started out at 9 a hr then after 30 day review, if i got hired i was going to get paid somewhere around 15 or more depending on how many trailers i did.

So first week went well. Started learning but the guy that was training my was a total scum and dickweed. So he bitch if i did something wrong and shit.

So this week started ok then went downhill fast. he started bitching alot. told me i was slow and slowing him down. And told a supervisor that i did something wrong, supervisor bitches at me and i was like wtf, he didnt tell me not to do that, he told me after it was done. i was like wtf and ready to knock him the fuck out. i got really pissed.

Then later on in the day, my tooth started to hurt bad. i couldnt work as fast cus of the pain. i asked them for meds and no one had any. i worked 6 hrs in mad pain. i was like fuck this shit. even for 15 a hr, i wouldnt work here. so thursday i wake up in the morning (btw i have to wake up every day at 4:30, be at the kids how at 5 to pick him up and be at work at 6) i wake up with the toothache again, i was like fuck this i aint going to work.

so i tell the kid that i have to call them. i asked him (since hes been working there for 4 years) whats the number to call off, because the main office opens at 8 and i have to let them know at 6. wtf? hes like i dont know. im like fuck it, i aint going to come in.

later on in the day the kid calls me and says that they were pissed and said i have to bring in a doctors excuse to prove i had a toothache. i was like dude, i havent seen my doctor in 2 fuckin years, who am i supposed to go to? hes like what u mean you dont have a doctor, i was like dude i dont have insurance for the past 2 years! hes like you gotta make something up or else they will fire you. i was like fuck it, i aint doing shit and aint coming in.

so basicly to sum everything up, i dont belong in the factory jobs, i belong in the automotive industry, cus im good at it. so im going back to my old job till the end of the year then going to uti for college and hopeully land in a nice european car dealership.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Stay in it bud. one day you look back and it's all just a poor memory.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Factory jobs aint for people that complain about little things.

Got a back ache? Who cares, keep working. Hurt yourself on the job? Keep working bitch. You can definitely make bank at those places, but it takes lots of hard work. It's not called manual labor for no reason.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post

so basicly to sum everything up, i dont belong in the factory jobs, i belong in the automotive industry, cus im good at it. so im going back to my old job till the end of the year then going to uti for college and hopeully land in a nice european car dealership.
        UTI is a decent school but its not college. I graduated from UTI arizona campus and for how easy school was i was really surprised that out of my graduating class i was only 1 of 4 kids that graduated with honors and i was the only one that graduated with a 4.0, all certifications including ford fact program master certification, ASE, alldata, and about 15 other certifications.

I then was accepted into the AUDI academy which is a cool program and they guarantee 15$ an hour hourly as starting pay at any dealer you get put in.

at UTI attendance does count and i mean counts big time. teacher count minutes of class missed and its factored into your grade.

If i were to suggest a program to do it would be their auto/ford fact program and skip the diesel portion of it. some classes are pretty lame but definatly pay attention in electronics. its probably the only class thats really worth a shit. And definatly go for a manufacturer program and try to get into BMW. its really hard to get into but if you do those entry level techs make bank! second choice id go for audi.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          Factory jobs aint for people that complain about little things.

Got a back ache? Who cares, keep working. Hurt yourself on the job? Keep working bitch. You can definitely make bank at those places, but it takes lots of hard work. It's not called manual labor for no reason.
          yeah, Joser knows a lot about manual labor....

Anyway, work is work. It sucks unless you work for yourself. Period. You problem was more of circumstance than an actually bad job or work environment. That guys was being a dick, tell him to stop being a dick because people respond better to training when someone is easy to listen to. Pretty much, he stops being a dick and your work better. Win win situation.

The toothache thing sucks but sometimes you have to get over it. I have worked for 2 weeks with a giant hole in my tooth waiting to get it yanked.
          I have a picture of the tooth after i got it out. Its almost the size of a quarter with most of it missing on one side. That hurt. but you can push through it if you try.

Comment

construction is good if you don't have schooling. right now I make $40 an hour with only a highschool diploma doing architectural sheet metal.

Comment

damn bro sounds to me like you got pegged so he can keep his job. And he sucks up to the bosses ass. Are you in a union by any chance?

You can go file a grievance against the other guy whos complaining about you. Basically he was causing a (hostile unstable enviornment) for you which led to stress with fucked with you and gave you a tooth ache.

Now being that you didnt get a doctors note go tot he hospital and pay like 54 bucks for the note if you didnt have medical coverage and its times like this when im glad i have family in the medical field to wave the fee. You could have bagged his ass if you have a recording device.

Comment

good luck with the dealer thing. most arent hiring

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                  if anything since the economy is fucked they are trying to lower cars to get them gone out the lot and trying to downsize and look for reasons to fire peeps.

Comment

you have to get into a place that has good management because with those scumbag places, you just work with a bunch of scum bags.

work with someone that cares.

IE: my boss asked me why i was so tired by the end of my 4 hour shifts and i said it was because my feet hurt. so he willingly shelled out 200 bucks for a set of New Redwing work boots.

no complaint here
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Redwing boots ftw!

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                        They are hiring out of manufacturer programs because its cheaper for a dealer to fire a high overpaid old tech and take on two trainees which was the case at the dealer i was at.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I hated working factory jobs as well. I worked for a fabrication plant for about 6 months (night shift) and I finally got my own machine to operate, then they put me on some other material work. I was pissed. Turns out the material I was working with was made with ammonia and some other chemicals. It was getting into my skin and lungs (They didn't give us gloves or masks or anything). The first day I went home with nose bleeds, and the next day I started seeing blisters on my hands.. Woot. I went home the next day with blood coming from my tear ducts.

Luckily, one of the other machine operators fell asleep on the job and cut his hand all to shit (6" razor blades cutting material into strips on a belt machine). I trained for his job, and lasted about a week. I came home Saturday about 9am from my old shift, went in sunday at 6am to start my new shift.

Another job I had was in a factory reassembling Sea Monkey kits.. Haha! Parts were all BRIGHT yellow. So after 10 hours of looking at yellow, the power went out and the building went pitch black (no windows, no backup lighting). Luckily one of the women had a flashlight (she didn't speak any english though) and we managed to find our way out. When we got outside, the sun was very very bright, and all we saw was red (from staring at yellow all night). It was fun. Especially driving home like that. Needless to say, I didn't come back.

Comment

yea i cant work factory jobs with scums and poor management. im glad im out. actually even if dealers are not hiring, i could always start a little performance shop in a street racing places or at least places with people that love moddified cars
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I saw the title and thought it said "quickest hand job i had"

Comment

Working...
                              X