FUCK paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUCK paypal

Ok a guy bought a couple ECUs from me on Ebay and he hasnt received them yet supposedly. Now paypal has taken money from me that is now on hold whether I like it or not. I am so pissed off right now. I dont have a tracking number to give to paypal and so now I might be screwed. However the package had a barcode that might be beneficial to my case and hopefully I can get the proof I need to get out of this. So learn from my lesson people: GET A TRACKING NUMBER!!! KEEP ALL RECORDS THAT YOU SHIPPED THAT PACKAGE UNTIL THE BUYER SAYS THEY GOT THE ITEM! OR YOU WILL GET THE PAYPAL SHAFT!!!

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
    Ok a guy bought a couple ECUs from me on Ebay and he hasnt received them yet supposedly. Now paypal has taken money from me that is now on hold whether I like it or not. I am so pissed off right now. I dont have a tracking number to give to paypal and so now I might be screwed. However the package had a barcode that might be beneficial to my case and hopefully I can get the proof I need to get out of this. So learn from my lesson people: GET A TRACKING NUMBER!!! KEEP ALL RECORDS THAT YOU SHIPPED THAT PACKAGE UNTIL THE BUYER SAYS THEY GOT THE ITEM! OR YOU WILL GET THE PAYPAL SHAFT!!!
    I don't see why Paypal is in the wrong?
    They have put your money into a holding account, (they havn't given it to the buyer as refund for a lost product)
    Its a safe thing for them and the buyer, It may seem a pain for you, but once you sort out the tracking number / barcode with them, you will get your money back.

Whenever I ship things to people I don't know, or items of high value. I always pay the extra for a tracking number. Its a safe guard for you AND the buyer.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yea well lesson learned. I have never had this problem and I usually 9/10 buy the tracking number but I lost it and dont know if I can find it. I honestly cant remember if I got one. But I know I got a receipt and some numbers on it saying I shipped it.

Comment

ya i think a tracking number is only a buck more right?
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
          Yea well lesson learned. I have never had this problem and I usually 9/10 buy the tracking number but I lost it and dont know if I can find it. I honestly cant remember if I got one. But I know I got a receipt and some numbers on it saying I shipped it.
          If you still have the receipt, go back to the place that you shipped it from and talk to them about it.
          Hopefully they should be able to help you out.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

yea, happened to my brother a couple years back when he sold some mj sneakers to a guy in hawaii on Ebay. He shipped it the cheapest way thru usps in order to retain the biggest profit on the sale. Turns out the dude realized that he didnt have a tracking number or delivery confirmation and filed a claim with paypal, got his money back and free $250 rare michael jordan sneakers. My brother learned his lesson. I also pay extra for tracking most ship stuff from my job thru UPS even small stuff just for this reason.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Tracking number always. For $1.50 it's great peace of mind. I've played the paypal game a few times. Luckily, I've won the majority of the times. Not out to scam people, however.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                I've played the paypal game a few times. Luckily, I've won the majority of the times. Not out to scam people, however.
                Mind you, paypal is only a money handling / transfer company. They have nothing to do with the actual shipping or customer transaction.
                Which is why I say it's not really paypals fault.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  yea, happened to my brother a couple years back when he sold some mj sneakers to a guy in hawaii on Ebay. He shipped it the cheapest way thru usps in order to retain the biggest profit on the sale. Turns out the dude realized that he didnt have a tracking number or delivery confirmation and filed a claim with paypal, got his money back and free $250 rare michael jordan sneakers. My brother learned his lesson. I also pay extra for tracking most ship stuff from my job thru UPS even small stuff just for this reason.
                  Same here, I was being cheap and tried to get most of the profit on a ebay sale, buyer filed a dispute to paypal and I lost. I had a recepit and all but since the item was sold over 250 dollars, paypal needs a signature confirmation which I didnt have, well I learned my lesson. Just pay payGal if you owe them money, if you dont, them will get debit collectors after you.

Comment

Working...
                  X