Should I...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I...?

Start deleting threads and posts that look as if they're typed by a 6th grader with a cell phone?

You know which ones I mean... The ones that say "yo wut duz it take 4 u 2 mak lyke 800 horse on a f22 witout nos?"

I find it irritating. I'm sure other people do as well. I'm wondering if I should start deleting these posts, instead of asking (politely or not) that people type in a manner in which we can understand.

I figure I'd run it by you guys... I may or may not do it, but I'm curious to see.
    Should I start really pissing off new members and just axing their stupid posts?
    YES! They are annoying as hell. Good riddance!
    86.42%
    NO! I txt my gurl dat way n itz all gud.
    13.58%

Yes. You are the boss, you run it like you want to. You would just be filtering the stupid out.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Please!

Comment

I know I can do whatever I want... I will anyway. But I'm curious as to what the general concensus is. Granted, the idiots probably won't even bother reading this. Reading is not their strong point. So the majority of the people that reply are those that are smart enough to be as irritated as I am.

And I don't mean people that aren't grammar masters, people that can't spell (like beerman... though I still don't feel "i can't spell" is a viable excuse... fucking learn how to spell!) or people that aren't from an English speaking country. I'm focusing mainly on the people that are typing to us like they're texting their girlfriend.

Comment

Pleez due.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

o god plz.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

stop acting like a noob hater yo
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Yes.

I find it irritating trying to decipher it and when you ask the person to start typing legibly, it turns to an all out "This ain't no English Class get off my dick bitch" thread.

Some threads nobody answers due to the way it is typed (can not decipher the text) so some people think "Fine, Fuck ya'll then!" arguing pursues, people get banned, thread get's locked and we start looking like 8 year olds with the mind set of "They hit me first".

Get's a little old after a while.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I wouldn't delete them, but I would maybe put it in the stickies (and of course, a post in their thread of douchebaggery) that if you type like a douchebag 6th grader on his cell phone, you're not going to get the help you need, probably get hassled about it and will eventually be ignored, except for other ignorant douchebags.

If we start shutting down the noobs that think that's cool, they will end up on other forums full of idiots and then they get no education or correction in their foolish young lives.

You can always ban them if they keep it up. First offense miniban, second offense maxiban, third offense permaban.

Just my two cents worth.

Comment

I voted yes. I think we should require a bit of intelligence.

Comment

please do, and at least make them not be able to post till they get fire fox or some browser with spell check. its not that fucking hard people.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                        please do, and at least make them not be able to post till they get fire fox or some browser with spell check. its not that fucking hard people.
                        Spell check is only effective if they make a mistake. I think the problem is the intentional idiots. The people that think it's cool to mangle the language. Spell check doesn't do a damn thing for them.

Comment

Honestly, I dont think you should, unless you catch them in the 30+ side.
                          The new members are, well, new. I think we should try to correct that problem in the Beginners section. We need more members to take over the world, so I wouldnt try and scare them away. I think you should make a sticky that tells them to correct that problem before it gets to the vets.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                          Bought from: ChampCoupe
                          Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                            I wouldn't delete them, but I would maybe put it in the stickies (and of course, a post in their thread of douchebaggery) that if you type like a douchebag 6th grader on his cell phone, you're not going to get the help you need, probably get hassled about it and will eventually be ignored, except for other ignorant douchebags.

If we start shutting down the noobs that think that's cool, they will end up on other forums full of idiots and then they get no education or correction in their foolish young lives.

You can always ban them if they keep it up. First offense miniban, second offense maxiban, third offense permaban.

Just my two cents worth.

X2

I couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ExSedan View Post
                              The new members are, well, new. I think we should try to correct that problem in the Beginners section.
                              And then this happens. vvv

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                              when you ask the person to start typing legibly, it turns to an all out "This ain't no English Class get off my dick bitch" thread.

Some threads nobody answers due to the way it is typed (can not decipher the text) so some people think "Fine, Fuck ya'll then!" arguing pursues, people get banned, thread get's locked and we start looking like 8 year olds with the mind set of "They hit me first".
                              Originally posted by 91ExSedan View Post
                              I think you should make a sticky that tells them to correct that problem before it gets to the vets.
                              As usually pointed out, how many people in this forum have actually read the stickies? Yes some people have but if you go back and look/re-read a lot of the Beginner posts, you will find the majority of them haven't or they briefly skimmed through them. A lot of us try to be polite and tell them but they seem to take it as an attack on them personally, and as we all know that never ends well.

I guess we shall see what Deev has in store for it.
                              3 CB's gone....
                              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X