FUCK 1800Flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUCK 1800Flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a couple weeks ago, my fiance ordered a bouquet through them, for the first time. it was a "thank you" gift for the bridal shower that her aunt threw for her.

we found out a week and a half later that they were never delivered. as soon as we found out, we called 1800flowers. they said that they were delivered and there was a confirmation. we told them, they were not delivered because my aunt doesnt have them. so someone signed for them, and it wasnt theres. so fuck one of her neighbors, but thats not the point of this story.

anyways, by the end of the phone conversation, we were told that they were going to be redlivered the very next day and we would receive 20% off of the purchase we had made. sounds great.

the next day comes around. still no flowers. i happen to log onto my checking account, and i see two new charges from 1800flowers. so, on top of the $70 we spent, we never got the 20% difference refunded, and now these new charges for $102 each!!!!

we call back, furious. according to the lady we talked to this time, "supposedly" the rep from the day before didnt close out our account and charged a couple other customers purchases on our card. and to this day, we still dont have the money back in our account. they say, their end is done, its all the bank putting a hold on the money.

i emailed them, said i would like a complimentary bouquet sent to her aunt for all the trouble we had to go through, especially being short in our account for a fuck up that was 100% theirs. i pretty much get the finger, they tell me i can have 20% off a future purchase.

so im going to contact them again. im sick of these automated email responses. i want a fuckin bouquet. i dont want a damn coupon for a company i will never buy from again.

Write your experience to media outlets and tell them that you're doing so. Bad publicity stings a whole lot more.

Good luck with your situation.

Comment

We got screwed by them a while back, delivered a day late and dying then not at all. never again.
      Last edited by 2.2litrebeater; 08-23-2009, 01:49 PM.
      FA1

Comment

I've used them a few times without problems, but I don't like that the flowers are stuffed in a box, I use teleflora.com now.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Normally, they just act as the order processing service, and they go through local florists for the actual flowers and delivery. They're just a middle-man. So, basically, they would have to pay outright to have your flowers sent for free.

Which, I totally agree... they SHOULD do!

I say write them a very threatening letter. Say you're going to sue for emotional trauma. This is a very stressful time for you, as your wedding is coming up, and they have not only messed with your order, but also seriously messed with your bank account (I know you're not going cheap on the wedding... but they don't know that you're not some poor kid that are spending a grand total of $2000 on your wedding... of which they just stole 10% of!)
          See what happens with that. Perhaps even see a lawyer and ACTUALLY sue them. Make them pay for your wedding, since they won't pay for the flower order they fucked up!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Normally, they just act as the order processing service, and they go through local florists for the actual flowers and delivery. They're just a middle-man. So, basically, they would have to pay outright to have your flowers sent for free.

Which, I totally agree... they SHOULD do!

I say write them a very threatening letter. Say you're going to sue for emotional trauma. This is a very stressful time for you, as your wedding is coming up, and they have not only messed with your order, but also seriously messed with your bank account (I know you're not going cheap on the wedding... but they don't know that you're not some poor kid that are spending a grand total of $2000 on your wedding... of which they just stole 10% of!)
            See what happens with that. Perhaps even see a lawyer and ACTUALLY sue them. Make them pay for your wedding, since they won't pay for the flower order they fucked up!
            good god man, you really know how to stick it to the man. unfortunately i dont have the time for all that. i would love to have someone else pay for our wedding, but i dont see that happeneing. and actually we had already gotten paid at work, so we had plenty of money in the account, but again, they dont need to know that.

btw, here is their response in its entirety. they just dont give a damn.

"Thank you for contacting us.
            We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Unfortunately, will not be able to send any kind of bouquet as a compensation. Your money has been refunded and the order has been cancelled.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at the address listed below. "

i will be sending them one more email stating that i am going to post my experience and tell as many people as possible... but i want to wait until the money is back in my account, so i know i wont end up having to call them again.

Comment

yea we used them a few times with no problem but the last time we did they didnt deliver the flowers and then when they finally did the chocolate with it was melted all over the place. Fuck them, id never use them again.

Comment

When someone wrongs me and doesn't offer an apology, I tend to get pissed... Mistakes happen, but for someone not to care is beyond me. Plus, I have a psychology degree, and a business degree with a concentration on law...

Anyway, did they refund the two $102 charges AND the $70 charge for the bouquet that was "sent"?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  When someone wrongs me and doesn't offer an apology, I tend to get pissed... Mistakes happen, but for someone not to care is beyond me. Plus, I have a psychology degree, and a business degree with a concentration on law...

Anyway, did they refund the two $102 charges AND the $70 charge for the bouquet that was "sent"?
                  its been a week and i still havent received the money yet. according to them, they refunded the money. but it can take 8-10 business days for the money to be back into my account.

i tried playing the angle that i have to wait two weeks for my money, which i told them was 100% their fault, and still nothing.

Comment

I'm sure they don't care, as they're a HUGE company... but your story ensures that I will NEVER use them.

Comment

I had this same thing happen with ordering car parts from Options. I had a header, test pipe, and cat back ordered. I never recieved the parts. I called back and they said that the address that I gave them didn't match the card. Well we went back and forth on this and they eventually "tried" to fix it only to charge my card three times instead of once and then had a hold put on all of the money. They basically took my whole income tax refund last year and had that shit on hold for like a month. Long story short, I will never use them again, I never got my parts, and we were broke for an extra month because of stupidity on their part. Sorry to hear this happend especially with your wedding comming up. It sucks having to learn about certain shops/people this way.

Comment

my moms a florist so i just walk down to her workshop and steal flowers from the floral coolers and give them to girls i like
                        ..[CB7][STAR]..
                        MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

So THAT's your secret!

Comment

you know it is...

actually its kind of bad sometimes...since i live at home...bring a girl to my room and BAM....wtf!!! my moms "spruced" up my room with some flowers...thanks...

other then that my house usually always smells like roses and other flowers
                            ..[CB7][STAR]..
                            MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

youd be better off going to a local flower shop next time

Comment

Working...
                              X