Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

** input wanted ** iphone 3.0 OS, yes or no???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** input wanted ** iphone 3.0 OS, yes or no???

right now im still on 2.2 but ive jailbroken it and have everything the way i want it. is it worth the trouble to upgrade to 3.0?

whats good, whats bad?

the only reason im considering is that they seem to be phasing out 2.2, and alot of the newer apps are only 3.0 compatible.

for those that have upgraded, what all is involved?

ive downloaded pkgbackup, but ive yet to install and try it out. i think with that app, im able to save all my apps and reinstall them automatically after ive upgraded, but i havent read much into it. im kinda waiting until i have to do it. i am definitely an app whore, so i will want full access.

doit!!

ive jailbroken and unlocked via redsnow.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i had 3.0.1 on my 3gs , jailbroke it to 3.0 and i am a happy man

redsnow practically does everything for you in under 10 minutes

it feels good to download 12 dollar games for FREE

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

I did the 3.0 update on my ipod touch which is practically an iphone.

It is neat adding the shuffle anytime feature and the search feature and bluetooth for sure. Unless your going to make use of the bluetooth or you really want all the fixins its not necessary. If you have your shit setup the way you like then I'd leave it for now.

Thank god I won't ever have to pay for an update again.

Android=ftw!

Comment

when i upgrade, i know i unjailbreak the phone and lose all 3rd party sofrware... but do i also lose all the apps ive installed through itunes?

Comment

yea u do, u can easily get them back though even if u paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
              when i upgrade, i know i unjailbreak the phone and lose all 3rd party sofrware... but do i also lose all the apps ive installed through itunes?
              Yea but all apps bought or dl for free should be IN Itunes, thus you should just be able to sync them back to your iphone.

3rd party apps and stuff installed/dl thru jailbreaking would have to be redone after jailbreaking again.

ninjaedit--idk if you think so but when you upgrade to 3.0 it doesnt make any of your apps that you legally bought or dl thru itunes unusable(unless they are not compatible with 3.0 alltogether)

But basically once you dl an app from apple, its yours untill you decide to delete it or they stop updating it.

Comment

My only complaint is the landscape texting. It's annoying, in my opinion. I've had 9 months to get used to texting regurarly, and now they spice it up with landscape mode.

Other than that...it's the exact same as any other update, really.

Comment

its cool but the landscape mode gets annoying when it gets stuck. Thats my only complaint
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    its cool but the landscape mode gets annoying when it gets stuck. Thats my only complaint
                    Thats weird, I have never had a problem with the landscape keyboard.
                    Last edited by sunburn; 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM.
                    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

i didnt even know 3.0 had landscape... nothing new though, ive had it on 2.2 cause i used swirlysms.

most of the work is done, im just waiting for the drawn out process of installing all the apps again.

Comment

ok what is jailbreaking and what does it do?
                        Members Ride sold...
                        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                        X