Site suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site suggestion?

I just wanted to throw this suggestion out there to see what you guys think. In the members rides section of this fourm we require the title to be a certine way. You need to put your year and trim level in the title. Well over the past few days i have been looking through there trying to find sedans. Well im suggesting that maybe we put the body style in the title too. So for example it could be like

Tippey's : 1993 Accord EX Cpe

Tippey's : 1993 Accord EX Sdn

Tippey's : 1993 Accord EX Wgn

So anyways tell me what you think and if its even possible ( considering all the members ride threads out there )

It would be Deev's decision to make the call.
    However it would also require a moderator to go through all the threads and rename them - A whole 89 pages worth.

If you wanted to search it - Do the advanced search and select MR section.
    Then type in sedan, coupe, or wagon.

Some of the results will be something else, but most of them should be right.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

the mrt section should have subsections for wagons, coupes, and sedans =D
      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
        It would be Deev's decision to make the call.
        However it would also require a moderator to go through all the threads and rename them - A whole 89 pages worth.

If you wanted to search it - Do the advanced search and select MR section.
        Then type in sedan, coupe, or wagon.

Some of the results will be something else, but most of them should be right.
        There couldnt be some way to give the creater of the thread the ability to rename it only within that section?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          There couldnt be some way to give the creater of the thread the ability to rename it only within that section?
          If the creator tries to rename a thread it will only show in the subject line of his or her first post. The actual thread title (after being created) can only be renamed by a moderator or administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
            If the creator tries to rename a thread it will only show in the subject line of his or her first post. The actual thread title (after being created) can only be renamed by a moderator or administration.
            that why he said:
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Theres heaps of members in there that aren't on this site any more, so that would only work for maybe the first 65 pages.
              And only if everyone actually DID change there own.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I was actually thinking about that the other day, when I was going through and editing/deleting threads in there.

I'm not sure that I could give a normal member the power to edit their own thread title.

It would be a good thing to have the body style in the name. I've always thought so, but there were many MANY pages by the time I was in a position to do anything about it, so I just left it as-is.

If we do it... the staff will just have to go in and start renaming. If everyone chipped in and did a few every now and then, it'd get done eventually. We'll have to see.

Comment

Working...
                X