No announcement yet.

school loan advice needed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very hard to get yourself back to school once you take a break.

If you can get a credit card ASAP, it wouldn't look bad. They don't care. The school wants money, and the card company wants you to rack up a huge balance! They'll both love you for it!

Just be careful, and pay that bitch off ASAP. Credit cards are evil... but necessary at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
      If you have other options available, I would steer clear of taking time off. Many friends of mine have done this, and weren't able to get enough money saved up to return to school.

If you decide to take a break, however, be sure that your school will apply your scholarship(s) again when you return. Some schools do not reapply scholarships when students take a leave of absence.

it's athletic , so they have to apply it to both semesters .
      yeah , thats what i'm hearing man . . . i don't wanna take off but i may have to if i can't come up with this money .

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It's very hard to get yourself back to school once you take a break.

If you can get a credit card ASAP, it wouldn't look bad. They don't care. The school wants money, and the card company wants you to rack up a huge balance! They'll both love you for it!

Just be careful, and pay that bitch off ASAP. Credit cards are evil... but necessary at times.
      yeah deev . imma go the credit route . . . even though it's kinda dangerous during these times . i'm a newb to credit so imma talk to the rents about it tonight .

you guys are a big help , there isnt a day i don't check this site , and i'm glad i joined . i'll let you guys know how everything goes come tomorrow . just pray for me .

cause there are way too many black bruhs walking around with no education and i REFUSE to be one . . .

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
      - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
        This is a tough dilemma. I too had too had to face this during my college years. I sold my car and took up a full-time job aftwards to purchase another car. But in all seriousness, try a credit union for a loan. Sorry that you are going thru this. I can totally sympathize with you. Good luck!
        thanks man . ( those headers look sick and function nice , if i had a cb i'd def go in on one . )

EVERYONE THAT POSTED IN THIS THREAD . . . thank you .

i got everything handled by a last minute begging by financial aid once again , just a bigger crowd . they offered me another un subsidized loan from sallie mae and i took it IMMEDIATELY .
        you guys are awesome . now i can add to the new cb fund . lol .

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
        - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Originally posted by khal.lawson View Post
          thanks man . ( those headers look sick and function nice , if i had a cb i'd def go in on one . )

EVERYONE THAT POSTED IN THIS THREAD . . . thank you .

i got everything handled by a last minute begging by financial aid once again , just a bigger crowd . they offered me another un subsidized loan from sallie mae and i took it IMMEDIATELY .
          you guys are awesome . now i can add to the new cb fund . lol .
          Glad to hear it!
          My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Working...
          X