Whats you favorite Airline??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
    yea ima be 18 in january....so im good then, but i go in the airport and just ask to somebody or what do i tell them? thanks gary!
    Yes, just go to North Las Vegas Airport, if you are in Las Vegas and ask around, or look for signs that say stuff like "Learn to fly here"

Don't go to McCarran. You won't get anywhere.

Just say, I want to learn to fly and start asking questions.

Be forewarned though, it is far from cheap.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Southwest and Delta

American Airlines lost my luggage once. That sucked.

United fly's Airbus's, and 2 Airbus's fell into the ocean not to long ago due to some electrical failures I think. There was that one off the coast of Brazil, and the other off the coast of Africa (with one lucky survivor).

I flew on one a couple weeks ago. After we taxi'd to the runway we sat there a long time. The captain finally said "we are having some maintenance issues". They had to shut down the engines and fire them back up to reset the computer. After that we finally took off about 30 minutes late.
      Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 10-03-2009, 10:18 PM.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala
        k gotcha! but one question tho gary.....how much ($) would it be?
        Listen, this thread has gone off into a huge tangent. Please PM myself, or Scott (owequitit) if you want to know more about flying.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by the G-man View Post
          you Can Get A Private Pilot's License If You Are At Least 17.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            FAR 61.83 subpart (a): Be at least 16 years of age for other than the operation of a glider or balloon.

^That deals with Student Pilots

FAR 61.103 subpart (a): Be at least 17 years of age for a rating in other than a glider or balloon

^That one deals with private pilots.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
              FAR 61.83 subpart (a): Be at least 16 years of age for other than the operation of a glider or balloon.

^That deals with Student Pilots

FAR 61.103 subpart (a): Be at least 17 years of age for a rating in other than a glider or balloon

^That one deals with private pilots.
              16 to start training, which is what I thought you meant. In most cases, the training time is over a year anyway. Not necessarily the case, but usually.

Comment

I like and fly Delta.

The reason why I like it so much, is the crown room club that they have in most larger airports.

I don't know how much it is to fly with them or anything, but I do know that they knock our flights to first class somewhat often, which is nice to get a first class seat for the price of coach.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                  16 to start training, which is what I thought you meant. In most cases, the training time is over a year anyway. Not necessarily the case, but usually.
                  Well if you want to get technical, you can log hours before that, you just cannot solo before 16.

And over a year for a PPL? Yeah, if you only log like 1 hour every week or so, but I digress.

Back to the original question: Where exactly were you going? SoCal from LAS? There are tons of flights. Most frequencies are going to be from Southwest and US Airways. Just go with whichever has lower fares. It is gonna be non stop with either one.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Qatari Airways. or Gulf Air
                    (for both ladies and service)

still get free meals, free snacks, free drinks.
                    they even give you a little bag with a toothbrush, the thing to go over your eyes.
                    My own TV to play games, watch movies or listen to music, with free headphones.

very interesting how 3rd world airlines take care of us better than our own.
                    even the ones in the middle east. weird to say but those are my favorite to fly!!!
                    Its when I get ot the US when oo this is broke, change gates, and we cant help you.

United States sucks for airlines, shitty shitty shitty!
                    Last edited by drummersteve7; 10-04-2009, 07:50 PM.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                      Qatari Airways. or Gulf Air
                      (for both ladies and service)
                      It would be nice to fly on a plane with hot ladies for once.

If you fly southwest enough you may get this guy. I got on his plane a month ago comming from San Jose to Ontario, California.

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

there's some hot attendants on the asian airlines like cathay pacific and singapore.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

eva air

or any with hot asian girls working.
                          峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                            Well if you want to get technical, you can log hours before that, you just cannot solo before 16.

And over a year for a PPL? Yeah, if you only log like 1 hour every week or so, but I digress.

Back to the original question: Where exactly were you going? SoCal from LAS? There are tons of flights. Most frequencies are going to be from Southwest and US Airways. Just go with whichever has lower fares. It is gonna be non stop with either one.
                            Yes, technically you can. However, most people don't. There isn't a lower age limit to log time. But realistically, most people don't start until they are in the 15-16 year range. And yes, having known a lot of people who have gotten their private, the average time is around a year, usually for cost reasons.

Also, keep in mind that the published minimums are just that. Minimums. Not everyone gets it in the minimums, and you are still required to perform to the PTS.

Comment

Working...
                            X