"revved up like a deuce.."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"revved up like a deuce.."

Manfred Mann's Earth Band. The song; "Blinded by the Light".

The actual lyrics:

"Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"

Now, i dunno about anyone else, but until recently, and i do not know why, i used to think he said;

"wrapped up like a douche, another rumor in the night"

Dont ask why. Maybe it was cuz i was younger and...I dont know.

Anyone else experience this or feel better when they found out those werent the actual lyrics? Lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Those are actually the most misunderstood lyrics ever, I think. Even knowing what they are, I hear "wrapped up like a douche"

Comment

iknorite?

Everytime that song comes on, eventhough i know he says duece, i still think douche.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I totally hear douche as well.

The funny thing is that my non-car-guy friend Bill is the one that explained the actual lyrics to me (and their meaning... )

I also find myself singing along to "scuse me, while I kiss this guy", "there's a bathroom on the right" and "hold me closer, Tony Danza"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I totally hear douche as well.

The funny thing is that my non-car-guy friend Bill is the one that explained the actual lyrics to me (and their meaning... )

I also find myself singing along to "scuse me, while I kiss this guy", "there's a bathroom on the right" and "hold me closer, Tony Danza"
          What is the meaning? Is it talking about a Deuce Coupe?
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

That was my friend's explanation, yeah. I can't imagine it could be anything else, honestly.

Of course, he knew it from the Beach Boys.

Comment

The Tony Danza is new, ill have to listen to that. Dont know the bathrom song, and what is it with the Hendrix??

My mom said she used to think he said "kiss this guy". Its Hendrix...he wasnt that way. I dont think.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                The Tony Danza is new, ill have to listen to that. Dont know the bathrom song, and what is it with the Hendrix??

My mom said she used to think he said "kiss this guy". Its Hendrix...he wasnt that way. I dont think.
                Kiss the Sky.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

That was my friend's explanation, yeah. I can't imagine it could be anything else, honestly.

Of course, he knew it from the Beach Boys.
                  That is what I thought, but I like the song, and as soon as I figured it wasn't "douche" I quit worrying about it. LOL!

But, it just proves there was street racing back then too.

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                    Kiss the Sky.
                    Holy crap! I have been enlightened...
                    Originally posted by sweet91accord
                    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Of course there was street racing back then. Thats how NASCAR came about; guys smuggling moonshine raced eachother and they modified their cars to go faster than the other.

And hasnt anyone seen Grease or uh...that one movie...i cant think of it right now but its got young Ron Howard and the guy cruises a yellow coupe with a little girl and he races Harrison Ford....oh fuck...but it takes place in the 40s or 50s.

Comment

Of course there was street racing back then. Thats how NASCAR came about; guys smuggling moonshine raced eachother and they modified their cars to go faster than the other.

And hasnt anyone seen Grease or uh...that one movie...i cant think of it right now but its got young Ron Howard and the guy cruises a yellow coupe with a little girl and he races Harrison Ford....oh fuck...but it takes place in the 40s or 50s.

American Graffitti. Superb movie.

And yeah, I know. It is just funny because everyone nowadays acts like street racing was invented by "ricers" and they are the only ones who do it, although if you go to any dark country road between now and the 1950's, you will find it somewhere.

Comment

American Graffitt, yes. Thank you.

Id almost go so far as to say i bet there was racing before then. Probably only a matter of time after the car was invented.

Hell, they used to do it back in Roman times too, with the chariots and shit.

Comment

American Graffitt, yes. Thank you.

Id almost go so far as to say i bet there was racing before then. Probably only a matter of time after the car was invented.

Hell, they used to do it back in Roman times too, with the chariots and shit.
                            Yeah. It's a guy thing.

Of course racing at 12MPH is a lot different than hitting 120MPH.

Comment

Working...
                            X