I just had an interesting thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had an interesting thought...

I'm posting this here in OT for discussion, rather than the tech or swaps forums... because it's simply an interesting thought, not really a technical idea (yet... )

I was looking at the G25A1 found in the Vigor... and it occurred to me... this engine was made around the same time as the F22A. Could it possibly have a port design similar to the F22A?

I really don't know anything about these engines, as they don't fit into our cars without significant modification... and they've got almost NO aftermarket support...

But, if my idea is correct (and wikked tells me it's not... he knows more than I do...) then the G25A1 may be the next hidden gem!

Just a thought. I'd love to learn more.

I would chime in on this but well id like to know more info on this even though im no longer a honda fan like that.

Comment

mmm 5cyl swap...

you can have a header made, and that IM actually looks pretty good. the biggest pain would be getting a decent cam made. oh and the TB is on the wrong side, but that isnt that big of an issue. i wonder if it is f22a trans compatible?
      Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-30-2009, 10:52 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'm not so much concerned with the swap capability... it'd be a bitch and a half to get it into a CB7...

Just wondering if the head could possibly be made to flow as well as a modified F22A head. If so... it might just be worth the money to build! I'd take a Vigor if I knew I could build a kickass G25A1 in it

Comment

sometimes a lot of the valvetrain was the same, just that an extra cylinder was added to the head and/or block.

look at the VW/Audi 4 cylinder and 5 cylinders. they are exactly the same.
          The M10 and M20 BMW (4 and 6 cy) were the same (some what, they had different combustion chambers)
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

its very hard to find any useful information on this topic on the internet. i have been searching for awhile and haven't had to much luck. anyone else finding anything useful?
            You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
            Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

The only answer I could get from any source was Wikkedv16. He said that the castings are completely different.

I'd be curious to compare them directly, though... just to see.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The only answer I could get from any source was Wikkedv16. He said that the castings are completely different.

I'd be curious to compare them directly, though... just to see.
                yeh it would be interesting to see just how different they are. i think someone should attempt this swap..

i will gladly volunteer my car just everyone has to get the stuff LOL
                You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Swapping it into a CB7 would be senseless. It would be a difficult fit as a transverse mounted engine, as the F22A is. A longitudinal mount, like it is in the Vigor, would require significant modification (if it would fit at all), and the only transmission option would be the Vigor's transmission. It would make much more sense to just buy a Vigor!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Swapping it into a CB7 would be senseless. It would be a difficult fit as a transverse mounted engine, as the F22A is. A longitudinal mount, like it is in the Vigor, would require significant modification (if it would fit at all), and the only transmission option would be the Vigor's transmission. It would make much more sense to just buy a Vigor!
                    True. although i very rarely see vigors in my area. seen one or two in the JY though

Comment

They're fairly uncommon, especially compared to CB7s. They're often in no better shape than most CB7s as well.

Comment

You won't stop will you...lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                          haha he is set on learning more about this motor lol

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                            I started typing this as I IMed you yesterday... I figured I might as well post it anyway Have you ever actually compared the two heads? You're the only one that has been able to give any kind of answer whatsoever so far...

Comment

Maybe I missed the point your trying to make, but I don't understand.

The G25 is 5 cyl and the F22 is 4 cyl so No the exhaust ports aren't the same

Or do you mean the physical port design?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X