CB7 Tuner's meat recipes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Tuner's meat recipes...

I know there was a cooking, or food thread a while back. I searched, but can't find it. I've got no pictures as of yet, but I wanted to open up a thread for you guys to share your recipes, or recipes for spices, marinades, rubs, ect.

This is all for a type of meat. Things along the lines of beef, poultry, pork, and fish. Also any other type of meat you cook with.

For me, this is kind of my one-all rub. I've cooked steaks with it, and it was amazing. I cooked a few chicken breasts with it, and it was amazing. I've got a filet mignon sitting in the fridge right now defrosting covered in this stuff. I can't wait till tomorrow to put some more on, and throw it in the cast iron.

I grind down my own black pepper. I prefer it over store bought ground pepper.

This isn't my recipe for the rub unfortunately, so I'm not taking credit for it. I'm just spreading the word

I've got a...I think an 8oz filet mignon I'm working with. I don't know, it was 19- 20something/lb at the store, and it came out to $17.xx in two pieces of meat. So it's about a..yeah, 7-8oz filet.

I don't know whether you guys like to buy from the store, then take it home and get straight to cooking (that's what I do, "fresh" meat to me tastes the best). But in this case, I have to defrost it.

This is just how I cook some of my steaks, and it works well for me. Tastes amazing almost every time. (except the first when I burnt them...heh..)

Things needed:
    Steak, whichever cut is your favorite.
    Steak seasoning rub (directions below)
    Extra virgin olive oil
    12' Cast Iron Skillet
    Tongs
    Rag
    Two plates

Food Prep:
    24-36-48 hours prior to cooking (depending on how large the piece of meat it), remove it from the freezer and place it inside of the fridge on one of your plates. (I place it on a rack in a pan inside the fridge)

While it's defrosting, again I like to make this right before I cook, prepare this seasoning rub.
    8 teaspoons salt
    4 teaspoons paprika
    2 teaspoons ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon coriander
    1/2 teaspoon turmeric

After 12-20 hours, I remove the meat and apply a very light rub of the above listed seasoning.
    Let it defrost.

Gameday.

Heat up the cast iron skillet. I sit it on the stove at about medium, medium-high heat. I put a very little bit of olive oil in the pan.
    While the skillet is warming up, grab the steak(s) out of the fridge. Rub both sides with a teaspoon of the extra virgin olive oil. After that, apply more of the steak rub as well. I apply it more generously this second time around because I love how good the seasoning is.
    The skillet is ready when the olive oil starts to smoke just a little. The reason why the skillet has to be so hot, is my goal is to first sear the steak.
    I hold the steak on its short sides, for the first few bits. The goal is to sear the outside of the steak. Holding it on it's sides for maybe 15-30 seconds per side.
    Then I lay it on it's face, and once again let it sear. I let it sit on it's face for about 5-7 minutes, then flip it only once.
    Lay it on it's other side, it's back, and cook for another 5-7 minutes (depending on how cooked you like your steaks)
    After it's hit the medium rare mark, I take the steak off and let it sit on a warm plate.

The reasons I let the meat rest for a few minutes once it's hit medium rare, is because the steak still remains hot on the inside, thus still cooks even when off the stove. The amount of time I let the steaks rest is generally half of the time I spent cooking it...so if it spent 10 total minutes in the pan, I let it rest for 5. 14, 7, so on and so forth.

Plate the steak with whatever side you've made, and enjoy!

I'm going to actually cook this filet tomorrow, and I'll have pictures to follow.

My brother goes to the CIA, well wait, went, he just graduated! I've learned bits and pieces from him, throwing my own little spins on it here and there.

What's in your arsenal?

Heh..I didn't purposely mean to write an entire how-to.. oh well

I like to experiment everytime, but I'll share my favorite pork chop recipe (and I love pork chops more than steak.)

Chop thickness is up to you, I like a good 3/4 - 1 inch cut.

1 teaspoon each:
    dry garlic powder
    coarse/sea salt
    crushed red pepper seeds

1/2 teaspoon each:
    dry yellow mustard
    ground black pepper

1/4 teaspoon each:
    sage
    oregano
    savory

Mix everything well in a bowl and then rub into both sides of your chops, massaging them fairly well to open the meat and let the flavors sink in. Store for a minimum of three hours in the fridge in a sealed container. Grille over a very high flame for two minutes on each side to sear and seal, then turn down the heat to medium and grille until meat is no longer pink inside.

Then call me and invite me to dinner,. Actually , call me first, so I can get there while it's hot!

Comment

ill share my roast beef recipe with ya'll

* 1 1/4 tablespoons paprika
      * 1 tablespoon kosher salt
      * 1 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
      * 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
      * 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
      * 2 tablespoons Frank’s red hot sauce
      * 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
      * 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
      * 2 tablespoons olive oil
      * 1 (3 pound-ish) sirloin tip roast

mix everything together and let sit for about 30 minutes

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Smear your roast on all sides with the rub and place it on the rack in your roasting pan.

dump a cup of water into the bottom of pan so nothing that falls off burns

i usually take mine out after about 50 minutes because i like it to have a little pink inside but you can always leave it in longer to make it brown all the way through
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Working...
      X