Need some motivation :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some motivation :/

Alrights guys i need some motivation, im gettin burnt out on my CB it seems like nothing i do works i still havnt gotten it to pass smog and i have a half built h22 sittin in my garage that i dont feel like dumping more money into. i just need motivation to work on my 1st love and get that motor built and in the car. help me out here lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

aite man you know when u finish up wit your baby your gonna love flooring that pedal and feeling all them horses n hearing that deep loud engine revn...n your gonna love it even more when you leave that lil ricer civic in the dust...itll get better soon...we all go through speed bumps in our lil quest to get our cb's to where we like em... like tupac said "you gotta keep your head up"

Comment

YOU can DO IEEEEETT !!

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Just leave the car alone stack bread and save .Then come back to it next summer. In the meantime put in extra overtime to get money for the parts.

Comment

Your cb looks fuckin sick compared to my panda...More jdm than me!...well except for my H22A DO IT BITCH! The best things usually take some time! GL!

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

im on the same page.. but one day ull c ur car the way u want it,

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=37420

Keep it going dude.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

suck it up and get a melon scented air freshener or something.

jk. think of the mad vtaks yo!

Comment

Drive an Accord with an h22, motivation enough

Comment

shit man, whats the issue. ill help a brotha out.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

How much cash do you have invested into your car? Because if your at a point where you have to finish building it, I would say keep putting money into the car until it's drivable. Do as little as possible and only what you need to get your car going.

Looking at your engine build page I have to say your building an engine with large amounts of potential. These builds can add up fast. 3-4-5-6 thousand dollars isn't uncommon. Right now I'm in the 5K region probably looking at around 6 when I'm done. And that's just for N/A.

Break your goals into much smaller steps. Find one thing for example if you wanted to relocate the fuse box. Start by simply undoing the connectors to the fuse box and unbolting it from your car. Step one done. Step two would be seeing how far you want to go with your fuse box. Lets say you want it just on the other side of the firewall. Step two is now done. Run your wires through the firewall. You run into a problem, your wires wont reach. You now have to extend your harness or cut open the looming and work with it.

It's that kind of small steps and decisions that will take you far places. You don't necessarily need to follow through all the way either. You can start several things at once or alternate between them. The biggest thing to remember is that you have a vast abundance of knowledge here online and if you cant readily find what your looking for you have TONS of people who can help (or at least call you an idiot for not searching ).

And Friends make a big difference. I'm not saying grab joe schmo and ask for help. I'm talking about having a friend who's also mechanically inclined and who could also probably do the project by themselves. Together more work will be done than you working alone twice as long.

These are just some of the things that I try and do to keep me motivated on my own build. Plus for me I have the satisfaction that I'm personally making something that people will find amazing and impressive and hopefully awe inspiring. It drives me.
                      Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Marty,

You don't even know how many times I've been in your position. Don't give up. You will regret it I promise. I am almost done. I myself am building my block and about to pull it out of my car. I haven't driven it for months. I want to drive it everyday. Sometimes I want to just put it back together and say fuck the build...

but in reality, it will be well worth the wait if I took my time and pursued it. Sure I will dump more money, but I will successfully say I have completed a long on-going project. Marty, you might as well finish. I hope you didn't drive all the way to my house and pick up that WS2 for nothing. C'mon now...I'm counting on you to finish WITH ME.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

the problem with me is that my project car is my beater. so when something goes wrong, i don't have a car. thats what frustrates me to give up. i need another reliable car so my lude can be a garage queen.

i do regret selling my accord after seeing its old pictures online, but when i get inside my bb6, i dont miss it at all. lol

Comment

damn i didnt think this many people would chime in
                            the main thing that gets me down is my CB is my only car my only means of transportation so when something goes wrong i gotta fix it on the spot, but i still plan on finishing the build i might actually order the head parts tonight i wanna thank everyone for giving me a boost in motivation it helped alot along with watching the Dsport dvd i got haha.

Ant, were gunna finish these damn builds then were gunna line em up and see how a couple of built h22s do against eachother only this time your comin to my town haha

Thanks again guys! CB7=Commitment-Beyond-7years haha

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

here's some motivation for you
                              [IMG]http://www.****.com/pics/larry/k104show09/larry008.JPG[/IMG]
                              damn i love that engine bay (but mine will be cleaner!)

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X