Auto H22A impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto H22A impressions?

I was gonna get Zipcar, but with CBs & H22 auto swaps being so cheap I'm thinkin of trading my car for an auto one and doing the swap. It's too cold out here to not have a car, and I can get cheap insurance in my girl's name if she can drive the car. Cheap enough to be worth it over zip car.

How are they? What's the gas mileage like? Are they faster than manual F22As with I/H/E? I'm lookin for more of a highway/cruising car w/some punch. Mauri I'm talkin to you here lol.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

same here

Comment

LMAO I knew I had to chime in

Well the mpg with the p13 is like 20 city and 30 highway. Its low for what I want but thats with the intake, full exhaust, and the greddy header.

I still want to get better gas mileage but I have to get her tuned again.

The h22 is way better in acceleration then an f22 i/e/h.. (i had an f22 with i/e/h back in 03 and 04)

I like the drive but its not as quick on throttle like a manual h22.

I dont see why you should get another cb. Why dont you just swap yours? You change your mind alot Yaw....
      Last edited by excalibur02; 12-15-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
        LMAO I knew I had to chime in

Well the mpg with the p13 is like 20 city and 30 highway. Its low for what I want but thats with the intake, full exhaust, and the greddy header.

I still want to get better gas mileage but I have to get her tuned again.

The h22 is way better in acceleration then an f22 i/e/h.. (i had an f22 with i/e/h back in 03 and 04)

I like the drive but its not as quick on throttle like a manual h22.

I dont see why you should get another cb. Why dont you just swap yours? You change your mind alot Yaw....
        I do change my mind a lot...

But my girl won't drive a stickshift car in BK... I thought Zipcar would work, but it's too cold for all that shit. So w/CBs going for like $500-1000 I figure I can get something decent, and maybe swap later if the $$$ is right. Maximas/I30s are pretty cheap too though, and already come with the power, leather, Bose....

Just thinkin out loud really, there are def. cheaper + easier alternatives.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Obviously a H22 with i/h/e will be faster than a F22 with i/h/e.
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
            Most people know this but Yaw asked in his first post lol

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
              I meant an auto H22 vs a manual F22 (which I clearly stated in my first post). From what I know they are both high 15 second cars.

Comment

thinking of doing this too. a H auto.

Comment

As far as auto goes, Its faster than a manual f22a, but only after you get into vtec. Still feels like a regular f22a out of vtec. The only annoyance is the shift lock not working with the h22 swap but that can be made to work, just takes some time.

Honestly they are not that bad, Good daily driver with some pep. If you want to pick up another accord. Let me know before you seal the deal.

Comment

I remember riding in kit to lips AT H22 CB7. that shit was quick!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

when i had my in tiptop shape it was ok. nothing fancy, i chirped 2nd a lot lulz. it was quick (from a roll) but bleh thats it. honestly, just buy the bisi cams, header, put a good cai, etc and you will be about as fast as a modded h22. the f22 isnt a bad motor at all. after that you can still add the f22a6 ecu, h23 tb and intake manifold, etc.

my h22 got beat by an f22b btw

oh but with a really good tune (i used mrx's auto ecu once thanks to mr. phil), it hauled ass. so its up to you really. i did replace the tranny, it got really slower, then belt took a dump, so i sold the car to a member here lulz

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Damn yaw Switchin it up ic im really starting to hate driving a stickshift car now too. Is it me or am i gettin lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                          same here
                          count me in
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                            Damn yaw Switchin it up ic im really starting to hate driving a stickshift car now too. Is it me or am i gettin lazy.
                            i drive stick trucks all day long and just want to cruise home
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                              Yea shyts not worth it in the city fam. I want my girl to drive me around for a change. If I can teach her how to parallel park like me I will be golden

Comment

Working...
                              X