Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to do... my car, illegal engine, my wife, SC county sheriff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do... my car, illegal engine, my wife, SC county sheriff...

my wife is finishing up her last quarter of school and this saturday she has been invited to take the written and agility test at the sheriffs academy.

when she becomes a sheriff, would there be a possible issue if her husband has an illegally modified car?

i dont want to put her in a spot with her job at all... but of course it would be sad to have to sell my car... AGAIN

Hmm, have you talked about this with her yet?

I know a cop a few towns over who owns an S13 with underglow

life is good.

Comment

That's the best thing for your situation. Say you get pulled over for something illegal on your car, they pull you over, "Oh your wife is a sheriff? well have a good night" and you get no ticket. Cops are allowed to do many illegal things with their personal vehicles. So I doubt your car will affect the situation badly, or vice versa ie your wife being a sheriff affecting you and your car. My dad services a lot of sheriffs and police officers personal vehicles, many of them are illegally loud and modified.

Comment

No... If she was harboring a fugitive yes it would be an issue. When I did my law enforcement thing people got on with DUIs, assaults, etc... Just no child abuse, domestic assault, etc..

When they did my background check he saw my cars and just asked if I did all the work my self etc...

If your wife only has to worry about a husband with a car with questionable emissions she will be cleaner then 99.9% of the people on the force.

Comment

id demand to divorse her if she tried to pull something like that. dont you betray my 20 year old honda accord
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thats what i was thinking. i figured some of them are gonna have modifed cars, they just get away with it because of who they are.

i just didnt want it to get turned on her, especially since she'd be new. if they play some "she knew and did nothing about it" angle. especially considering, if i got pulled over by her and i wasnt her husband. i would most likely get a mandatory state ref, or maybe impound if they wanted to be a big asshole... since we're all so sensitive about smog laws

Comment

My cousin is a Toledo police officer and he's had/has some stuff that's "illegal" I think the badge just lets him get away with it. I doubt it would affect her job, just that if you get pulled over, "you should have known better" would probably be stated.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

you'll be fine. by illegal engine i hope it isnt stolen.

Comment

H22? Just get it Ref'd.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                    you'll be fine. by illegal engine i hope it isnt stolen.
                    its a h22a4, and im not spending all the money to have the car converted to obd2, so itll never pass or be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                      its a h22a4, and im not spending all the money to have the car converted to obd2, so itll never pass or be legal.
                      OOh thats right that OBD2 crap.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                      Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                      NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it.
                        My Car
                        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                          there's vin numbers on some of the obd2 stuff. im doing a f20c head and the vin is riveted on the side of the head. its almost in the way of surfacing it.

im getting a smog license
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have a question...and in it voices a strong concern.

Why are you asking us and not your wife? communication is why most marriages fall apart.
                            ____

Comment

I dont know how it is in your state but my buddy is a sheriff here in southern md and he drives a bad a$$ turbod civic hatch i really dont think it matters. tell her good luck im tryna become a correctional officer
                              WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Working...
                              X