Jdm Engine Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jdm Engine Depot

Ima tell yall what, NEVER buy a motor from JDM engine depot. I ordered a D15B for a Civic I just got in. There is a big ass hole in the valve cover and there is water in the oil. R+L carriers have shipped numerous things for me and havent put a scratch on them. I have a claim out with them right now because of the hole. But jeez, water in the fucking oil? I dont know how it got in there, or why its in there, but I swear to fucking god that motor better run flawlessly when it gets installed on Saturday. It is the shittiest looking JDM I have ever gotten and I will never buy another one again from JDM engine depot and thats a PROMISE. Discuss.....

I haven't heard things about them either way. It's always Tiger that gets shitcanned and flamed on forums.

Sorry to hear about that though man.

life is good.

Comment

Reguardless of how you received it and what other people have said about the company, How can you blame them when You know nothing about the delivery to your place.
      For all you know someone at the depot did it, or the driver did it.

Either way - Send it back and get your money back or a replacement.
      If you fit it as is, then the chances of you getting your money back reduces, and if it is faulty you wasted a whole lot of time for nothing.

And next time if you can, go pick it up yourself so you can inspect it first.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

man thats why you go in person to your local importer & see it with your eyes

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Thats the thing man. There are NO importers no where near Columbia. The closest one was Jhot and I inspected my old H22a before I bought it. I went by the feedback on ebay, and I should have bought it through ebay. But I hate paypal and decided to call my order in. But I will be sending an email to JDM Engine Depot right now.

Comment

The hole could've been caused by anyone, at any time... The water in the oil suggests that the hole was there before JDM Engine Depot even had it, unless they store their engines outside. Chances are, it was in a hoodless junkyard car, and got rained on (with a hole in the valve cover).

Pull the valve cover off. Pull the oil pan. Let it sit someplace dry, so all the water will evaporate. Water will seriously compromise the lubricating ability of the oil, so if you try to run the motor like that, you could do damage.

The water in the engine leads me to believe that it was like that while in possession of the seller.

Comment

Well im going to have the motor put in on sunday and we will see how good she runs. Im going to flush the oil out and take it from there. But you can bet I am pissed about that valve cover. Those bitches aint easy to get!!!

Comment

sandy vagina?

How you getting the motor in? You need me to come by and lend a hand? Let me know, I'm out of my place Friday after Vanessa gets home from school. All the time away from my pops house is great! lol
                Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                  I haven't heard things about them either way. It's always Tiger that gets shitcanned and flamed on forums.

Sorry to hear about that though man.
                  where is a good place to buy motors online anyways? every time i hear of a place it gets trashed on so then i look away. my bro wants an h22 for his cd5 but i dunno where to get one from lol

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

hmotorsonline is supposed to be great.

life is good.

Comment

cool thanks. i'll have to bookmark them

no
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

no no no. you got it all wrong. the hole in the valve cover is a new mod people like to do. gives you about 12345678 extra hp

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                          no no no. you got it all wrong. the hole in the valve cover is a new mod people like to do. gives you about 12345678 extra hp
                          pcv valve? no! its a pcv HOLE!

no
                          $30 HID kits here Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                            Well im going to have the motor put in on sunday and we will see how good she runs. Im going to flush the oil out and take it from there. But you can bet I am pissed about that valve cover. Those bitches aint easy to get!!!
                            Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
                            sandy vagina?

How you getting the motor in? You need me to come by and lend a hand? Let me know, I'm out of my place Friday after Vanessa gets home from school. All the time away from my pops house is great! lol
                            I bought my motor from them they are out of jersey, they have stacks and stacks of motor and front clips in a closed warehouse.... i personally chose my motor and watched them take the lsd tranny off right there.... my motor is spotless, came with harness, paperwork and i loaded it myself...

you might want to read there disclaimer paper before you have just anyone do the swap, it says that if you have it put in it has to be a licensed mechanic to do the swap and that if you are the person who purchased the motor and you are a mechanic that you cannot install it yourself.....

or it'll void there warranty and if there is a prob with the motor you have to send a copy of the mechanic that installed the motor mechanics license... also detailed photos of the damage part in the motor with specific diagnosis of said failure.. and the mechanics info so that they can call to verify said statement....

it also says on the paper that "JDM Engine Depot is not responsible for installation or improper use of any engine sold to a client therefore the following parts and circumstances are not covered by there warranty including"

not responsible for sensors,Valve Covers dizzys, alternators, hoses, pulleys, ecu, transmissions etc......

Customer must perform oil system overhaul as well as timing system overhaul...

point being they are on top of there shit and they have strict "rules" to claims

they say as long as the motor is not internally damaged and it starts that thats all they cover otherwise anything else messed up isnt there problem

i guess every company has there lemons...... here is the contact info for claims

Fax:1-201-955-9557
                            email: info@jdmenginedepot.com

i also just read that any warranty is subject to change when they want

lmk what happens

^^MY OLD RIDE
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
                              I bought my motor from them they are out of jersey, they have stacks and stacks of motor and front clips in a closed warehouse.... i personally chose my motor and watched them take the lsd tranny off right there.... my motor is spotless, came with harness, paperwork and i loaded it myself...

you might want to read there disclaimer paper before you have just anyone do the swap, it says that if you have it put in it has to be a licensed mechanic to do the swap and that if you are the person who purchased the motor and you are a mechanic that you cannot install it yourself.....

or it'll void there warranty and if there is a prob with the motor you have to send a copy of the mechanic that installed the motor mechanics license... also detailed photos of the damage part in the motor with specific diagnosis of said failure.. and the mechanics info so that they can call to verify said statement....

it also says on the paper that "JDM Engine Depot is not responsible for installation or improper use of any engine sold to a client therefore the following parts and circumstances are not covered by there warranty including"

not responsible for sensors,Valve Covers dizzys, alternators, hoses, pulleys, ecu, transmissions etc......

Customer must perform oil system overhaul as well as timing system overhaul...

point being they are on top of there shit and they have strict "rules" to claims

they say as long as the motor is not internally damaged and it starts that thats all they cover otherwise anything else messed up isnt there problem

i guess every company has there lemons...... here is the contact info for claims

Fax:1-201-955-9557
                              email: info@jdmenginedepot.com

i also just read that any warranty is subject to change when they want

lmk what happens
                              their warranty and customer service is sub par. it's better if you go there in person, so you can see and inspect what you're getting. i know a lot of people that have been screwed by them.

to the OP good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X