Fit question... literally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fit question... literally

Got a question - I'm going to be renting a Mazda Demio which is (according to Wikipedia) 3,800 mm (149.6 in) in length.

The Fit is 3,845 mm (151.4 in) in length (157.4 in (4,000 mm) (U.S. & Canada)).

So, my question. If you're 6'0" tall, can you lay down in the back of a Fit with the rear seat folded down? Sideways? Do the seats lie flat?

I'm going on a 13-14 hour road trip. This information would be good to know We're going to bring a tent so, worst case scenario is we put the tent up @ a truck stop or something to get some sleep.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

The seats do lye down in the Jazz (Fit ) but not 6ft in length, Your feet will be hanging over the center console a bit.
    Not a big issue, just lay the front seats back and open your legs. Then hire a hooker to keep your feet warm

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      ...and open your legs. Then hire a hooker to keep your feet warm
      4. ?????????
      5. profit

Comment

The seats do lye down in the Jazz (Fit ) but not 6ft in length, Your feet will be hanging over the center console a bit.
        Not a big issue, just lay the front seats back and open your legs. Then hire a hooker to keep your feet warm
        Jazz? It's Fit here in Japan... and in the US I thought. I'm all confused now :P

Do the seats lie flat? Don't want to sleep upside-down :P
        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
          Jazz? It's Fit here in Japan... and in the US I thought. I'm all confused now :P

Do the seats lie flat? Don't want to sleep upside-down :P
          Haha, Called a Jazz in NZ, Fit everywhere else.
          Yep the seats lye flat.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Cool. I figure this is stil pretty short so I'll either have to lie sideways or put the seat forward or something. Wish I could get a wagon but as is it's almost $500 to rent for the week... not including tolls and gas... booo.

Our daily driver just isn't up for it. 900km trip one way. The .65 liter engine takes it up to about 55-60 just fine but any more than that and it's screaming. Also... driving at 4-5k on the highway isn't going to be good for gas. Driving off of the highway is going to be about 6 hours longer. It'd be damn cheaper though. I'm going to guess it's going to be about $100 in tolls... Japan is retarded sometimes.

Edit, also the mira doesn't have cruise control so my foot gets damn tired after about 300-400km. :P
            My Car

Comment

surprised deev hasn't interjected yet.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                Same with me. :P
                My Car

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                  Just got home.

I saw this thread, ran outside, took my bass out of the back (I needed to bring it in anyway), and gave it a go. I'm 6'0. Fetal position, I can fit comfortably.

You're going to want padding, though, if the Demio seats fold like the Fit's do.

I really hope my neighbors didn't see me randomly lying down in the back of my own car...

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the experiment! Was it possible to lie straight at all?

We're actually able to pick up the car tonight so that's going to be 100000X better. Otherwise we were planning on getting to sendai (1 hour north via car) waiting for the place to open, getting the paperwork done, driving away. We were planning on leaving for our 13 hour (minimum) drive at about 10-11.... not ideal at all.

Now we'll leave this afternoon and drive back. Pack it up and leave at 4am or so. Sweet
                    My Car

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the experiment! Was it possible to lie straight at all?

We're actually able to pick up the car tonight so that's going to be 100000X better. Otherwise we were planning on getting to sendai (1 hour north via car) waiting for the place to open, getting the paperwork done, driving away. We were planning on leaving for our 13 hour (minimum) drive at about 10-11.... not ideal at all.

Now we'll leave this afternoon and drive back. Pack it up and leave at 4am or so. Sweet
                      How much luggage have you got? And are 2 people going to be sleeping in there?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

How much luggage have you got? And are 2 people going to be sleeping in there?
                        Probably a bag or two but not a lot. 2 people, yeah. May be a bit crammed but we'd do this if it were raining while we were camping or... something like that. Or for a quick nap on the road... while at a rest stop or something.
                        My Car

Comment

Probably a bag or two but not a lot. 2 people, yeah. May be a bit crammed but we'd do this if it were raining while we were camping or... something like that. Or for a quick nap on the road... while at a rest stop or something.
                          I'm pumped to drive something with more than 650cc. No offense to the Mira but I'm looking forward to driving a more normal car. 650 is fine for around here. In fact, I'd prefer it due to gas prices being about 135 yen per liter

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liter
                          100 Japanese yen = 1.0695 U.S. dollars

512 yen per gallon (roughly) = $5.43 per gallon.

Huh.. not as bad as I thought but still, what, almost double what the prices are in the US :P
                          My Car

Comment

Yeah, almost exactly double what I pay! Thankfully the Fit gets 40mpg

If 650cc is good enough for where you're at, then doubling that (I assume you're getting the 1.3L?) will feel like a rocket!

Comment

40mpg is what I'm hoping out of this car too. I don't know what I get out of the Mira... I've yet to figure it out. Just got a few Apps to help with that though

Getting a 1.5 I think. Oh yes..

The other nice thing is that I'll have real insurance. The Mira's plan comes with the inspection. Keeps us just legal but... it makes me damn nervous. I'd drive in Tokyo if I had real insurance.
                              My Car

Comment

Working...
                              X