Airplane Mode: ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airplane Mode: ON

Anyone else have or use this function on their cell phones? I know it disables calling and texting and any form of "communicating" but i can still take pics and play games.

Anyone know what the skinny is on you being allowed to use your phone, while in this mode, on the plane?

I think it disables your cell signal, which makes me wonder, if that makes it difficult to track or anything like that, lol.

Im just thinking out loud.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Yep mine has it too.
    They told us after we had taken off that if our phones flight mode was activated, we could use our phones.
    I listened to music and played games, Hostesses saw me and never said a word.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Awesome, lol. Cuz i wanna get pics and play games but i dont wanna be hassled by the flight attendants, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
        Hostesses saw me and never said a word.
        Was it the Hostess with the Mostess?

With that aside you are allowed to use it for games and music as long as the signal is off

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
        Frost White Member 13
        My Ride
        "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

I thought these were the Hostess with the Mostess....?

Comment

All it does it turn off all wireless signals so your phone wont interfear with an airplanes communications. Hence " airplane mode "

Comment

yeah i think most newer phones have it. at least moto's and LG's i know of.

life is good.

Comment

yea, i use it al the time, it turns off the "radio" in your phone impearing it from sending or receiving all radio signals. I will be on my way to Canada again and I will be using it again because my Pre takes forever to startup whenever its turned off.
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

why would you not be able to use "airplane mode" on an airplane?.. sheesh..

Comment

Yeah, you can use it, but everyone will give you funny looks, and all of the flights attendants will interogate you about using it, lol
                    Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

yeah i guess i figured usually you should turn your phone off?

idk last time i was in a plane, i didnt have a cellphone yet, about 8 years ago.

life is good.

Comment

yup disables the transmitter, so it doesnt send or receive signals
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

kinda ironic being named "airplane" mode if ur not able to use it on a airplane mode. might as well been called dummy mode or something

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

the reason why they put airplance moods on the cellphone...Is usually there nothing wrong when calling it's just...Airplanes have sensitive equipment that are attractive by another signal or electromagnetic wave with makes certain parts beep or loose control...THe reason is also the radio control is controlled by a radio wave and can be block by a signal of a cellphone..So that's the reason why we use airplane option
                            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Well, on the 4 planes i was on, only one said we could use cell phones in "airplane mode". The others said they had to remain OFF or they couldnt be used at all.

I just didnt understand that, if my phone is in AIRPLANE MODE, why they'd have a problem with me, or anyone, using it.

I guess it's one of those "Better safe than sorry" things.

Comment

Working...
                              X