Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when did 1pc lights become so expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when did 1pc lights become so expensive?

seriously, wtf. maybe i'm behind, but i remember joining up on here and seeing them for about $200 shipped on average. shit, i couldn't even sell my 2pc jdm lights for $230 shipped a year ago. now people are trying to get ~$300 for 1pc lights?

did i miss a memo?
    90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

1pc headlights are what everyone wants now no one wants the two piece
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

you didn't miss a memo, just didn't care enough about a trend obviously. which i don't either so i can understand lol. who cares 2pc 1pc no pc 50,498pcs, i could give two of my own shits you silly children and your aftermarket obsessions..

life is good.

Comment

But Noah....1pc arent aftermarket....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

...i think you guys missed what i'm saying. i'm not complaining about my 2pc lights not selling for more (even though they are rarer than the 1pc), i'm saying when did the price of 1pc jdm lights SKY ROCKET? if you look back barely a year ago to threads on here, you'll find numerous sale threads with them for ~$200 shipped. now kids are trying to get $300 and more sometimes?

Comment

Not Knockin Any1, But Ya Ive Seen Lately On The Forum, Lights Goin For 300 Beans.

Bonkers Cuz Ill Neva Pay That Much For Lights.

To B More Unique I Rather Rock The 2 Piece Jdm Headlight With No Nipples.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
              you didn't miss a memo, just didn't care enough about a trend obviously. which i don't either so i can understand lol. who cares 2pc 1pc no pc 50,498pcs, i could give two of my own shits you silly children and your aftermarket obsessions..
              i think you should think about it twice....

1 piece flows alot better
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Supply and demand

Couple years back it was all over this site and ebay for the lower price.

Now that most importers aren't getting access to the accords as much the price of some parts gone up..

Authentic G-square grills were going for 300+ before. Now there below about $250.. the price went down now since there has been replicas. so the demand went down.

It happens!

Comment

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
                  .\(even though they are rarer than the 1pc),\
                  Rare doesn't mean value

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                    50,498pcs
                    Lego head lights?

Comment

Funny you should mention this....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                        Supply and demand

Couple years back it was all over this site and ebay for the lower price.

Now that most importers aren't getting access to the accords as much the price of some parts gone up..

It happens!
                        see, i simply don't believe in supply and demand with these lights. i believe some idiots saw some overpriced lights on ebay and thought they could get that amount so they upped theirs too. so everyone else started charging the like amount.

i will never pay around 300 bucks for a set of jdm lights. that's just ridiculous.

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                        Rare doesn't mean value
                        well, that is the name of the jdm game. rarity. you're not going to dish out 200+ bucks for a set of USDM or CDM lights+corners. but again, i'm not complaining about my lights that have been long gone.

Comment

I paid $150 for set of light back 2 yrs ago...the cleanest set Ive ever seen. I can understand the rise, somewhat, but $300 is just too much money. Good Luck to those who try, but thats just overpriced.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Only so many sets around, plus the fact that everybody wants jdm now. If people didn't pay 300 they wouldn't be selling for 300. I shoulda gotten a set back in the day.

Comment

Some one will buy it. Even if it isn't you. The demands there.

Comment

Working...
                              X