Good news and Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news and Bad news

(... I figured if I posted a thread in Off Topic more of the regulars I know would run into it. This post is also in my MR thread.)

About as quick as the tide changes, I've changed my mind again.This time it is for good, Gentlemen.

Remember I was searching for a daily driver? Well, I found her, in all her glory.

I now own a 2004 Subaru wrx. It has been my #2 dream car ever since I knew I had an interest in cars.

Through the whole process of searching and buying this new car, driving it and realizing just how nice it really is, I've come to realize that I dont have the drive to pour the amount of money I'd need to into my accord to even prepare it for being boosted. Therefore, I've had to make a hard decision.

I will be selling my turbo parts, my Motegi MR-8 wheels, and my accord.

I'm going to put stock suspension back on the accord as well as the original steelies that came on it, and try my best to make sure all the misc. trim pieces are there as well.

But do not fret. Much like many members on this forum, I'll still be lurking around and showing up to the occasional meet.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

good for you man.

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
      good for you man.
      Thanks, agol. I absolutely love driving this car.

Comment

hahha i bet, my buddy has one of these and loves it. what a great car to own after the cb. hopefully if im financially strong later in life ill be able to build up an evo, but i also plan on having a powerful and sexy cb. i dont really care for any of the newer hondas. just love the older civics and accords. did you end up fixing the minor damage you had from that crazy accident?

Comment

Looks good
          Congrats!

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
            hahha i bet, my buddy has one of these and loves it. what a great car to own after the cb. hopefully if im financially strong later in life ill be able to build up an evo, but i also plan on having a powerful and sexy cb. i dont really care for any of the newer hondas. just love the older civics and accords. did you end up fixing the minor damage you had from that crazy accident?
            This weekend Im actually putting stock suspension back on the cb along with my steelies. If the motegi's are in fact bent, I'll be able to tell once I drive it with the suspension and wheel changes. I'll also repair the heatsheilding under the car. Hopefully that should be all that needs repairing...with the exception of a new alignment.

Comment

yeah, good luck with all the fixing up. hopefully the new owner can keep it as good looking as you did. and for the wrx lets see the slanted exhaust for future plans

Comment

You have done what I have wanted to do for quite some time, but I want an STI. good Luck.

Comment

Another Cb7 tuner out of the Alabama scene.. damn.. Sexy car though lol
                  -Will

Comment

This is what we call progress, bullhorn! I still show up at meets and I'll lightly mod the subie. No worries.

Comment

the EJ20 will NOT let you down. probably one of the nicest engines i've worked on, and i've done HG's. also NOT fun...

when maintained, these cars will be nothing but workhorses. through snow, torrential flooding rain, up rocky mountains, cruising through random fields of tall grass. at least the bugeye my buddy has, has done all of this more or less.

over the past few years, i've thought about putting this one my "someday when i can afford" list. what's the insurance like if you don't mind me asking rob?

life is good.

Comment

insurance can be bad... the wrx is one of the top 5 most wrecked vehicles by people 18yrs old - 32 yrs old... insurance companies KNOW that WRX's are a risk because they're cheap (meaning anyone can afford them almost), and fast.
                        Insurance rates on an sti were lower for me than they were a compable wrx-- reason being? STi's are more expensive and harder for younger drivers to obtain.

Comment

Agreed... insurance can be VERY high. Of course, I think insurance in AL is pretty low... AccordWarrior pays out the ass for his STi in MA. It's right up there with bigtime sports cars.

The EJ is a great motor, but those WRXs have a reputation for going boom around 100k. That's why I shied away from one a few years ago. Used turbo cars (and used AWD cars) are often neglected simply because the previous owners didn't know HOW to maintain them. Hopefully you got a good one.

That being said... Subaru makes a very nice car. My mom just got a 2006 Outback, and she loves it. My mom has never actually loved a car before. Someone mentioned buying a new car last night at dinner, and my mom got all excited and said "GET A SUBARU!!!"

Comment

It's a nice car, but I hope you have money to pour into the repairs when needed, and afford the insurance. Sure we'll see you around

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

No chance of keeping the Accord as a backup?

I guess I'm spoiled... I can't live without multiple cars (even though I haven't driven anything but the Fit in 2 years...)

Comment

Working...
                              X