Who is currently Un-Employed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
    I am not unemployed...but looking for another job at the moment...
    Then GTFO out of this thread so we can all cry together!

Good luck on finding a new job!
    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Sign up for FASFA...N go back to school for something we'll always need...Or that's getting laid off as much...Doctors, nurse's, auto machinics...You can get paid to go to school through FASFA...I've been laid off since Nov. 2009 and I got denied for everything...I didn't make enough is what everything said...Which I think is bs...But I always find something to make money doing...Fixing computers shit anything anybody needs help with and I know how to fix or can find away to fix it...I'm all over it...I make most of my money because people would rather have somebody else work on there car then themselves...And I charge them for the part I'm repairing up front and labor...And its been good...So I'm a good to school for automotive Jan...Just have to make it till then and I'm good...And shit is hella hard out here...California is so over priced...Gas is 3.09...SMH...School does pay...Just have to know where to look...
      My signature was removed because it was too big.

Comment

well im glad im not the only one on here that deals with this bullcrap
        im thankful i still live with my parents and dont have any bills to pay except for cell phone
        and i gotta put gas in my car all the time though
        ive found the pawn shop to be one of my good friends lol
        but on another note, alot of places are apply online only so ive been spendin some time on the computer typing in my information being repatative to different places
        people suggest i go to school.....but you dont get paid to go to school thats just another thing i have to deal with on top of everything else
        and plus idek what i wanna go t school for
        -Tyler

Comment

i was a plumber for 5yrs and havent been able to find work since aug 08...fuck even got turned down from toys r us

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
            it rain for about 5 mins then stopped.

yea the weather here is weird as shit.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
              i have 5yrs plumbing and havent been able to find work since aug 08...fuck even got turned down from toys r us
              LMAO i just applied to toysrus
              hope i dont get turned down
              -Tyler

Comment

Be careful with school.

Someone mentioned nurses....

the medical field is usually a solid place to be but it all depends on your location and in an economy like this no one is being frugal with their money.

It costs serious money to hire a new employee so they are looking for people with experience which yes you can't get without working but they are holding out for people who do have experience and want to switch locations or hospitals etc.

This is what i see day to day in my search for an xray tech's job.

Doctors are a different ball game but also takes 10 years and lots of money so thats totally different.

Im not trying to discourage anyone from doing the medical thing but beware im a new graduate and i can't even get per diem.

It is rough. no joke.

And i am a veteran and i was an EMT so im a perfect candidate for a hospital job.

Comment

I was laid off for 8 months from october 08 to july 09.....worked as a temp till april 10....then got recalled to my current job and have been back since

Im kinda curious how old the OP is.....Im guessing young since you live at home and only have to worry about a cell bill

Heres my suggestion....go to school sooner or later....dont go till you know what you want to do....but in todays world you need an education otherwise youll be having this situation happen a lot in your life....and when you are working its not fun to just be scrapping by.....so start thinking about possible programs to take that will lead to a sustainable future.

Also to anyone else whos looking for work.....Look into working for railways....I work as a conductor and making anywhere from 2200-4000 bi-weekly (depending on work performed...among other things)....You generally only need a high school education and they are usually hiring (up here anyways)....The only shitty part is getting your foot in the door....if you know someone it will greatly help....specially if they are family.....getting a job as a conductor isnt likely but there are MANY areas to work in that they will train you to work in....Most work performed in the railway is railway specific so they pretty much have to train you from the ground up anyways.

I will say the railway life isnt for everyone....Especially being a conductor so make sure you look into it fully before committing....if you get a job.
                  Last edited by King James; 10-27-2010, 03:56 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                    I was laid off for 8 months from october 08 to july 09.....worked as a temp till april 10....then got recalled to my current job and have been back since

Im kinda curious how old the OP is.....Im guessing young since you live at home and only have to worry about a cell bill

Heres my suggestion....go to school sooner or later....dont go till you know what you want to do....but in todays world you need an education otherwise youll be having this situation happen a lot in your life....and when you are working its not fun to just be scrapping by.....so start thinking about possible programs to take that will lead to a sustainable future.

Also to anyone else whos looking for work.....Look into working for railways....I work as a conductor and making anywhere from 2200-4000 bi-weekly (depending on work performed...among other things)....You generally only need a high school education and they are usually hiring (up here anyways)....The only shitty part is getting your foot in the door....if you know someone it will greatly help....specially if they are family.....getting a job as a conductor isnt likely but there are MANY areas to work in that they will train you to work in....Most work performed in the railway is railway specific so they pretty much have to train you from the ground up anyways.

Yea dude those jobs are hard as hell to get down here.

Idk about out west but here in NYC those are city jobs with great benefits and people step over each other to just take the entrance exams.

As far as Union Pacific and lines like that those are usually hard because you need to know someone but the companys respective websites usually have employment opportunities listed.

Good jobs indeed.

My SGT in the military, her brother was a rail operator and drove a freight line from texas to Oklahoma i think and made around 7500/month.

Damn good money.

And rail lines are union so thats always a +

Comment

CSX is hiring conductors in Syracuse......Im not sure how far away that is from NYC so it may or may not be an option

But yes knowing someone helps greatly....I got in because my uncle works at CN (my company)...and my grandfather worked there.....and his dad as well haha.....so its pretty much just continuing the family tradition going.....I called my uncle up and within 2 weeks I was training as a conductor

But I know of many new hires that just applied off the street and got in....so it never hurts to apply.

The pay is pretty good....tho right now its kinda hurting but even at 2500 every 2 weeks its hard to complain....but Ive made 5600 a pay before and before my layoff 3500 was pretty much the min....so comparatively its shitty right now (just need the american economy to pick up).....and having a union is good and bad.....its good if they are willing to actually fight for you....but its bad when they just kinda give up (as they have for me in the past)....plus 150 every month goes to them when it could be very useful elsewhere.....but in the end its better having them then not....cuz if we didnt the companies would fuck us hard.
                      Last edited by King James; 10-27-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

To King James, Im 19

i heard railway is a great job had a friend washing carts for almost 2gs a week
                        but like said i dont have a connect in that field i will search upon those types of jobs

AND although im 19, im always being told to get a job or go to school.
                        live with my dad for free and all he wants me to do is have a job so i can sustain myself in this household and not have to ask for gas money or random stuff like that.
                        Im thinking about the Solar power industry
                        my dad installs solar panels and gets bank
                        AND it is gonna be a multi-BILLION dollar industry by 2012
                        might as well start off early and get ahead i wanna piece of that change...
                        -Tyler

Comment

I understand what your dads saying....and what Im saying is when your 19 and have little to no responsibility any job will seem great and youll have a bit of play money....but then when its time to move out and grow up that job no longer cuts it....then your back to this position but no longer have your parents to rely on....so its best to go to school or get a job that has a future while your still young enough to not have to stress about other aspects of life.

Ask me how I know.

Comment

Add me to the list. Been unemployed since June 09. I've been fortunate enough to be able to help out @ small dealership. It's not what I'm used to making, but it helps to keep the bills paid.
                            Keep your heads up everybody, and hustle like your life depends on it. For a lot of us it does.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                              I understand what your dads saying....and what Im saying is when your 19 and have little to no responsibility any job will seem great and youll have a bit of play money....but then when its time to move out and grow up that job no longer cuts it....then your back to this position but no longer have your parents to rely on....so its best to go to school or get a job that has a future while your still young enough to not have to stress about other aspects of life.

Ask me how I know.
                              The man is 110% correct.

Basically there are jobs and then there are careers.

If you go to school or aquire a skill(welding plumbing) and can turn that into a career then your good.

It will sustain you through the next few years and if you study the growth of the field you can do it for 20-30 years easy.

Like the Post Office for example, it is a federal job. Great benefits and the pay is decent. You can do that for 20 retire and then start a second career.

Same with railway and most other industries or sectors that are not going anywhere soon.

Find something you can see yourself doing and something that you can wake up and have some excitement for for the next 20 years because as soon as you start to dislike it thats when trouble begins.

Comment

yeahh well thanks for the advice and stuff
                                im really looking into the solar power field
                                im already fairly decent at electrical work
                                and my whole family has been electricians
                                the solar industry is growing very quickly and my dad is already high up in the company he works for
                                while this is the career im interested in...i still need a job to get by lol
                                i get what your sayin though i dont have bills and stuff like you guys do
                                but i do have court costs coming up that idk how to pay for
                                maybe even probation
                                something will work out for me though
                                -Tyler

Comment

Working...
                                X