Snow, people can't drive in it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow, people can't drive in it...

Let me start this by saying, I work EMS for a living. I put 10's of thousands miles on a vehicle every year at work and in my off time.

I've noticed something, people either drive way too fast and wreck, or they drive too slow and cause a wreck. I'd like to say that it makes life exciting but it does not. Listening to people tell me that it wasn't their fault... they weren't going that fast... or "That bastard cut me off." My favorite is when people are trashed and can't decide who was driving (it was a BMW 7 series). That was the case tonight. We later found out that while leaving the bar he hit 4 other vehicles while leaving. What a winner folks.

All this amounts to is that I ask all who live in snowy areaas to be careful during your morning commute today and please be careful. There are idiots out there... I've seen them.

ems? you mean ambulance service?

wowzers, im sure u seen some shit!
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

<--- 911 dispatcher right here, we have to put up with all the idiots yelling/crying/complaining before you guys find out about it

Comment

word.

and btw i drove yesterday for my work (chevy dealership) to danbury CT,then to NYC and then back in the large storm that got dumped on most of the hudson valley and CT. saw @ least 8 accidents, and 7 people off the road. PLEASE slow down

life is good.

Comment

Common sense works wonders in the snow. Unfortunately, many people lack it.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

It's totally true about the too fast AND too slow that causes accidents!

People have to be cautious, but not be a hazard themselves.

I drive about 70k a year myself, so I put up with it too... I'm actually taking off work today because I don't feel like driving in it! The snow isn't deep, but that's actually worse. The idiots still drive when there's like 3" on the ground. When it's really heavy, they tend to stay home.

Comment

To Apu and Poor_monkey

A genuine big thanks goes out to both of you guys...cool to know a few members here do save lives.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

You would think being in wisconsin people would be able to drive in the snow, but no, even if it's 60 and sprinkling a little they must drive 20mph and take a half mile to get there

short

Comment

Here in Washington, it doesn't matter if there is just a light powder or a foot of snow on the roads, the people do not know how to drive. They like to wait until you're within 10 yards from them and they pull out in front of you. It happens almost everyday on my way to school. I plan ahead and leave early so I don't have to speed. It still infuriates me, though.

Comment

so does the ambulence have 4wd?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm glad I live in Wyoming for the fact that ppl do know how to drive in the winter.......well the ppl who have lived here a while anyways haha, every now and then we get TX, AZ, FL ppl who come and everyone else drives around them, because they are usually going 10-15 mph under the speed limit, I'm surprised I haven't seen one get ass packed yet

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                      1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread
                      Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I live where it's snow for half the year and people still can't figure it out.

I'm also surprised that snow tires are not yet a mandatory law in all provinces yet, as it in in a few already. So many people here are like "why bother, I'll just drive more carefully."

Really?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFzOFkjmmv0 although baller when there isnt powder on the ground. ur the laughing stock of everyone that sees u in the snow.
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

In Alabama one snowflake signals the end of the world and everyone stocks up on a months worth of food.

No we cant drive on snow either. In fact we suck.
                            -Will

Comment

LOL, people just can't drive period here in Cincinnati.

In rain, they will drive uber slow. In snow they drive very fast. In partly cloudy weather with dry roads... WATCH OUT!

I swear the people here just don't give a rats ass. When i had my truck, people stay clear of me. Now that i have a newer Civic, i swear people swerve at me.

Comment

Working...
                              X