No announcement yet.

New 2012 civic generation...Meh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn, so we're not gonna see cars from the factory all staanced out?

Comment

I love it. Reminds me of an accord coupe.

Comment

IMO the new Civic looks exactly the way it should. There are no drastic changes but at the same time it is significantly different - because it was time to revise the bodystyle to keep the buyers excited.

The Civic is one of those cars that is not prestigious at all and one of the most made fun of cars. In my opinion, it is super underrated and everything about it is badass. To me a freaking base model Civic offers a much more exciting driving experience than anything else in that price range. The only thing I wish Honda would do is build a car that could compete with other high performance sport compacts in the 25-35K price range. They have the Mugen Si in that price range but it obviously can't run with a WRX for example.

I wish they built something as exciting and advanced as the high revving ITRs and S2Ks were when they came out, but at the same time a car that can at least run with the EVO and the 305 V6 Stang and everything else in that price range.
        They definitely have the knowledge to build a 300hp+/250tq+ high revving/high displacement 4cyl in a car that would weight in the 2600-2700 range while still having all the necessary safety equipment. I think there would be a big market for it. Our generation (that grew up with 90s Hondas) is now in their mid20s-mid30s and starting to make enough money to be able to afford a second car/extra toy. Just think about it, if Honda released a new Civic TypeR that looked badass and ran 12.9 stock, A LOT of people would be all over it!

Also, I think Kia Forte should never be compared to the Civic. Your average Civic, just like a well-maintained CB, will run 250,000miles easy with no repairs over a couple hundred bucks. While Kia's reliability is still questionable. You average Kia just doesn't run for that long without some serious wrenching time.
        Last edited by rexload; 01-10-2011, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Here is my version:

Compared to this:

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
            In my opinion, it is super underrated and everything about it is badass.

They definitely have the knowledge to build a 300hp+/250tq+ high revving/high displacement 4cyl in a car that would weight in the 2600-2700 range while still having all the necessary safety equipment. I think there would be a big market for it. Our generation (that grew up with 90s Hondas) is now in their mid20s-mid30s and starting to make enough money to be able to afford a second car/extra toy. Just think about it, if Honda released a new Civic TypeR that looked badass and ran 12.9 stock, A LOT of people would be all over it!

Also, I think Kia Forte should never be compared to the Civic. Your average Civic, just like a well-maintained CB, will run 250,000miles easy with no repairs over a couple hundred bucks. While Kia's reliability is still questionable. You average Kia just doesn't run for that long without some serious wrenching time.
            How do you not have a Civic?

Find me a car that fits your following criteria. Basically every car manufacturer have the knowledge.

By questionable reliability your mean they don't run for that long without serious wrenching time right? We'll see how this new Civic is seeing as how the engine/transmission details are not disclosed yet.

Comment

I do have a civic. All 92-95 civic parts are interchangeable with my integra... so to me it is a civic but with a nicer interior.

Every car manufacturer has the knowledge but Honda can build something that makes a shitload of hp per liter while keeping it naturally aspirated and reasonably reliable like they did in the past. IMO if they took it up a notch, and built a car that would run with the EVO (for example), there would be a big market for a car like that.
              Last edited by rexload; 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                (ok, nevermind... I don't want to delete all that, but I just did a little research. The Genesis has a 2.0L, and the Sonata has a 2.4L... though there still may be some parts that could be swapped.
                The Sonata turbo is a 2.0L unit. The 2.4L is the NA 4-banger.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

honda civic genesis coupe

its ok looking. rather get a cr-z lol

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    Ehhh, they're not bad. They'll grow on me just like the current gen did.

I do however much prefer the Kia Forte's styling over the Civics.

In the first pic of the Civic coupe, the side and rear almost look like the current Accord coupe belt line and trunk area. Handsome, but slightly bland.

What's up with the smoked lights? Not cool.
                    It just pisses me off that Kia nearly directly copies a Civic, and then gets credit for the design. Fuck that.

The Kia is a knockoff.

The headlights are smoked because it is a concept car. They will not be smoked on the production versions. Also, don't be disappointed, but the "regular" Civics are not going to have 19" wheels and a slammed to the ground stance, although this is what it would look like with those.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    From what I read of the Forte, it's a fairly capable car... but not very sharp in handling (especially compared to a Civic, even with the fairly feel-numbing electric power steering.) The Forte has a reputation for being very quiet, though... which is rare in that market segment.

The smoked lights are probably just Honda's attempt at getting into the "factory modified" market. Just like Chevy with the Aveo's "euro" lights that went out of popularity years before the car's release.
                    Car companies have to realize that popular aftermarket trends are NOT going to be welcome on brand new cars. The trends die out too quickly, and by the time a car goes through the engineering and manufacturing process, the trend will be long forgotten!
                    The Forte's biggest issues is a twist beam rear axle. And the fact that Kia sucks at tuning suspensions, although they are learning.

See above comments on smoked headlights. On non-Si versions, you can expect smaller wheels, brakes and probably less aggressive lower body lines.

Frankly, this car looks fantastic, and is just what I expect from Honda, much like the current gen is. It is clean, understated and simple, but is still distinctive and unique in a lot of ways.

You already saw the post on the Sonata's 2.0T. It is the same block, but features DI, and several other technologies related to the turbo, as well as additional tuning. It would be a little more than bolt ons to get a Genesis up to that power level. But then again, tack too much money onto a Genesis 4 and you are in V6 territory. The problem with that is you are nearly to 370Z territory or Mustang GT territory.

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                    How do you not have a Civic?

Find me a car that fits your following criteria. Basically every car manufacturer have the knowledge.

By questionable reliability your mean they don't run for that long without serious wrenching time right? We'll see how this new Civic is seeing as how the engine/transmission details are not disclosed yet.
                    What evidence has Honda ever given us that they don't build pretty much bulletproof powertrains? Other than some tranny issues (which many other brands share to a larger degree), I don't see a lot of Hondas expiring early. Kian and Hyundai on the other hand are a different story.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i prefer the current gen civic looks wise. Powertrain wise...is Honda going to introduce direct injection into this next gen civic? This new one looks pretty similar though, they didn't drastically change it, just tweaked it at first glance.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                        i prefer the current gen civic looks wise. Powertrain wise...is Honda going to introduce direct injection into this next gen civic? This new one looks pretty similar though, they didn't drastically change it, just tweaked it at first glance.
                        You don't want direct injection.

Comment

I like it better then the current. Although I'd much rather have a non-hybrid cr-z lol.
                          wat?

Comment

im digging the new civic. looks alot more grown up. i hope honda can squeeze a few more hp out of it

Comment

Looks like the Si may be getting a K24, in which case I will be keeping mine and probably either leaving it stock, or doing some stuff. Maybe will trade it in on a non-Honda.

Comment

IMG_6169 by slammed4thgen, on Flickr

IMG_6164 by slammed4thgen, on Flickr

IMG_6186 by slammed4thgen, on Flickr

real deal, as im sure you wont be surprised... the disapproval at the show was tremendous.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X