copy cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copy cats

so you try hard to make your car different from everyone else...at the end someone takes your specs and ideas and applies it all onto his or her car. how would you feel?

discuss...

Personally i feel that nothing is original, everything has been thought of and attempted before. Some people expose it and some people have it but don't have the right connections to expose it.

So to answer you question; I would not really care.

Rip It Up
    Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Just means you're going to have to change up again to stay unique. I think it's human nature to see something and think "I want, I want!" and to try to make their own similar.

Comment

I hate it, but it is a pain being different when theres alot of bitters out there

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
          so you try hard to make your car different from everyone else...at the end someone takes your specs and ideas and applies it all onto his or her car. how would you feel?

discuss...
          Paint your car House of color hot pink pearl. I guarantee you no one will copy it (well they might).

Remember imitation is the highest form of flattery. People imitate (or replicate) because what you have is better than what they have, so they aspire to have the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
            Remember imitation is the highest form of flattery. People imitate (or replicate) because what you have is better than what they have, so they aspire to have the best.
            x2 i was gonna add that to my post but meeh

Rip It Up
            Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

If your idea is the best, its going to get stolen plain and simple. Its interesting that all F1 cars look almost the same, yet they're all independently developed. If it works, it works. Now when you're taking about cosmetics, if someone copied my whole car yeah I don't think I would like it much. Look at all the magazine cars though....they're all cookie cutters. So very, very similar, just slightly different.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Forget about originality. Do what you think is good, and be happy with it. Everything we say, wear, eat, ect, is a copy from someone else.
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Unless you're fabricating you own parts from scratch using a radical design, you are not original. Everyone is a copy cat except for those making parts that have never existed before.

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

like everyone else has said, theres only a limited amount of aftermarket parts made for any car, sooner or later every possible parts combination will be used, and with the ammount of people who own that 1 specific type of car....theres bound to be several people with the exact same mods as you.
                    ..[CB7][STAR]..
                    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Where is my old asss thread?

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire? View Post
                        Where is my old asss thread?
                        I'm going away forever. PLEASE copy me.

Comment

As far as they aint taking ALL the credit for saying they came up with it i would think of it as flattery, i mean i been getting most of my ideas from other member's rides but not copying one car down to the bone.

Funny you mention the hot pink pearl tho, i thought about painting it light pink pearl, but then again that would just scream pull me over, lol.
                          Originally posted by scudweiser
                          it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

I don't customize my car to make it look different from everyone else's, I put it together so it looks good to me.

Of course, modifications others have done to their cars will influence me and help me decide what I like and what I don't like.

You can always put a twist on someone else's idea, but really, we're so limited to what we can do within reason on all our cars, that eventually, someone somewhere will have a pretty close to identical, if not the same set up.

Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? That's the way I look at it. Plus, if someone else's car looks just like another's, and their so far away from each other, it's only hurting people on the internet who know about it. Right?

Comment

this is why you dont post it online. that way if anyone copies you, it would hopefully stay local lol

no
                              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                              $30 HID kits here Thread
                              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                              X