So Hows PSN? PS3 Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
    I think that hackers should be dealt with the same way as criminals.
    But alot of the hackers that cause chaos I've heard of, seem to get employed by big companies in order to protect themselves from other hackers.

It also brings the question, Why do people hack in the first place?
    Its the same as going to the store and taking something with out paying for it.
    Or breaking into my house and taking my stuff.
    I'd think of it like Bisimoto. He wants people to buy his stuff, so he built a really awesome race car and broke some records.
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I think the racing came before the business aspirations. He built his car to win... THEN used it for marketing.

Anyway, on topic... Hackers do what they do because they can. It's like being an explorer. There's a certain notoriety to be earned in that society for being the first to crack something new, or to pull off something huge like that.
      Most of the people that try to hack into secure government records aren't interested in selling the information, or using it for their own purpose... they're just doing it because it's a challenge.

And yes, Microsoft is most certainly stepping up their security, I'm sure! Unlike PSN, which is free to use, you need to pay for Xbox Live to really do anything with it. Therefore, credit card info is guaranteed. With PSN, the only time you'll get credit card info is if people want to buy things... and not everyone does. At least as far as I know... I don't personally have a PS3, so I could be totally wrong here!
      Also, Microsoft is well known for making the computer operating system that is the hacker's favorite target. There are practically no viruses, security exploits, etc... for any Apple systems, or the popular unix-based systems... but Windows always gets attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by WiggneedsJDM View Post
        Asking why a hacker hacks is like asking a immature kid why they use cheat codes.
        we hackers hack for the challenge. let the normals have their rubiks cube and sudoku.. we have the world to unlock.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by WiggneedsJDM View Post
          People are gonna do what they know only few people can do. Its a human urge to feel special.
          Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
          we hackers hack for the challenge. let the normals have their rubiks cube and sudoku.. we have the world to unlock.
          See I told you....

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Also, Microsoft is well known for making the computer operating system that is the hacker's favorite target. There are practically no viruses, security exploits, etc... for any Apple systems, or the popular unix-based systems... but Windows always gets attacked.
            Apple is Unix based....
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

xbox ftw
              COUPE K24

Comment

the way i see it as they hacked psn to make a point to not to fuck with fellow hackers...also they did it for the psn users...admit it there was so many problems with psn..weather it was lagg or just getting signed out randomly among more that i dont kno about..but the hackers forced them to fully rebuild there network ground up..so there gonna make it better than befor because they have to unless they want to get hacked again..i cant wait to be able to play again but im not gonna strss over it like some of the people out there haveing a melt down......OMG OMG I CANT SIGN IN WHATS GOING ON......man i really need to get a girl friend......or better yet laid....lmao

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                  Apple is Unix based....
                  Yes, I know... but the Apple OS has so much going on that it's worth mentioning separately.

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                    xbox ftw
                    i had 5 xbox360s befor i bought a ps3 thats lasted longer than anyone of the explodeing boxes of doom.and yes one of them i had EXPLODED AND CAUGHT FIRE....got my money back bought ps3 not a problem and im 120 richer a year from not haveing to pay for the same gameplay as psn...and i dont care what anybody says THE GAMEPLAY IS THE SAME BETWEEN THE TWO SYSTEMS!!

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                      i had 5 xbox360s befor i bought a ps3 thats lasted longer than anyone of the explodeing boxes of doom.and yes one of them i had EXPLODED AND CAUGHT FIRE....got my money back bought ps3 not a problem and im 120 richer a year from not haveing to pay for the same gameplay as psn...and i dont care what anybody says THE GAMEPLAY IS THE SAME BETWEEN THE TWO SYSTEMS!!
                      lol you bought the old ones didnt you? and xbox only costs 60 a year.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                        lol you bought the old ones didnt you? and xbox only costs 60 a year.
                        the last one i bought was the new gen that was sopposed to stop giving red rings after long gameplay...and yes thats if u buy the 1 year card..but i keep buying 3m onths at a time so it added up.
                        Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

This thread has nothing to do with the merits of the xbox... why are we even talking about it?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            This thread has nothing to do with the merits of the xbox... why are we even talking about it?
                            Because wherever you bring up PS3, Xbox will appear.
                            Just Like wherever you bring up JDM, Idiots will appear.

hence me.

Comment

Yeah, but the thread isn't about comparing the systems. That's like talking about a rust problem on an Accord, and having someone chime in saying "My Prelude is faster!"

Comment

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/631...network-attack

they say the only reason the hackers were able to get in was because of a program made so ps3 and xbox players could play against each other. the programs (which i dont remember wtf its called) apparently is easily hacked into. and since ps3 isnt super secure....yeaaaaa. ill get my ps3 next month still. ill wait it out

no
                                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                                $30 HID kits here Thread
                                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                                X