Places to rent a fun car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to rent a fun car?

Since my Fit is in the shop, I'm contemplating renting a car for the weekend. I don't NEED a car (i can bum rides, or borrow my mom's Outback if necessary.) However, I've given some thought to renting something fun.

I know of Hertz, Enterprise, and Budget. Those are the only three major car rental places around me that I'm aware of.
    Most of them have convertibles (a Mustang convertible would be fun), and I know Hertz has a Corvette. However, NONE of those places have any convertibles or sporty cars near me.

I figured I'd ask you guys for suggestions for other places to look.

I'm not looking to spend a ton of money (so no $1000/day Lamborghini rentals! ) but I could part with $100-$200 for the weekend if I could get something really cool. A convertible would be tits.

i'll have to search for local rental places... like a rent-a-dent type dealie... though they usually just have beaters. I'd have my pick of Grand Ams and Sables. Maybe a car dealer would rent me something?

If you have a Triangle near you, they have the new Camaro convertibles.

http://www.trianglerentacar.com/locations.php
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    You're such a dumbass, the world ends on saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Since my Fit is in the shop, I'm contemplating renting a car for the weekend. I don't NEED a car (i can bum rides, or borrow my mom's Outback if necessary.) However, I've given some thought to renting something fun.

I know of Hertz, Enterprise, and Budget. Those are the only three major car rental places around me that I'm aware of.
      Most of them have convertibles (a Mustang convertible would be fun), and I know Hertz has a Corvette. However, NONE of those places have any convertibles or sporty cars near me.

I figured I'd ask you guys for suggestions for other places to look.

I'm not looking to spend a ton of money (so no $1000/day Lamborghini rentals! ) but I could part with $100-$200 for the weekend if I could get something really cool. A convertible would be tits.

i'll have to search for local rental places... like a rent-a-dent type dealie... though they usually just have beaters. I'd have my pick of Grand Ams and Sables. Maybe a car dealer would rent me something?
      Find a place with a 2011 v6 mustang. 300hp rwd... Pretty sure you wont find a gt anywhere... Around here you can get a exotic car for a little less then a $1000

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyO View Post
        If you have a Triangle near you, they have the new Camaro convertibles.

http://www.trianglerentacar.com/locations.php
        The closest one to me is 6 hours away in Richmond. I don't want to go as far as Philly (which is about 20 minutes and a $4 bridge away!)

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
        Find a place with a 2011 v6 mustang. 300hp rwd... Pretty sure you wont find a gt anywhere... Around here you can get a exotic car for a little less then a $1000
        Yeah, I'd be happy with that for sure. I don't expect to get a crazy performance car... just something different, sporty, and preferably topless

Comment

I don't NEED a car.
          I could part with $100-$200 for the weekend.
          Just something different, sporty, and preferably topless
          Cheap Hooker?

Go to a dealer and ask if you can demo a car for the weekend.
          Even go to the dealer where you brought your Fit (since you will have credit there) and ask if you can demo an S2000.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Rent a Cadillac. Like a boss
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              Cheap Hooker?

Even go to the dealer where you brought your Fit (since you will have credit there) and ask if you can demo an S2000.
              No more new s2000s

Comment

Yeah. I doubt any dealership would have one in a rental/loaner/demo fleet... sadly. That would be ideal!

Comment

Go to an acura dealership and talk them into renting a loaner car

Comment

http://www.gothamdreamcars.com/

do it.
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Oh yeah, for only $2225 I can rent a Murcielago for a single day.

Comment

Oh yeah, for only $2225 I can rent a Murcielago for a single day.
                        Seems a bit of a ripoff, considering that's probably your monthly payment on OAC for one.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                          Cheap Hooker?

cheap hooker have a nasty habit of arriving dead at Deev's place since the shippers forget to put air holes in the box ( the shipping box not the other box)
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X